The Official Writer's Corner Chit-Chat Thread

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
I think you're both wrong, arbitrarily.
That's the beauty of the internet; it allows people from all over the world to share their ideas :p

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Sorry to keep bumping an old thread, I hope I'm not breaking any rules, but I thought I'd share another resource I've found useful.

http://grammar-monster.com/

it's been great for me, especially considering English is my 2nd language.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this, for you've solved the problem that has plagued me since middle school that none of my teachers were able to properly explain to me: when to use 'who', and when to use 'whom'. Rules are as follows:

'Who' is the subject of a verb.
'Whom' is never the subject of a verb.

If anyone is curious and that doesn't adequately explain it to them, check the site out - it's easily navigable and effective.

Thanks for sharing, C-Death.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this, for you've solved the problem that has plagued me since middle school that none of my teachers were able to properly explain to me: when to use 'who', and when to use 'whom'. Rules are as follows:

'Who' is the subject of a verb.
'Whom' is never the subject of a verb.

If anyone is curious and that doesn't adequately explain it to them, check the site out - it's easily navigable and effective.

Thanks for sharing, C-Death.

Not a problem friend, that's why I posted it :D

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Sorry to keep bumping an old thread, I hope I'm not breaking any rules, but I thought I'd share another resource I've found useful.

Any time additional information is presented tha can be of use to others, I do not mind thread necromancy. Meanless "This is great" type comments, however, won't be well responded to...

So you're good :)

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Any time additional information is presented tha can be of use to others, I do not mind thread necromancy. Meanless "This is great" type comments, however, won't be well responded to...

So you're good :)
Thread Necromancy.
You have made my day.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I wrote an informal thank you note recently, and I used "whom" incorrectly. I cringed when I realized it a minute later, but I had already sent the note.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
I wrote an informal thank you note recently, and I used "whom" incorrectly. I cringed when I realized it a minute later, but I had already sent the note.

It was too late :(

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Sorry about the constant bumps, but hey, let's try to clear some dust off of this corner of the forums :p

Another great resource I've found is This website full of myths and legends from all over the world.

myths and legends are great because usually they're free of copyright, and a writers mind can do quite a bit with myths and legends. Happy writing.

WARNING: the site I linked has quite a few ads, they don't obstruct the usability of the site, they can just be a little eye sore :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.