The Official "Post Your Room/Desk" Thread!

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
OK, so this is the official (derp) "Post Your Room/Desk" thread - feel free to discuss other people's awesome rooms/desks as well as posting pictures of your own!
Let the picture-stream begin!

Descriptions on what items are what is nice, too.

PS: I'll post mine tomorrow, I have some new cool stuff coming in :)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I'll post my before/after with my new speakers system :3

They're supposed to arrive on Tuesday.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Before:

After:

I just noticed you can kind of see the mess under my table. Although it's even worse than it looks.

The first picture was taken like 1 AM when I was studying for a final math test.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
My room is, for lack of a better phrase, a bit of a tip. There are half-assembled Lego models scattered around, books and DVDs in untidy piles, a drum kit taking up half the space (that isn't mine) and it also happens to be a loft room. So there is not much space to stand.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
My room is, for lack of a better phrase, a bit of a tip. There are half-assembled Lego models scattered around, books and DVDs in untidy piles, a drum kit taking up half the space (that isn't mine) and it also happens to be a loft room. So there is not much space to stand.

Gogo pic!

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Picture 1: Poster wall
Picture 2: My desk(s) and computers, pretty messy at the moment.

img0117kd.jpg

img0118ps.jpg

Key features:
  • Blue paint
  • Longdog
  • Pinecone
  • Hot chick posters
  • 42" 1080p TV for Video Games, I don't really watch TV
  • My desk, and my "server desk"
  • Badass stuffed animals
  • Cannabis cultivating technology
  • Minifridge with vodka, beer, and hot pockets
  • The heavy aroma of weed

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Rubik's cube spotted in DDR's room! I want a minifridge too.
I may post a pic of my massive desk someday.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
The Rubik's cube is unsolved too :(

DDR, I demand video chat so we can solve your Rubik's cube...

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Rubik's cube spotted in DDR's room! I want a minifridge too.
I may post a pic of my massive desk someday.

That minifridge is one of my best purcheses, no lies. I can not tell you how nice it is to have drinks nearby, and to be able to buy and keep stuff to myself. :D
You can be watching a flick and pop out some sodas. Cool stuff :thup:

I also store my munchies in there. Nom nom nom :3

The Rubik's cube is unsolved too :(

DDR, I demand video chat so we can solve your Rubik's cube...

I used to be really into them and could solve them pretty fast, but I haven't in a few years, and don't remember it.

You guys are weird, inspecting his room...

You people have such clean rooms.

Well my "room" is more of my rec-room. I sleep on the computer room couch every night, and my friend who lives with us sleeps on our living room couch. Then we use my "room" as chill pad, we play Minecraft and Xbox and shit. :)
This is a pretty unconventional household. My dad works for the railroad and is gone for 3 days and home for 8 hours, on repeat. My mom and me never sleep, I'm up until 3 or so most nights and her even longer. My friend I've known since 4th grade lives with us, and there is almost always someone over visiting, be it one of my friends, my sisters, or a family. They just kinda show up and eat our food and swim. My living room consists of a couch, a DDR 8th Mix EXTREME arcade machine, a Joust arcade cabinet, a jukebox, and a sitdown Pacman and a sitdown Galaga. Not really many cool pictures or decorations, but we have hella cool electronic stuff :D

How I manage to keep it even this clean I don't know, there is tons of traffic in and out of my room all day. haha

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Never knew that DDRtists digs Eastern art. :thup:

I couldn't help but notice there's an object in your first picture, next to the green trash bins. Why would you turn an empty green glass bottle upside down, placed it into a big empty jar? :confused:

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Key features:
  • Blue paint
  • Longdog
  • Pinecone
  • Hot chick posters
  • 42" 1080p TV for Video Games, I don't really watch TV
  • My desk, and my "server desk"
  • Badass stuffed animals
  • Cannabis cultivating technology
  • Minifridge with vodka, beer, and hot pockets
  • The heavy aroma of weed

upon further creeping i can see a cocktails for dummies (i think) and a very nice hooka (although the one my brother has is nicer, he got it brought over from israel when my aunt came to visit) as well. also, man that mini fridge. im hella jelly.

