The hunt begins (again)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Not the most descriptive title, I know, but bear with me on this :p

Lately, I seem to have run short of things to play - I've pretty much lost all interest in WoW for the time being, and CS:S/TF2 (when not playing with friends, that is) become extremely boring to play, very quick.

So, that leaves me wanting to find something new to keep myself occupied when I have nothing better to do, and I'd like some suggestions regarding some reasonably good game(s) that are out there.

Currently, I've got the Xbox360 and, obviously, a PC and I'm not really pushed about genre, although shooters and RPG's would be ideal :p I've been looking around for stuff (preferably on Xbox), but I can't see much that grabs my attention, other than perhaps FF XIII.

So, does anyone have any recommendation on any good PC/Xbox360 games that are available at the moment (doesn't necessarily have to be something recent) because at this point, I'm pretty much stumped.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
company of heroes for PC. About 4 years old

The campaign is actually pretty long, ive spent about 10+ hours and im not halfway through yet. (Normal)

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
Modern Warfare 2, Dragon Age, Bioshock 2 - I dunno. CSS is going to get an update soon so don't forget that.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
what about L4D1 and 2?

It sounds like you want to play with your friends so ya.
From what i remember, you have a pretty rockin computer.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Homeworld 2 if you want a good RTS:thup:

There is always the battlefield games:D
Or you could try Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War 2:thup:

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Hehe, of all the games mentioned, I think Homeworld 2, Mass Effect and Red Dead Redemption are the only ones I don't have already.

Mass effect is pretty fun but it isn't really challenging.
Isn't really challenging? So, would it be easy/very easy, or simply average, in difficulty?

Red Dead Redemption or GTA4 are good time killers.
Well, my cousin bought Red Dead Redemption so I can try the game out sometime when he's around :p From what I've heard, it sounds pretty cool though.

go old school.. max payne 2.
Hmmm, I'm gonna have to dig that one out of the attic :D

There is always the battlefield games
Which ones, in particular? BC2 seems pretty fun, although the reviews I've read suggest that the guns are very inaccurate which sounds a bit crap - would that be true, and does it 'work' for the game if it is true?

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Fallout 3, Borderlands for shooting/somewhat RPGish
Darksiders is a semi long game, and is VERY similar to God of War

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Which ones, in particular? BC2 seems pretty fun, although the reviews I've read suggest that the guns are very inaccurate which sounds a bit crap - would that be true, and does it 'work' for the game if it is true?

I am yet to try it, but it has been like that in all games and that is somewhat how it should be, if you just stand still and shoot bursts the weapons almost never miss for me in any of the other BF games and that is just realism:)

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
BC2 is good, it actually has pretty much replaced COD for me. The guns kinda look bad in it, but that`s just a small thing. The aiming is realistic enough, with snipers if your quite far away you have to aim above the target since gravity will drop the bullet, and if the target is moving you have to lead them, that is, aim ahead of them. I find it pretty fun and challenging until you get the hang of it, but it is a fun game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.