Campaign The Lord of Khaz Modan v1.1

BiweeklyAaro

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is an update of a map I released a few months ago. It was my first map, so I wanted to go back and improve it with some of things I learned about the editor in the last few months. If you're interested in playing it, you can grab it at http://www.epicwar.com/maps/150131/

Summary: It's about a Dwarf Lord who finds out the undead have seized a dwarven temple and are attempting to harness the power of an ancient relic that is resting there. He has to come to the rescue of the nearby dwarf base, retake the temple, and take the fight to the undead commanders!

Description: The gameplay is divided into several sections, there's an RPG section, an AOS-style section, a defense section, and a base-smashing section. It takes around 60-90 minutes to complete, so keep that in mind when your're playing it.

Credits: It was just me working on this, I had a lot of fun doing it. If you have any constructive feedback on it, feel free to leave it here!

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I like the concept. Cool as a campaign level since it's not just a regular melee match with a story. It was pretty fun to play through.

So, some comments on what could be improved:

The first part felt like it dragged a little. If the hero has weird new custom abilities, it might have been worth the length, just to learn everything, but as is, it seemed a little too long.

When I got to the town, one of the peasants didn't rescue. He went over and repaired my lumbermill then jsut stood there.

The second part was easily the most fun, but I felt like the RTS part of it was somewhat unnecessary or underplayed. I would suggest making the base entirely AI controlled and making the hero more interesting/special, which would help with the first part too.

For the mortar teams, I would suggest making a nearly impenatrable wall of towers, to make sure the player gets them. I forgot about the quest until later, when the enemy was much tougher, so it was a huge pain to go get them then.

When I got to the temple, I didn't see the tiny barracks until after my hero was channeling and no longer under my control, so I didn't get to use it until after. Maybe just give a barracks and show it being built in the short cinematic before you get control again.

The third part was pretty cool. I liked that although I had only ranged units, the defense was set up with the doors and stuff so that it worked. I never ended up repairing the observatory all the way though. I left a peasant on it for a bit, but then I needed him for other stuff, and the thing wasn't even close to finished repairing.

Again I also think the RTS part was either unnecessary or underplayed. Maybe give a limited, set number of units for this part? Or at least limited resources, and then you get to pick your setup.

The last part is where I would heavily emphasise the RTS elements. It really felt like that part was kind of unfinished, since I could just sit around for as long as I wanted. Here you could introduce some new dwarf units (dwarven worker, dwarven spellcaster, etc.; there are some good custom dwarf models out there), and make it more like a normal melee game versus the undead, but with a really powerful hero.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.