The Internet is Going Down Hill

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
With all this out sourcing going on, the Internet is going down hill. Soon we will have to move on to the NEW internet where new beginnings are made!

/discuss outsourcing and cutting jobs / costs? :thup:? :thdown:?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Assuming that this is a serious topic....

- How much effect does outsourcing have on the internet, anyway?
- I have no particular feelings on outsourcing one way or the other - businesses are perfectly free to move their operations to whatever location they wish.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant this mainly towards webdesigner/programmers. A couple years ago, you could see logos going for 100$+ as a freelance, today? 3$-5$ tops.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
My teacher in my IT Course at College, who is 64 and has been doing this for like 40+ years, was talking about this whole situation at school today.
Complete BS, why am I going to have to pay via taxes for a company thats already making bank anyways, to train new workers in CHINA to work for them cheaper than here in the US, and take away jobs to US citizens? Screw that, thats total bullshit...

By all means, if the company wants to move overseas and train foreign workers to work for them cheaper, go for it. But there is absolutely no reason for US citizens to be paying taxes for them to do so, thats their job...

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant this mainly towards webdesigner/programmers. A couple years ago, you could see logos going for 100$+ as a freelance, today? 3$-5$ tops.

Just had a friend pay $200 to get his logo designed.

Soon we will have to move on to the NEW internet where new beginnings are made!

A... new internet? What are you talking about, and what does outsourcing have to do with the internet "going downhill"?

Complete BS, why am I going to have to pay via taxes for a company thats already making bank anyways, to train new workers in CHINA to work for them cheaper than here in the US, and take away jobs to US citizens? Screw that, thats total bullshit...

What taxes do we pay that goes straight to companies?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
What taxes do we pay that goes straight to companies?

Nothing right now, but some board in the US government is trying to get money from taxes to do so, claiming it makes things we buy and use cheaper for us.

I may be a bit off on this, but from what I understand, thats whats going on.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I doubt that will pass DDR. Rather, from what I hear, there are taxes being implemented that US businesses will have to pay if they outsource jobs that could be had by Americans.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I doubt that will pass DDR. Rather, from what I hear, there are taxes being implemented that US businesses will have to pay if they outsource jobs that could be had by Americans.

I doubt it would either, that would be stupid.
Ah, thats more understandable. Lol

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score

Wait a second, does that mean, being a non-american and working in america automatically results as outsourcing?

Oninuva

Reaction score
Just had a friend pay $200 to get his logo designed.

A... new internet? What are you talking about, and what does outsourcing have to do with the internet "going downhill"?

Well he was having an open design contest, he can offer as much as he want's but if you take a look at popular internet freelance market places, almost all the people that get work are designing logo's for 3$-5$, sure they may not be top quality but people look for cheap & quantity.

.. And most of them being from India. While they make a living off of it, there's just no way someone in America could make a living off 3$ a logo, even if say, you get a new job everytime you finish one.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Wait a second, does that mean, being a non-american and working in america automatically results as outsourcing?

No, I think it means that American businesses that outsource to other countries for cheaper labor have to pay for taxes to do so.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Well he was having an open design contest, he can offer as much as he want's but if you take a look at popular internet freelance market places, almost all the people that get work are designing logo's for 3$-5$, sure they may not be top quality but people look for cheap & quantity.

.. And most of them being from India. While they make a living off of it, there's just no way someone in America could make a living off 3$ a logo, even if say, you get a new job everytime you finish one.

If you're doing logos in your spare time with no real inspiration, and you're mass producing them, then sure they should only be worth $3-$5. I saw about 15 logos that were entered into that contest that looked mass-produced. None of them won.

A business that's actually serious about what logo it's going to use is going to pay large sums of money for a REAL logo, from a company or free-lance that has a large list of good things done. They're also going to give them the time to make something of good quality.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I agree with Darthfett. Companies want good looking logos from people with good histories of their stuff. I also don't understand what you mean by mass produced because why would anyone want to be able to mass produce logos? You only need one, cheap and quantity doesn't really make sense in this case.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.