Defense The Last Battle

KoJi

Reaction score
There's only 1 lane which is mid lane and forest at top and bottom, and I need ideas for spells and heroes. Anybody willing to help me with it? I will give credits to those who help me.

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
If you're looking for hero ideas, I suggest the following site:
http://www.dotastrategy.com/list_heroideas.html

It is also hard for people to make suggestions for hero ideas because you haven't given us any details. What I mean by that is that you haven't given us the game type, how many heroes you plan to have in your map, the theme of the map, etc etc. All of the aforementioned things can affect how many and what sorts of suggestions you get.

Never-the-less, here's a hero I was going to use for one of my old maps which I never finished:

Name: Warlock

Abilities:
Soul Drain
This isn't one of my abilities. I just chucked it on my hero because it fit.

Crippling Curse
Wreaths an enemy unit in magical flames which cause damage and slow movement speed. Damage done and amount by which movement is slowed increases with each level.

E.g.
Level 1 - Does 4 damage/second. Slows Movement speed by 5%. Lasts 10 seconds.
Level 2 - Does 8 damage/second. Slows movement speed by 10%. Lasts 15 seconds.
Level 3 - Does 12 damage/second. Slows movement speed by 15%. Lasts 20 seconds

Life Blood Aura
Once the Warlock has killed a certain number of units, a number of skeleton warriors equal to the number of units killed are summoned at the position of the Warlock. The number of units that the warlock is required to kill is determined by the current level of the ability learned by the hero.

E.g.
Level 1 - Must kill 3 units. Spawns 3 Skeleton Warriors.
Level 2 - Must kill 5 units . Spawns 3 Skeleton Warriors and 2 Skeleton Archers.
Level 3 - Must kill 10 units. Spawns 6 Skeleton Warriors and 4 Skeleton Archers.

Mass Soul Burn [Ultimate]
Burns all units withing a range of 700 of the Warlock. A percentages of the damage dealt to the hero.

NB: I originally designed this ability to have 3 - 5 levels, so in my map, the damage dealt and the percentage health returned to the warlock differed with the level.

KoJi

Reaction score
Its like Hero Defense type, heroes have to defend their tower and a main building. Max of 10 players. 5 of each side of the team.

death_knight

Reaction score
Given that, you are going to want a mix of both defensive and offensive heroes. If you want to make it very team orientated and potentially more difficult, I reckon you're going to need a very clear mix of offensive and defensive heroes.

e.g. a very basic example would be to have a tank hero that has a lot of offensive spells but who is susceptible to damage (i.e. doesn't have high defense/has low health regen/etc etc) and then have a defensive/passive class which offers healing and buffs and whatnot.

I reckon that could work really well considering it's a hero defense game.

KoJi

Reaction score
I have an idea of a spell but i dont know what skill to base on, 75 damage with 10 damage per second and 25% movement speed slow for 5 seconds.

death_knight

Reaction score
Well if the spell has missile art, then you could base it off a spell like the Death Knight's "Death Coil" and then trigger the rest of the spell (i.e. use a trigger to give the unit a buff that slows movement speed or something like that)

death_knight

Reaction score
I wish I had the commitment and the time. But if you need any help (e.g. with spells, GUI triggers and stuff), don't hesitate to let me know and I'll help you if and how I can.

KoJi

Reaction score
My knock back is not working.

Unit Group - Pick every unit in KnockbackUnits and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Set KnockbackSpeed = (Load (Key speed) of (Key (Picked unit)) from KnockbackTable)
Set KnockbackAngle = (Load (Key angle) of (Key (Picked unit)) from KnockbackTable)
Set KnockbackDistance_Total = (Load (Key distance) of (Key (Picked unit)) from KnockbackTable)
-------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------- Has knockback ended? --------
-------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
KnockbackDistance_Total Greater than 0.00
Then - Actions
-------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------
-------- No >>> Keep knocking back --------
-------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------
Set Knockback_Loc1 = (Position of (Picked unit))
Set Knockback_Loc2 = (Knockback_Loc1 offset by KnockbackSpeed towards KnockbackAngle degrees)
-------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------
-------- Tree Destruction --------
-------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------
Destructible - Pick every destructible within 175.00 of Knockback_Loc1 and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
-------- Is destructible alive? --------
If - Conditions
(Current life of (Picked destructible)) Greater than 0.00
Then - Actions
-------- Is destructible a tree? --------
Unit - Order TreeChecker to Harvest (Picked destructible)
If - Conditions
(Current order of TreeChecker) Equal to (Order(harvest))
Then - Actions
Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible)
Else - Actions
Else - Actions
Unit - Order TreeChecker to Stop
Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to Knockback_Loc2
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Weapons\AncientProtectorMissile\AncientProtectorMissile.mdl
Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
Hashtable - Save (KnockbackDistance_Total - KnockbackSpeed) as (Key distance) of (Key (Picked unit)) in KnockbackTable
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Knockback_Loc1)
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Knockback_Loc2)
Else - Actions
-------- Yes >>> Stop knocking back --------
Hashtable - Clear all child hashtables of child (Key (Picked unit)) in KnockbackTable
Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from KnockbackUnits
If - Conditions
(Number of units in KnockbackUnits) Equal to 0
Then - Actions
Trigger - Turn off Might Strike Knockback <gen>
Else - Actions

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.