The New Xbox Experience

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
yoga, you try to balance on a board.. omg.. aerobic exericse, you can run with some dog and if u "run to fast" u fall.. u can walk across a rope by "balancing"
Not to be a grammar nazi, but when I got to this point I sort of felt that your argument fell apart :p

everyone knows it.. thats like saying WoW is not most popular MMORPG
Got any figures?

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The Price – The Wii with a market price of $250 is the least expensive, while the Xbox 360 offers a lower-end model costing around $300 and a more expensive mainstream model at about $400. The difference of roughly $150 between both the Xbox 360 and Wii mainstream models is a large one and can be the catalyst that will determine what you will purchase. This can be the difference maker. Winner: Wii

The Processor – The Xbox 360 sports a powerfully quick 3.2 GHz PowerPC with three processor cores while the Nintendo Wii has a 729 MHz IBM Broadway processor. By simply taking a look at the difference in MHz, you can safely conclude that in terms of overall processor speed, the Microsoft Xbox is the more powerful unit. Winner: Xbox 360

The Video Graphics – The Nintendo Wii comes with an ATI Hollywood processor with a speed of 243 MHz, while the Xbox 360 comes with an ATI-based custom video graphics processor with a speed of 500 MHz. In terms of Video RAM, the Wii can use up to 24MB of system RAM, while the Xbox can use up to 512 megabytes of GDDR3 system RAM. In this case the Xbox is graphically superior. Winner: Xbox 360

Streaming Video – The Xbox 360 supports streaming video, streaming audio, and streaming photo slideshows while the Wii fails to support all three types of streaming. Winner: Xbox 360

The Controllers – Both the Wii and the Xbox 360 can hook up to four wireless controllers. The Xbox can also use wired controllers (via USB) while the Wii can use the wired controllers from its predecessor, the Nintendo GameCube. Winner: Xbox 360

The Overal Winner Is

These are just some of the more important deciding factors. While the Xbox 360 is superior to the Wii in power and speed, it is also costs around $150 more of your money.

So it means if you are cheap then buy a Wii.. if you are a true gamer.. buy an xbox..

Wii is for people who play once a week.. Xbox is for the gamer..

It's like buying a 300$ dell to play games. Just won't work!

Reaction score
You're speaking as it wasn't just your own personal opinion.

Everyone know that both Xbox 360 and PS3 are superior to Wii in speed and power. But with your logic, PS3 would be the overall winner. It isn't. Your logic fails there.

Wii 0, Xbox 1.

Maybe it's good that Nintendo used cheaper parts for their console. There is no need to play movies and listen music on a console, because we already have DVD-players, iPods and whatnot. Nintendo hit the right spot here, by using cheaper parts.

Wii 1, Xbox 1.

Define 'true gamer'. Wouldn't a 'true gamer' be someone who wants to try some new ways to play and enjoy games, rather than just sitting on a sofa, rotating joysticks and smashing buttons. Wii brought us new possibilities, while Xbox didn't.

Wii 2, Xbox 1.

Streaming Video – The Xbox 360 supports streaming video, streaming audio, and streaming photo slideshows while the Wii fails to support all three types of streaming.
Wii can stream photos. It has Photo Channel, FYI. And it can also play .mp3 and other audio types.

The Controllers – Both the Wii and the Xbox 360 can hook up to four wireless controllers. The Xbox can also use wired controllers (via USB) while the Wii can use the wired controllers from its predecessor, the Nintendo GameCube. [DEL]Winner: Xbox 36[/DEL]
Wow. What are they talking hereeee... Wii has sold so much just cause of the controller. Now now, this guy clearly didn't know about Wii's motion controls. Wii has Wiimote, Nunchuck and Balance Board. Xbox doesn't have.

Wii 3, Xbox 1.

I quit this off-topic now.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Oninuva, Wii fit is selling as fast and as much as the Wii console itself. It's a huge hit in Japan, and an even bigger hit here. There are lots of games for it that use the board now, not just WiiFit, though many people love WiiFit.

If it's not your cup of tea, doesn't mean it wasn't a hit. ;)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
The Overal Winner Is

These are just some of the more important deciding factors. While the Xbox 360 is superior to the Wii in power and speed, it is also costs around $150 more of your money.

So it means if you are cheap then buy a Wii.. if you are a true gamer.. buy an xbox..

Wii is for people who play once a week.. Xbox is for the gamer..

It's like buying a 300$ dell to play games. Just won't work!

While I will agree with Uber's statement of "define" a gamer, I won't try to push my impression of that definition on anyone. I will state, however, that you're being way too pushy with your opinion.

You're speaking as it wasn't just your own personal opinion.

Everyone know that both Xbox 360 and PS3 are superior to Wii in speed and power. But with your logic, PS3 would be the overall winner. It isn't. Your logic fails there.

Wii 0, Xbox 1.

Maybe it's good that Nintendo used cheaper parts for their console. There is no need to play movies and listen music on a console, because we already have DVD-players, iPods and whatnot. Nintendo hit the right spot here, by using cheaper parts.

