The Mysterious Fifth Class

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Watching the Blizzcon stream, they said they have known all five classes (Blizzard employees that is) have been for two years. But also that the fifth class isnt 100% yet, the main idea will be the same, but there still is much to change. He also said that Blizzcon 2010 could be when the next class is announced. If all this is true, then Diablo won`t be for another year minimum ( But most expected this anything)
So my question to you is, what do you think the fifth class will be (used search, can`t find any thread of this even though i thought there was)

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
My guess would be either a Priestess, for healing, or some other support class.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
imo i think itd prolly be a bow class. like the rogue or amazon, but prolyl with a different name. cuz imo diablo needs a bow class, and a barbarian, wizard, monk, or witch doctor rnt very bow-y

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Currently there seems to be a lack of healing and bow as said before.
But the Witchdoctor could be a healer, I think I recall reading something about that before.

I am thinking that it could be a bow-wielding character, but they could be making that an expansion(I'm just assuming that there will be one atleast) character aswell. It is the most believable to release next tho:)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah, in the past they always added a few more with expansions, so it's probably either a bow/range type or a healer type. Whatever is missing, they'll probably add 2-3 more classes in an expansion. Wait, they probably already made the expansion, but they just wanna split more money out, :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Diablo 2 only had 5 classes...

LoD brought in the remaining 2.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Barbarian > Barbarian
Sorceress > Wizard
Necro > Witch Doctor
Pally > Monk
Amazon > ????

DM Cross

Reaction score
How do you see the Monk being the supportive class that the Pally was? o_O I need explanation for that one...

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
How do you see the Monk being the supportive class that the Pally was? o_O I need explanation for that one...

That's true. Its not really as supportive as a pally was, but from what I saw he had a few defensive casts.

I'm not saying that hes a supportive class, but he fills the nitch best of the other 3, as the holy warrior.

All games had a ranged fighter, and I don't see them breaking that tradition.

---------

You know... in a way, the barbarian has been in all three games... In Hellfire he was in the game, just not choose-able.

DM Cross

Reaction score
The ranged. Character that they didn't reveal yet, if they ARE revealing one, may also be the support character. Just not sure how they'd combine the two... Bard with a crossbow?o_O

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
The ranged. Character that they didn't reveal yet, if they ARE revealing one, may also be the support character. Just not sure how they'd combine the two... Bard with a crossbow?o_O

I'm not sure either, But a ranged support class would be great! It would make more room for the melee fighters to get into the fight.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Dudes, c'mon, aren't you happy that the supporting part is very small now ? Personally I am. I mean, when I played with friends, I just hated to see someone who is a 4-6 levels stronger then me, but I can kill him in a breeze, just because he chose to go supporting.

In my opinion, either it should be No supporting classes at all, or, each class should have a couple of supporting spells.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Dudes, c'mon, aren't you happy that the supporting part is very small now ? Personally I am. I mean, when I played with friends, I just hated to see someone who is a 4-6 levels stronger then me, but I can kill him in a breeze, just because he chose to go supporting.

In my opinion, either it should be No supporting classes at all, or, each class should have a couple of supporting spells.

Amen to that:thup:

I think that you people missed one really obvious thing with the monk:
It's more of an assassin replacement with a tender touch of paladin;)

To be honest, would anyone be suprised if they have the last class being the same race Tyrael.

This guess comes from this:
If I have understood it correctly the worldstone was what prevented the "humans" from being powerfull, they have the capability of being greater than the demons and angels alike. And since that has been destroyed, they could be at the same "power-level", hence the angels could be a playable race:)

quraji

zap
Reaction score
I think you guys have been playing too much WoW and lost your D2 roots.

A healing class? Support class?

Healing = Leech + Pots (just lol at any pally with prayer or ...holy bolt :eek:)

And yes you can get an aura and shouts from pally/barb/druid but I'd hardly call them support classes. I suppose if you were to put skill points only into these things you could call yourself support...but that's just silly :p

*waits for someone to bring up their enchantress*

DM Cross

Reaction score
You really have no grounds to make that first statement, as I never played WoW :rolleyes:

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
You know... in a way, the barbarian has been in all three games... In Hellfire he was in the game, just not choose-able.

i see the warrior in d1 as the barbarian. + griswold was as big as a barbarian if that counts :p

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
i see the warrior in d1 as the barbarian. + griswold was as big as a barbarian if that counts :p

In Hellfire, if you edit the command.txt or what ever it was, you can play as two hidden characters, Bard and Barbarian.

Barbarian could use two handed weapons in 1 hard and bard could use two 1 handed weapons.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
The Monk can punch hes teammates in such a way, it heals them. Ya that would work...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.