the import function of sc2 editor... how do you use it?

Xeno Yoxa

Reaction score
can someone tell me...? i want to attach a defiler model and textures to my map can someone tell me how to do so?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You should just be able to import the model and a set it's path to something. Then in the Data Editor you should be able to find the model at that path when selecting the path for the model for a unit. There should be instructions from where ever you got the model from that explains how to get it working.

Xeno Yoxa

Reaction score
no i mean how do i get it to appear in my map lol i can import it but i cant get it to work in my map.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
First of all try to tell people what you know, like where did you get the model from?

When you import stuff you'll have to save after you imported it, and then you can use the item you imported.

Kyuft

Reaction score
To get the model to appear in the map, first import it. Then save the map. Next, right click the model and move the file to Assets. That should work out well. When you put the model on a unit through an actor, just navigate to the assets folder and it will be right there!

-Kyuft:shades:

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
To get the model to appear in the map, first import it. Then save the map. Next, right click the model and move the file to Assets. That should work out well. When you put the model on a unit through an actor, just navigate to the assets folder and it will be right there!

For the record, you don't have to move the file to Assets. I always keep them where they are to separate between my imported files and the standard files.

Kyuft

Reaction score
I put them in Assets but not in the models folder in Assets. That way, it is easier to locate them, but they are still separate.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
First you need a program like photoshop to create the right files for it
Next step is save it in the right folder where are also the other model files
Last step will be the import menu in the SC2 editor, I assume you know where the import menu is

Remember the location where you saved your file and import it

note: becarefull with importing, all of the files are selected in first

Xeno Yoxa

Reaction score
well it was annoying to say the least but i got most of the work done importing the unit and then i had to make a few things in data editor such as a model for the defiler to be stored in/etc but yea there's one thing i find weird... the defiler isn't showing up on my unit palette until placed on map... is this a problem?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.