The Helper needs help again

Rad

Reaction score
Or if you want an untextured one which would fit better with a "smooth" template:
logo-2.jpg

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I was looking for a render, but thanks for that one, too.

preview2.jpg

Is this Starcraft2-ish enough? I cant really tell, been working on it too long.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
What do you mean?

The design what I have in mind contains of individual segments, so liquid design is no problem.

segment.jpg

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Konerboy, you really didn't get my idea (I know pretty much CSS, just so you know ;)).

Ah, I thought you had those plates as background and had the body of the navigation transparent. Meh, nvm :p.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Yes, I thought you thought that. I thought that, too.

(Whatever)

It would be really awesome to pull that off.

But at the moment, I am using the "segmented" version.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Here's a zipped .psd of the SC2 Logo. From the Blizzard fankit :p

Attachments

• Starcraft2_logo_large.zip
    702.4 KB · Views: 279

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
I uploaded a rendered SC2 logo from planet renders.

My first attempt seemed pretty bad, so I may work on detailed segments and make a new one, though some people have some really nice things going.

EDIT: Also, wouldn't it be a decent idea if you hate 3 different color schemes (one for each race) and have the ability to change them by buttons on like the top right of the website?

Attachments

• starcraftIIlogocleaned.png
    starcraftIIlogocleaned.png
    152.2 KB · Views: 337

Rad

Reaction score
Do you want the banner to be focused entirely around the SC2 logo? I mean, every Starcraft fan site will have the exact same logo usually in the exact same location... Kind of unoriginal if you ask me.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
The current banner concept is good.
Some stuff that relates to the game, and the sc2 logo... somewhere near.

Then again, if you have some better idea...

Either way, the current "need" is not a nice button, or a nice logo, or a nice rounded corner, or a nice bar, or ...
but an overall concept!
Think page, not corner.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
I uploaded a rendered SC2 logo from planet renders.

My first attempt seemed pretty bad, so I may work on detailed segments and make a new one, though some people have some really nice things going.

EDIT: Also, wouldn't it be a decent idea if you hate 3 different color schemes (one for each race) and have the ability to change them by buttons on like the top right of the website?

agreed, even just a simple color change would suffice, though some graphical changes that relate to each race would be nice too

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
> btw, SC2 Armory is a pretty neat site, or rather, the design, I really like

I have to agree there, the site is clean, well laid out, fixed width design, looks graphical but yet is still largely text-based. Gives a very good first impression.

Compare that to the official SC2 site. Too much flash. Waaay too much flash. Navigation is a nightmare. Too much graphical text in the layout. I can't believe they would create something that terrible.

Rad

Reaction score
Don't get ahead of yourselves. Get a working theme that looks nice that multiple people agree on first.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't get ahead of yourselves. Get a working theme that looks nice that multiple people agree on first.

Yes; but I liked Rad theme with the way it was like the forums; you could see who was posting the news etc.

siteidea.gif

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
Hey guys! i made a new one, but i have so trouble with making some cool shapes any advice??

THSC.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.