@tom_mai, a very rough guesstimate (correct me if im wrong DDR) im going to have to go with a homemade b? if i am right then it looks very ghetto to say the least.
OR or or or it could just be 2 jugs stacked ontop of each other.

My setup is actually pretty cool if i may say so myself, il post a pic in about an hour, just before i go to sleep, cuz its still dark atm and the pic would be too hard to see.
i actually think my room would be completely perfect if i got myself a minifridge. but alas, too lazy to get a job and my parents wouldn't buy it for me. let alone they don't let me eat or drink anything upstairs.

EDIT: actually, i lied. its thunderstorming out so the clouds r blocking the light, and i cant find my transfer cable. sometime tomorrow (today?)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
As promised, here are pictures of my room:
RcvD6.jpg
Entrance to my room
Features:
  • Fucking annoying electric drumset
  • Crutches from my "broken leg"-era
  • Yoga thing
  • TV and shit

9ibcZ.jpg
My desk
Features:
  • Computer (!)
  • Printer
  • Headset
  • Keyboard, mouse, speakers
  • MPD32 (Drumpad)
  • Pigs

VgBEp.jpg
My bed
Features:
  • Bed
  • Pillows
  • Books
  • Part of computer (!)
  • Pigs

DlWiz.jpg
My "studio"
Features:
  • Part of computer (!)
  • MPD32 (Drumpad, the big black thing with buttons, I use it for live mixing)
  • Speakers
  • Zune
  • Cables

ENudF.jpg
My computer
Features:
  • Computer (!)
  • Zune Software
  • Pretty Lights music!
  • Change Is Gonna Come is the song
  • Filling Up The City Skies (Disc 1) is the album
  • Speaker
  • No pigs

Disco pogo! (Skip to 1:30)
[youtube]FWsQQgbKkjc[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWsQQgbKkjc

derpherp

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Never knew that DDRtists digs Eastern art. :thup:

I couldn't help but notice there's an object in your first picture, next to the green trash bins. Why would you turn an empty green glass bottle upside down, placed it into a big empty jar? :confused:

I like most forms of artwork. I don't know names of artists or anything, but I do enjoy looking at artwork and art exhibits. :)

upon further creeping i can see a cocktails for dummies (i think) and a very nice hooka (although the one my brother has is nicer, he got it brought over from israel when my aunt came to visit) as well. also, man that mini fridge. im hella jelly.

@tom_mai, a very rough guesstimate (correct me if im wrong DDR) im going to have to go with a homemade b? if i am right then it looks very ghetto to say the least.
OR or or or it could just be 2 jugs stacked ontop of each other.

My setup is actually pretty cool if i may say so myself, il post a pic in about an hour, just before i go to sleep, cuz its still dark atm and the pic would be too hard to see.
i actually think my room would be completely perfect if i got myself a minifridge. but alas, too lazy to get a job and my parents wouldn't buy it for me. let alone they don't let me eat or drink anything upstairs.

EDIT: actually, i lied. its thunderstorming out so the clouds r blocking the light, and i cant find my transfer cable. sometime tomorrow (today?)

And you sir are right, it is a homemade bong. Those pill bottles are also all "Medical Cannabis" containers, I'm not poppin' perscription pills or anything. Lol
They give you a cool little container for each strain you buy when you go in, and I go in there almost every day, so I have quite a collection. I had a house built out of them, but I brokeded it :(

But yeah, I bought that hookah back before I did drugs and stuff, so I didn't really know much about that kind of stuff at the time. It was just a spur of the moment, a friend said something about them kind of thing. If I was to buy a new one, I definitely wouldn't buy the same one over again. Lol :p

Vellu

Reaction score
Here's my desk as promised. It takes about 1/4 or 1/3 of the room's size. My room is not too big, but it's fine.:thup:
deskc.jpg

Vellu

Reaction score
Yes, my Rubik's cube exploded a few months back. I haven't bought a new one yet. :(

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
:|

When I post mine today, I'll show off my Rubik's collection (and just how nerdy I am).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.