Discussion The NUON Controller Polyface chip thread

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I sent in Request for Quotes on the NUON Polyface chip references I found but I noticed that one of the sources had reduced stock of at least 150. I am removing all links on this site to the sources except for this thread. I just want to watch what the interest is on these specific links here or interest in this.

Source 1
Source Gone

Shows over 6K Stock on all referenced chips but then tries to get you to sign up and so far I have not a confirmation email.

Source 2

This is the source that went down by 150 since my last check. This one looks like it has 200 Aries 3 chips in stock too :) Still have not received any email confirmation on this either.

Both of these links are probably in China. Whatever. I am going to get to the bottom of this and this thread is for that.

Last edited:

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I still have not received any kind of replies to either of my RFQs

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is kind of a related thread to this

here is the active thread on this other thing

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got a reply to my RFQ from Jotrin Electronics

High appreciate your RFQ.
This is Miki Du from Jotrin Electronics Limited.
we are sincerely sorry that this part VMLABS is unavailable from us now, I hope we can do next order.
We Focus on ICs,diodes,transistor,resistor,capacitor,IGBT module, crystal oscillator,relay and all kinds of electronic component.

:(

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I just submitted two more RFQs on NUON Polyface chips. The DVDSpares login passed through and so the last of the sources is being asked.

Jotrin is out at this point. This is DVDSpares now...

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i tried to put in a request on one of these sites one time and never heard anything back at all

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah they both replied that they do not have anything.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is still opened but I am un-sticking it as none of the sites have any of these in stock they are just putting BS out there.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I still get emails from these sources trying to sell me other chips :)

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Did anyone find out anything new on this Polyface Chip in the NUON controller when we got the controller adaptors from songbird and others? I know there were significant resources put into figuring out how to emulate a NUON controller did anybody who was in on that see anything that could help us upload stuff through it? Right now we have to test all homebrew using an emulator or the DVD method - Dragonshadow said it might be possible to use that as a debug or test interface. Anybody up to this challenge? :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.