The John McCain Thread

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What you don't know is at t"this point" Leaving means we are wrong, staying means we are wrong, fighting means we are wrong to them, they manipulate the population to think we are "the bad guys" in a simple way, so they almost have constant support(terrorists) to go against us, doesn't matter how many we save, they will turn things around toward us, thus this is a endless pointless fight.

So, what is your point?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
What you don't know is at t"this point" Leaving means we are wrong, staying means we are wrong, fighting means we are wrong to them, they manipulate the population to think we are "the bad guys" in a simple way, so they almost have constant support(terrorists) to go against us, doesn't matter how many we save, they will turn things around toward us, thus this is a endless pointless fight.

Someone obviously doesn't know anything about Iraq....

Seb!

Reaction score
Well, Iraq may or may not have been a terrible idea in the first place. It may have been a ploy to control the oil flow, or it may have been a way to free the Iraqi people from the dangerous Saddam Hussein. I don't think it matters why we went in at this point. We have to focus on 1) An exit strategy, 2) An occupation strategy, 3) A combination of the two. Whatever we do, whining won't help the countless, and possibly superfluous deaths in the middle east.

Varine

Reaction score
Enlighten me.

The majority of the population wants us to stay. The majority of the population are not terrorists. Terrorists will constantly support themselves, regardless of whether or not anyone outside of their organization supports them, and therefore they are relatively common (as terrorists tend to be extremists, who are quite common in the Mideast) without exterior influence.

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
Just having a go at this as a non-American, probably pissing some people off, who will then claim how ignorant I am, how little I know about American history, etc., etc...

http://www.voteforpresident.org/results

This describes perfectly how my close surroundings (Antwerp City, Belgium) think about your next elections: Go Obama!

I must add though, that -even though a lot of us want to see the Democrats win- a lot of people believe Obama doesn't stand a chance "simply" because he's black.
There's just too much controversy about his color (which is -sad- beyond belief).

This may be a very one-sided point of view, but it represents how American history is taught and looked upon in Belgium (and probably the rest of Europe):
A) Republicans do some controversial stuff and usually start a war (lol)
B) Eventually the American citizens are fed up with it and vote Democrat
C) Democrats fix stuff, but since there are a lot more people who actually go to vote on Republican side than on the Democrat side, Republicans gain control again after the controversy has died down.
(Thus no longer encouraging Democrats to actually go and vote, effectively losing the rally for the Democrats)
D) A through C all over again

Right now, we're at the point where B) takes over from A).
(When Carter got elected, the democrats could send a dog and still win, which is kinda the situation of today.)
Only this time: they are sending a type of dog that a lot of people don't like :)

Personally, I'd rather see Obama win, since McCain will probably continue walking along the path that Bush is currently taking.
Your social system is shit (no offence, but it is) and should Clinton and Obama join forces there might actually be a change in that (although I don't tend to believe there's actually hope for your social security system).

Saddest thing of all is that some people will actually not vote for a potentially good president, just because he doesn't match the Caucasian Male War Veteran prototype of a president.

P.S.: Oh and yes, this post might be a tad pro-Democrat, but then again, there's so much disrespect for Bush in Europe that his entire party suffers from it on this side of the Atlantic...
Either way the elections go, the Republicans sure need a good PR guy right now to do some damage control reputation-wise...

Seb!

Reaction score
but since there are a lot more people who actually go to vote on Republican side than on the Democrat side - Magentix

Actually..

An estimated 201.5 million U.S. citizens age 18 or over will be eligible to vote Nov. 2, although many are not now registered.

Of these, about 55 million are registered Republicans. About 72 million registered Democrats.

About 42 million are registered as independents, under some other minor party or with a "No Party" designation.

SOURCE

Seb!

Reaction score
^ Can you believe people are voting for that guy?:thdown:

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Actually..

He said after the controversy dies down. And that's how many are registered to vote, doesn't mean they all will vote.

And the independents can go either way. Many probably go republican.

Lastly, he's talking about how it's been. Not the present election, which hasn't even happened yet.

