The Last Aegis

Markhaos

Reaction score
An AOS Map, not quite finished but people can download the pre-release and check it out... I will update it reguarly, if you have any ideas, post them here and you might see them in the map.

Edit:
Note: Concerning credits... If you're resource has been used and you've noticed that i do not have a credits section on my map, it's because I haven't created it yet. All credits will be given to all who have contributed in some way, (Icons, skins, models etc..)

Please note: The victory conditions have been set for the rebel force. I just forgot to tell the players what they are.
To win as the rebel force your objective is to destroy both the lithim and legions comm centre and power station.

New update coming up.
The Crossroads Demon.
Side quests for player to complete. (Allows you to gain I-points.)
I-points being Introduced. (I-points allow you to purchase stat points for your hero for more personalisation.)
Major Terrain Modification. (Look below to see a sneak preview of the new map Page 2.)
5 new heroes.
New Item Soul Spear.
Empty Vial being replaced with blessing stone.
After 45 minutes of gameplay if there is no winner The Gods Midias and Khalvahar will be summoned.
Custom Loading screen.
custom mini-map preview.
custom mini-map.
Some anouncer sounds.
balance fixes.

(v1.01 beta) Due soon-ish

Download Link: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/196311/

Markhaos

Reaction score
Description: A long time ago in a galaxy far far away... (Is it cheesy??)
The map is set in a futuristic time setting, all the worlds of the galaxy were at peace at some stage.
But... one day a great evil rose... that evil was known as the Vladis. The Vladis originally comprised of three warriors known as Kaylel (The Arctic Knight), Nhilis (Knight Dragon), and Karish (Legendary succubus) these three hated the rule of the Legion (An empire that maintained law and order in the galaxy).
The Vladis was a small threat at first... or so the Legion thought, The three over the years had taken out key political leaders, warriors, and eventually they conquered an entire Legion planet. Due to the events that transpired the Legion had to take action by eliminating the threat, they sent out assassins, squadrants of their warriors but one by one they fell. Eventually the vladis had come across a planet known as Cardigan. This is where they met Khalvahar. Khalvahar was known as a God... God of the damned however... Khalvahar was eternal enemies with Midias who was God of the Noble. both Gods were immortal.. except for thier one weakness... thier Aegis orbs. If all five of the Gods Aegis orbs were destroyed then they would be able to go about deicide (The act of killing a God.) Khalvahar had allied with the Vladis and formed a great force known as the Lithim. The Lithim is a horde of vile creatures and wretched rulers now trying to overthrow the Legion. Over the years the two had battled and destroyed almost all the Aegis orbs except for the two last ones. It's the battle for The Last Aegis.

Markhaos

Reaction score
Old Screenshots.

[*] health post.jpg [*]Teleporter.jpg [*]Rhyperior and sargeras.jpg [*]Pool of life and shops.jpg [*]Mana post and neutral creeps.jpg [*]Lithim orb.jpg [*]Lithim and Legion creeps.jpg [*]Legion base and orb.jpg[*] Kaylel.jpg [*]Invisibility field.jpg [*]Wormhole.jpg

Markhaos

Reaction score
Map Setting: The map is set on the Reaver Titan Crystal Mining Facility.
Titan crystals are the main resource.
3 heroes are done. (May be imbalanced. (Please post balancing issues, would greatly appreciate it.))

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
But... one day a great evil rose... that evil was known as the Vladis.
Fear Vladis the Rose!

lolz, ok well is there any way you could privately send me the map (i have no interest in stealing it)
or post a demo map with all your triggers imported into it?
alternatively, post all your triggers here.

We need to see what you need done, atleast know how much work we will be doing before we just jump into it.

Or possibly host a BETA version of your map (protected) here for us to see what it looks like.

--

edit:

(Casting Invisibility on a hero thats just outside the field will make him invisible for 130 seconds.-this is some stuff i wanna fix-)
well, you could make a trigger removing the buff if the target is outside the arena/field. Or a periodic removing the buff from the units not in the arena/field.

We need to see your map, before we can comment or give suggestions.

My multiboard is not so great i will admit.
I can help with this.

So far I've only done 3 heroes... but i'm getting there.
I can give suggestions, what do you have so far?

(Note: wormholes take mana, if you don't have enough mana you will die and be lost in the void forever.)
Is that meant to happen, or is it a bug? lol

My triggers are okay... I have tried to remove every leak i can find, I've preloaded a lot of the custom content, and tried to optimize it... I don't seem to be getting lag anymore. (I hope).
I would like to see your triggers that concern you about the leaks; and your preloading trigger.

Markhaos

Reaction score
My preloading trigger... lol i'm not even sure it works but my map doesn't lag.. and yeah the wormhole is supposed to kill.

Edit: Preloading Trigger works fine.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I would advice you not to search for a single person who will complete all the work for you but you should rather try to find triggers you think need a finishing touch and create threads in the object editor help forum for them.
This way we all will have a look at them and probably be able to help you by sorting out all the things which are troublesome.

Markhaos

Reaction score
Another South African, good to see :)
Downloading map now.

edit:

-_- its protected bro lol.

Lol i know.. i'm sketchy.. my friend created 2 awesome maps and bam someone else is taking credit for them but i said i'd e-mail you the unprotected version

edit:
if i knew what it was.. (your e-mail address that is.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
You could drop me a PM (Private Message)
otherwise [email protected]

But i know your concern on maps.
I just want to look at your triggers, i'm not going to remake your map lol.
And trust me I have my own maps to not need yours lol. I have enough to work on at the moment :p

But yeah, even if somebody does work on your map, you could always update it - makes their version look like an old version if you keep updating it.
It's not a huge problem tbh, just makes the other map look outdated and a noob ripp off.
lol.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i like the look of it, it adds a really cool deep dark yet futuristic feel, which is hard to do with wc3 as everything even at night is pretty bright and more old school than futuristic

Markhaos

Reaction score
It will blow you away... seriously.

A preview of the new map....

Nexus City.jpg

Has been slightly photoshopped.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
very cool, those tall blue things are supposed to be buildings right?
have you considered making the size randomized to add that kinda metropolitan feel to it and sorta spamming them?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.