The Official SCII Chit-chat Thread

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
This is a place where you can share all the small things about you and SCII (both melee and mapping) which are not big enough for a thread.

For example: Has anyone else noticed that on EU most players are fucking pissed about something ? I mean, literally 9/10 wins of mine, my opponent bm's me and then rage quits. Fun times xD still, too bad we can't get along, I mean, both of us like SCII...

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Everybody finds their race underpowered.
Except T. Nobody can deny how ridiculous mules are. :p

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
For example: Has anyone else noticed that on EU most players are fucking pissed about something ? I mean, literally 9/10 wins of mine, my opponent bm's me and then rage quits. Fun times xD still, too bad we can't get along, I mean, both of us like SCII...

Protoss and Terran are OP. That's what I'm pissed about.

I'm just kidding of course, we all know the critters are the most underpowered race. God, I hate when I play random and the game gives me 6 ursadaks.

Also, Cruiser command test today. It went good and we found a lots of bugs. Thanks to Bloodcount and Monsterous for helping us test now I have to fix bugs :(

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
all the more reason to play random - that way my opponent's cant complain too much, although even so, they can always switch their race if they want to.. or look at the % win stats of each race vs race and see that they are mostly balanced..

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
all the more reason to play random - that way my opponent's cant complain too much, although even so, they can always switch their race if they want to.. or look at the % win stats of each race vs race and see that they are mostly balanced..

You say that, but I have a friend who broacast his hate of random: "Random should be removed from ladder!" I think were his exact words :p

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks to the way that all ins work in SCII and the way that 90% of the players think, when you see random in ladder 90% of the time it is an all in : D

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
we should have funday mondays like day 9, someone should post a theme and we can all share our results.

dw i have a bronze acc on NA, best times of my life there :)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
we should have funday mondays like day 9, someone should post a theme and we can all share our results.

dw i have a bronze acc on NA, best times of my life there :)

That's an awesome idea. I think we should definitely try this.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
on it, after Xmas ofc. ^___________^

Time to chillax. Gonna play some custom maps.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
is it just me or is it impossible to make it out of bronze/silver league? last season i maintained rank 4 in bronze frequently beating silver league players (sometimes gold in custom) and i did my placement match, beat a top 8 silver league in < 15 mins, and got 46 in bronze...
the eff?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
is it just me or is it impossible to make it out of bronze/silver league? last season i maintained rank 4 in bronze frequently beating silver league players (sometimes gold in custom) and i did my placement match, beat a top 8 silver league in < 15 mins, and got 46 in bronze...
the eff?

It's not impossible at all, I did it. I always got promoted during a season and not in placement though, apart from in 2s with my friend (Plat -> Diamond). I was also always rank 1 when I got promoted with a good win loss ratio, but if it placed you against top silver it will mean that your MMR is almost high enough for promotion and if you just keep winning you will get it very soon. The "46th in the league" doesn't mean anything with placement.

I'm pretty sure that placement matches just work like a normal match and it just decides on your league placement based on the MMR which you have gained over the lock period.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Changing the subject to mapping.

I've been testing cruiser command a lot recently with other people. We found a lot of bugs. A LOT of bugs. I guess that was to be expected though. However, I feel I don't have time to keep updating with new features if I have to fix the bugs as well. Oh well, some of them aren't that important yet.

There's a lot of bugs that I have know idea how/why they happen so the only thing I can do is add some good debug messages and wait for people to reproduce the bug(since almost none of the bugs are reproducible in single player.

For example, Bloodcount completely broke my hangar system somehow and it hasn't happened again in like 5 games. The WithdrawItem trigger sometimes gives an error, complaining that it got "0" as a parameter as to which unit to create. However, all units are still created. This might be due to spam though.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
have you ever played a game where your 2v2 partner (random ones) complained that you being a terran not moving because you have to defend both his and your base and starts attacking your units... people these days.

GFreak45

Reaction score
i had someone kill 3 of my expos because they "want them" when they already had 2 expos and i had run out of farm in my original expo :/

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
There are some pretty bad people in SCII... the main reason why I stopped playing team games.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Some of the Data Editor limitations are starting to give me the shits. Did you know that upgrades can't affect every property? For example it can't modify the Search Filters for a damage effect. Now I have to come up with some complicated work around just to get it working correctly. So irritating...

GFreak45

Reaction score
oh god you must have never tried to make usefull upgrades in wc3... limited to actual unit stats and ability levels/availablility

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
This is different though, the functionality is there to do it via a simple method, it just won't allow you to do it for some unknown reason.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.