Arena The Pandaren Clicker

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Don't have wc with me atm, but can we rotate regions? because the arena is a square turned 45 degrees (diamond with 4 equal sides, if you like)
And even if that's possible, what we really want is the 'inverted' version of that region so it will covers everything but not the arena itself

nevertheless, it would be safe to include that, and also stopping the unit from casting an ability targeting a point outside of the arena:

Trigger:
  • Events
    • A unit casted an ability targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • (Targeted point) is in region Outside<gen> Equal to true
    • Actions
      • Unit - Stop (triggering unit) from casting the ability
      • Game - Display to (owner of (triggering unit)) the text: You cannot go out of bound!

and
Trigger:
  • Events
    • A unit issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • (Targeted point) is in region Outside<gen> Equal to true
    • Actions
      • Unit - Stop (triggering unit) instantly
      • Game - Display to (owner of (triggering unit)) the text: You cannot move out of bound!

and I was thinking (if the above 2 triggers work) to also use yours as a safety precaution, since the above two should stops the unit from moving outside, if the player managed to find a way out somehow after all that, then:

Trigger:
  • Events
    • A unit enter region Outside<gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - instantly move (triggering unit) to (center of (entire map))
      • Camera - move camera, blah blah blah
      • Game - Display text ...

Dont know, but I just found moving the unit not very 'neat' in a map =3=, so I would prefer stopping the unit from moving outside

Another way is maybe to make the action counts on the condition that the unit is in [the entire map] but not in the [arena] IF we can rotated regions to cover the arena, that is. Or just simply,
Trigger:
  • Events
    • A unit leaves region
    • Conditions
      • Region = to arena<gen>

===== Edition 1

What would make the region possible (if rotation is not possible) is having a square arena, so I think another way out is to just remodeled the whole map and just lock each player's camera to 45 degrees instead so in terms of game-play, it would still be the same

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Regions are un-turnable, but you can make the outside terrain different and trigger it.

Variables
TempGroup = Unit Group
TempPoint = Point

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Terrain type at TempPoint) Equal to Terrain
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Interestingg:),

will see what I can do with detecting terrain check when I come to triggering it :D
I am not very experienced in using custom scripts and calling 'remove' yet, but I am starting to get myself using it :p

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
I still don't get customscripts :p . Anyways new forum is pretty.. Well, I'm not used to it D:

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
same here,
thing is [_spoiler][/sp oiler] and some other bb codes like [_wc3][/wc3] don't seems to work anymore :(

Is there a way to fix this?

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
:( it's not shrinkable and expandable like spoiler tag then, that's what makes things a lot easier to navigate since the whole thread can be shrink according to sections

what I like about /wc3 is the format, it just make me feels sooo.., trigger-ish?
I just like the feel of it, would be a shame if it's gone forever :eek:

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Events

Lemme test.
Edit. Meh, its a bullet -.-, anyways tell me when latest is released

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I've been procrastinating my work for a while now, let me really get things done this week and maybe I can continue working on the map afterward :)

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Version 2.0 Update (incomplete)
So far:
• More efficient triggers :thup:
• Exotic tooltips :D
• Added Mana, Blink, and Stomp ups
• Reduced max. level for all ups from 28 to 15
• From above point, rescaled all ups accordingly
• Reduced initial Hp regeneration from 1 to 0.2

What's left:
• WW ups
• Ghost-ride and Hades' Hand (items)
• Balancing

Compilation of Ideas for (far-)Future Updates
Not including ones I've already put up in my first post
Also note that some of these updates may not be implemented and that the list are not necessarily all the updates to be implemented