Wii 1, Xbox 1.

Define 'true gamer'. Wouldn't a 'true gamer' be someone who wants to try some new ways to play and enjoy games, rather than just sitting on a sofa, rotating joysticks and smashing buttons. Wii brought us new possibilities, while Xbox didn't.

Wii 2, Xbox 1.

Wii can stream photos. It has Photo Channel, FYI. And it can also play .mp3 and other audio types.

Wow. What are they talking hereeee... Wii has sold so much just cause of the controller. Now now, this guy clearly didn't know about Wii's motion controls. Wii has Wiimote, Nunchuck and Balance Board. Xbox doesn't have.

Wii 3, Xbox 1.

I quit this off-topic now.

Your opening statement is that what On said is his opinion, and you only fool yourself into thinking you're not pushing your own opinion into the argument later on. You say "define a gamer" and then proceed to state an opinionated view of a gamer, but it's YOUR opinion.

I fail to see the productive-ness in going against your own opening statement.

In short, you're both wrong because you're both being waaay too opinionated. The long and the short of it is some people like column a, some people like column b, and some people like either both or neither. Get over arguing what's better than what because what's better for you may not be better for me and what's better for me may not be better for some other person.

I've spoken :)

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
First of all, I'd like to say the ITG2 is the best physical-activity game ever. WE all know it. Only problem is that they got bought out. :(

Console Only (everyone know's that computer > all ;) )
1) Game Selection
IMO Xbox probably has the best selection right now. Not only does it have fun games, but has many games also released for PC. The good online play capabilities also make it a great system for multilayer, though personally I don't like playing with a bunch of 12 year olds swearing incessantly. Yes I know it's a stereotype but we all know it's somewhat true.

Wii has some great games, mostly because they're franchises. Zelda is a franchise, Smash Bros. is a franchise, Mario etc. They haven't had any great original new games/series come out for Nintendo systems for a while. The newest Smash Bros. isn't even considered that good due to the issues with high-level game play that would have made the game deep. Most of the games are geared towards younger audiences (which is great for introducing young kids into the wide world of games) as well as casual players (who make up a majority of the market). While it's good for these people, it is lacking for anyone looking for 'serious' gameplay or even pro-gamers. There is no incentive for dwelling deep into game mechanics to get an advantage against an opponent.

PS3 has a great lineup coming out. It has some great RPGs coming out, is getting all the best fighting games (Playstation is the main fighting game system) and has great graphics. However, they have a poor marketing campaign, and their system is REALLY EXPENSIVE! However, it is also the only system (and really high-definition player) that can play blu-ray discs. As more and more Blu-ray dvds and games come out, the PS3 will be able to keep delivering while other systems will have to upgrade.

2) Multifunction
Wii is only a game system. It's online support is pretty shoddy and it doesn't offer exclusive online content. You need to hack the Wii for it to play Dvds.

Xbox is much better, as it has good connectivity, online features, and arcade modes online. It is also great for connecting with friends on the web. However, all these features are really expensive, and are commonly offered on a PC game for free or in patches. Can be modded to run windows

PS3 is really variable, though it does have decent online functionality and doesn't totally suck like the Wii. Also is the only system or player that can play Blu-Ray. Can run linnux and windows (though windows is hella slow)

3) Controller adapting.
Xbox's controllers suck. We all know this, though they're getting a bit better.

Wii keeps the Nintendo tradition of changing the controllers on you all the time. While you can use old GC controllers, I never got used to them either.

PS3 controllers are the same as ps1 and ps2, so the switch is really easy. Also, PS2/3 is most commonly used for arcade sticks and other peripherals (dance pads etc.)

4) Functionality
Ps3 and Wii have very few errors in them. Xbox is still well-known for their RED RINGS and hd lockups.

5) Technology
PS3 wins pretty much hands down. The drawback is that it's really expensive. The good news is that the system will last longer than the other two since it has newer tech. It also can play Blu-Rays

6) PC
PC's win :D

Oninuva

Reaction score
Okay uberplayer you can play on your 300$ mario dell computer..

Lord Pheonix has good points because.. of GAME SELECTION. Wii has almost no game selection besides the games created by Nintendo themselves, 3rd party developers are not making Wii games because they make no money! 30$ games??

Second is Online Capabilties.. we are in 2008.. we don't play games single player anymore.. online is the way to go! Unless of course you have few friends so they just play "sports" on the t.v. with you..

Control Adapting o_O wtf is that lol

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Okay uberplayer you can play on your 300$ mario dell computer..

Lord Pheonix has good points because.. of GAME SELECTION. Wii has almost no game selection besides the games created by Nintendo themselves, 3rd party developers are not making Wii games because they make no money! 30$ games??

Second is Online Capabilties.. we are in 2008.. we don't play games single player anymore.. online is the way to go! Unless of course you have few friends so they just play "sports" on the t.v. with you..