Varine

Reaction score
I must add though, that -even though a lot of us want to see the Democrats win- a lot of people believe Obama doesn't stand a chance "simply" because he's black

And him not even having a full term as a Senator isn't going to put people off more? Or the people that he surrounds himself with? Or all the other things that suck about him?

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
The people talking about American Debt

Its quite simply really...
Republicans mainly contain of people, of the Upper Class. People who are higher up in the Corporation Ranks.
Democrats mainly contain of people, in the Middle or Lower class. People who work in anywhere from Teaching to being a Party Clown. The so called 'Average Americans'.

As the Chart shows... Debt in the US, goes up usually when theirs a Republican in Office. Lately this is extremely true with the "Bush Dynasty"

National-Debt-GDP.gif

And as you can see Here

The Debt is just getting larger.... and the War on the Middle class is actually getting worse. So, with this data it would be best to go with a Democrat or Independent for this years election.

Varine

Reaction score
Or when Congress is held by Democrats.

Republicans aren't 'generally' the upper class. Most people who are republican aren't upper class at all, more of the middle class with intelligence, whereas democrats tend to just be people who either want to hate everyone else or are normal people who don't know anything about politics.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Republicans aren't 'generally' the upper class. Most people who are republican aren't upper class at all, more of the middle class with intelligence, whereas democrats tend to just be people who either want to hate everyone else or are normal people who don't know anything about politics.
I was mainly talking about Ideals...

Technically... The Republican Party Ideals favor more to free markets, economical freedom, Free trade. These ideals are more suited to Corporation.

The Democratic Party Ideals favor more to Raising Minimum wage, lowering College education, universal health care. These ideals are more favored by the Average American Family...

Most Republicans believe that strict environmental standards hurt businesses and therefore support reductions in environmental regulations.

A considerable percentage of Republicans are skeptical of anthropogenic global warming and doubt scientific studies that demonstrate the impact human activity has on climate change

Really, I can't stand the Republican party, less then McCain. Unless they raise there Environment protection standards and sign the Kyoto Protocol Agreement.

Varine

Reaction score
You should go read the platforms....

And to the like eight idiots who gave me -rep to tell me that the war is what put the US into a debt of 9 trillion dollars: HOW THE FUCK DOES A $530 BILLION DOLLAR WAS CAUSE A DEBT ALMOST TWENTY TIMES AS MUCH? The economy is caused by the housing issue and it has to adjust. I don't care what Stiglitz or whatever the hell is name is says, because he's a shitty economist. If anything, pulling out of the war would make it worse because it's keeping a lot of people employed.

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
You should go read the platforms....

And to the like eight idiots who gave me -rep to tell me that the war is what put the US into a debt of 9 trillion dollars: HOW THE FUCK DOES A $530 BILLION DOLLAR WAS CAUSE A DEBT ALMOST TWENTY TIMES AS MUCH? The economy is caused by the housing issue and it has to adjust. I don't care what Stiglitz or whatever the hell is name is says, because he's a shitty economist. If anything, pulling out of the war would make it worse because it's keeping a lot of people employed.

No offense, but "War keeping people employed" sounds a bit like what Hitler did back in the 1930ies...

People are dying, YOUNG people...
No war-to-save-economy can be a valid excuse for the lost lives in Iraq.

If you want to save American economy, start by limiting the " all hail the credit card" economy, it isn't doing you any good to have your entire belongings on a downpayment. (I know John Maynard Keynes said investing/spending is good, but spending more than you can afford wasn't what he meant)

Economical failures like the recent housing issue should never be able to happen.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
It allmost like money is a new God to people these days..
I would never vote for those neo liberalist, they just try to get rich people to become more rich, which leads poor people to become more poor.
Its all business.. Why do you think they went in Iraq in first place? They used the fear of terrorism as their key to power. Its money and business and oil and power all over again.. And its making me sick..

I might just be worng.

But I dont think so.

Why cant people just live in peace happily ever after? Respecting and helping other people like Jesus told us to do?

Oh, why?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.