The Helper needs help again

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I don't think that it will be a problem. It seems to be a glorified banner. It looks good. I could definitely go with this theme.

Rad

Reaction score
Recent progress.
I am not sure how codeable that is...

banner2.jpg

It's codeable. I hope you don't plan on redoing the buttons, I liked how they looked. Give them a nice glowing effect for hover and it would be great.

Still need the body of the page though.

Edit: Added an example for the code, excluding the buttons. The difficult part about the buttons is how the corners overlap, you could either use overlapping transparent images or split them into left/right segments and have a tileable center image which would allow the buttons to be stretched. The downside is the corners wouldn't be linkable. That might take some thought.

Attachments

• sitecoded.zip
    198.9 KB · Views: 281

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
without.jpg

Yes, I thought about the buttons.

I think the the most left and right sided buttons will be unique, the middle ones will be same-looking, to allow adding more buttons if needed.

/unique\ |same| |same| / unique\ STARCRAFT II /unique\ |same| |same| / unique\

Also, if to plan carefully, the banner is actually crop-able into pieces which fit together, allowing the page to be resized bigger or smaller without affecting the design.

More to come.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
solved.jpg

I think there is no need anymore to split the banner into smaller images and pieces.

The problem solved quite nicely.

(Yes, the background is a perfect repetitive pattern, if one hasn't noticed so far)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
You made it to be repeatable on the sides well, didn't you? :p The one in the kit was repeatable vertical-only. Btw, yours definately looks better with the banner like that ;). I am now coding mine.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Post #105, and some previous editions of it, looks like something already.
However, the latest doesn't show any buttons anymore... whereas previously they were integrated.
That is, of course, by design?

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
The buttons are integrated, I just didn't show them. :p

Anyway, I will be going on a vacation tomorrow, for a whole week, so I guess I will upload the .PSD fail here later this evening (or day, for some).

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I know I am double posting!

Here is a more fined tuned, polished version (including menu bars)!

polished.jpg

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
i liked the picture faded more hten how u have it now, anyone else agree?
and i think i liked the old buttons better..

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Its looking great!

I just suggest the old buttons with the bar around it. If they need to extend that bar past the banner it wouldn't look to grand.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
i liked the picture faded more hten how u have it now, anyone else agree?

I should fade the main battle scene's border a little darker?

I just suggest the old buttons with the bar around it. If they need to extend that bar past the banner it wouldn't look to grand.

I have figured out only the most important links will go to the main navigation bar.

Sounds reasonable, doesn't it?

Sub menus, links, call them as you wish, will be placed onto a similar navigation "platform" seen in post #42.

Though, the "platform" needs much work, it's too bland at the moment.

Plus, with the current buttons, the coder, I guess AceHart, can play with the link paddings and divs and adjust how far the links are, and how they exactly fit there, without trouble(*).

(*) Dealing with sliced images, because the corners are at a 45 degree angle.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
post 99 shows what I am talking about

currently, it looks like there is no fade to it at all, I liked how it was before, maybe not as extreme, but, well, it was still better IMO

Rad

Reaction score
Around the Starcraft II logo, in the most current one theres a border around the II on top, I disagree on darkening the edges though. But you should get rid of the border around the II, which is really only visible near the gameplay image and the top of the background. If that makes sense.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I will be going on a vacation tomorrow, for a whole week, so I guess I will upload the .PSD fail here later this evening (or day, for some).

Send it to acehart imo.

Just paranoid about the design getting stolen.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
done.jpg
Done and done.

This should basically be the final version of the banner.

And I'm off for a vacation for a week, so I'll probably start to work on the body part after arriving back.

Given no-one else hasn't come up with something better.

P.S

Is the attachment limit changeable?

I am asking because the .pdf is quite large and I do not wish to use external sites.

Can someone change my attachment quota temporarily?

Send it to acehart imo.

Just paranoid about the design getting stolen.

How?

This guys is a ninja!

Virtually untouchable.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.