Control Adapting o_O wtf is that lol

I take offense to this. I actually like my single-player video games, thank you very much. You'll do well to realize your way of playing is not "the" way of playing :)

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
>>We are in 2008.. we don't play games single player anymore.. online is the way to go!

The very second that online play becomes supirior to single player, thats the day I quit video games.

I love my RPGs and Adventures and Hote most Shooters for that very reason.

You seem the be stating your opinion as facts.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
>>We are in 2008.. we don't play games single player anymore.. online is the way to go!

The very second that online play becomes supirior to single player, thats the day I quit video games.

I love my RPGs and Adventures and Hote most Shooters for that very reason.

You seem the be stating your opinion as facts.
I enjoy my Bioshock and Jazz Jackrabbit and FF as much as the next person, but I also enjoy competative play.

I spent a huge amount of time playing War3 online BECAUSE of it's online play and it's other maps, not because it had great graphics or anything.

Some games (such as fighting games, RTS, and FPS) have tournament play as the height of it's style. Playing online is a good way to practice this and also be able to play other high-level players that live in other places such as Japan and Korea.

@ Oninuva

What I meant about control adapting was how easy it was to switch between systems and their various controllers. For example, the wii has like 6 differenct controllers you use for various games, while playstation systems have the same style controler every generation.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I play online plenty, but I always prioritise the single player experience. And if a game includes online multiplayer without offline multiplayer (unless it's a PC game) then it is seriously lacking.

Xbox has some good games but the PS3 has its fair share too. The main problem I have with the Wii is the fact that almost all the games are just a mash-up of various franchises.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I enjoy the new xbox experience, but it's so much like the Wii..... I just really like that kindom for kieflings game!

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
here's my $.50 for those who dont have wii or xbox implanted into their being and might actually read this before posting (insert system here) is better then (insert other system here) because of (insert bs here)

Controllers:
Wii controllers are kinda fun to play with because of their motion detection, however it is pretty cheap and buggy, and a pain to use with the like rubber holder and the wrist strap. good for non-competitive games for people who honestly don't care how good they are or if they win or lose, as opposed to the xbox controllers that actually have a much better control. (i tried aiming with both in COD 3 - Xbox is defiantly the winner here), and a few more things to note: the wii controllers are just bad at some games like brawl, where their lack of buttons and thumb pads makes it necessary to revert to the n64 controllers. Wii controllers are also bluetooth and can be used as input for a computer (no motion sensors though, only the buttons).
Games:
Wii lacks (good) non-Nintendo games, Xbox has better games.
Exercise: it isnt a replacement for other forms of exercise, and anyone telling you otherwise has been brainwashed by the Nintendo marketing team (look here, a nice example of where Wii exercise is not the solution for people lacking normal exercise)
hardware: xbox wins hands down, however this is to be expected because of the price (no the wii does not support HD)
internet: use a computer, the wii browser is pathetic and the xbox lacking one does not matter at all...
other: wii could be hacked with the zelda game (an update fixed it...), xbox hacking requires.. significantly more effort
media: xbox wins, the wii cant even play dvd's without being hacked
internet: wii online has a lot of catching-up to do but may become as good as the xbox's, however it's still a long way from there

overall: the wii may have a few fun things about it, but those go away fast, since there are better things for all of those (exercise: real exercise, internet: a computer or even an ipod touch, gaming: PC or other console, the wii was not made for serious gaming, and that is why it's the cheapest console), so id say the xbox is better for anyone who actually games

and with the PS3, blue-ray is not something that actually matters, it is uncompressed video that takes up a ridiculous amount of space (60gb for 1 movie ish?) that could easily be compressed (without loss of quality) to around 10-12 gb, or to 9 GB with some minor quality loss (only for those who actually have an 1080p HDTV or a WUXGA computer display).. so sure if you have the money and buy the best of everything, in this case the most expensive is the best.. but why not just buy a PC with that money is something beyond me..

Reaction score
> read this before posting (insert system here) is better then (insert other system here) because of (insert bs here)
The post was exactly what you said here lol. Let me guess, you have Xbox :p..

Seb!

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a rational discussion about the positives and negatives of certain systems, if there is such a thing. It's mostly based in opinion, anyway. It usually goes:

Person 1: Yay! I like the system that I play the most. I'll back it up with ridiculous statements like "It has a better selection of games".

Person 2: Yay! I play a certain type of game. Everyone like this and only this type. I know this because I am a licensed research scientist with access to the hearts and minds of every one on earth. Not.

Person 3: Yay! All the systems have their pro's and con's, and they all have a loyal fan base and many crossover players. It's crazy to try and compare them, because we will all just end up fighting a battle that will not change anyone's minds. *Cue massive amounts of negative rep*

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Honestly. PC beats everything. It's got the best of everything. Awesome online, awesome games, and a ton of functions other than gaming.

Now that that's out of the way, each of the consoles have their advantages. The Xbox is best for online play. It also has the best exlusives. The Wii is good for family play and for people who just want to relax once in a while. The PS3 is the most powerful console and the best entertainment center, but has terrible online play. That might change, though. It all depends on what kind of a gamer you are.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.