• Totem-family items
Mechanic: ward with auras​
• Heroes
Adjustments: model? If there will be a lot of heroes to add, then it will be harder to keep them all Pandaren-themed. So I might consider changing the name back to its original (The Click)
The differences in size will be a feature of each hero as an effort to balance them all won't do justice to some models
Specialty: specialty creates a corresponding specialized ups, for example, if a hero have Specialty: Evasion, instead of finding "Evasion Level 1" in the General Ups, he'll have "Specialized Evasion Level 1" there instead. Ofc, specialized ups will be better than their normal counter-parts ;)
Innate Ability: apart from Specialty, a hero will also have an Innate Ability which also come with innate inability (but i'll just call it "Inability")
Innate abilities basically give heroes a wide range of variation, they can be passive or active, here's Innate abilities I've came up with so far:
Immortal - 0 cooldown reincarnation (please consider the difference in game-play of this map and others that you are familiar of before commenting on why I've chosen reincarnation to have 0 cooldown, ofc, this map doesn't have the same ability standards as DotA, for example. Then again, these values are very likely to be readjusted later on upon testings)
Unit with Immortal have an Inability to research Hp regen ups
Sage - All actives cooldown are halved
Unit with Sage have no inability
Undead - innate evasion with percentage proportional to hp lost, basically the lower the hp, the harder to kill :p
Unit with Undead have the inabilities to research evasion, hp regen, and healing click ups
Night Vision - further bonus sight radius at night-time
Unit with Night Vision have no inability​
Item Slots - I am planning to reduce item slots to 4 (since all items will be mainly charges with special abilities, so having 6 extra abilities to use may be too much) but the main reason to do so is because I just wanted to make Innate Abilities and Specialties in a form of items and place them in the last 2 slot, not pawnable, not switchable, and useable, if the Innate Ability is active, and have cooldown, etc.​
• "Runes"
Picking this up will trigger random(?) events:
Sight Blocker - change the current set-up of sight blockers around the map instantly after picking up
• Duel system
Just for fun :)
• Collaborative boss fights!

That's it for now, I'll just do a little bit of fun testings with my friends and get back to work :p

v2.0 (incomplete) attached

Attachments

• The Pandaren Clicker 2.0.w3x
    130.7 KB · Views: 288

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Testing too :D

In the loading screen it should say 2 items ARE not is.

Fix Alkors Ward description and change it to Alkors not Sentry.

Move the upgrades, its kinda hard to tell whos is whos unless you mass click or click randomly, space them out or put near bases.

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Thanks :) Let me know if there's any changes I should make or any balancing suggestions, then I'll see what I can do for the next version :D

For the time being, I've just quickly finished up the rest of the upgrades that were supposedly planned for v2.0, but nevermind the numbers, I'll just use v2.1 :p,

here's v2.1:
• Greatly improve Blink (v2.0's initial max range of 300 was pathetic =.=)
• Added boundaries to all the unused area (stoping blinking outside the arena)
• Changed cost of some ups
• Added Hp Regen, Mana Regen (both give bonus as a fixed value) and Wind Walk Ups

next version:
• More balancing if need be
• Ghost-ride and Hades' Hand
• Haven't tested yet but might improve Alkor's Ward to make fighting ww a little easier

things to keep in mind:
• Implementation of Click Ups (triggers? (will have to revisit Click War for this :p), overlapping effects?, interaction with evasion?)
• Jump Ups (played around a little bit with simple "set flying height" function, not really smooth, but will see if I can put quadratic equation in somehow to account for gravitational acceleration)
-> Enable vision over sight blockers while jumping (currently planning to have a specific Jump Ups Level only gives a percentage of sight radius over sight blockers when jumping (else, a jumping, fully upped sight radius hero will have vision over too huge an area)
-> Retain issued commands before jump, and allow issuing of new commands while jumping
-> "set flying height" from testing without pausing allow the above point (issuing new commands) and the use of other Actives (eg. atm, can blink, stomp, ww while jumping)
• New items​

====1st Edition

oops:s forgot to add attachment

here it is: v2.1

=====2nd Edition

fixing :D

Attachments

• The Pandaren Clicker 2.1.w3x
    134.6 KB · Views: 302

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Well, make some kind of income thing, not adding points like a checkpoint.

Make stomp add damage, its useless as stunned enemies can still click you.

Add sentry wards perm near your bases, as someone easily wind walk camps you.

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
"adding points like a checkpoint." ?

I don't really get that part

As for stun, I've already added another condition in the damage trigger that the hero must not be stunned to click --> so stunned unit actually can't click :) unless you did a multiplayer test and stunned player can still clicks, then the trigger must've not worked, but anyway, will consider revising Stomp ;)

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
The checkpoint would be like in the middle, you touch it you get the owner giving you 1 gold per second, not giving points so it isn't rigged but so you could get more gold. The owner gets all points lost then add one because of the income, if lost it turns into other property etc.

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
whaaa??:eek::eek: I have no clue what you are talking about =0=

Ok wait, is this like idea for new system? an income system?

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Ok wait, not sure if I've got this correctly here, but from what I understand, there's like

a "check point" at the center of the map and
I get the owner of the check point giving me one gold per second? (and this gold doesn't count towards points) so this part is basically
Player - Add 1 gold to (triggering player)'s property ?​

lol is it just me today? sorry I was staying up all night writing a certain essay (but looking through TH for the majority of the time) and maybe I am just not getting it,

I can't link ---> [Center "checkpoint" --> giving gold ] <--- income system?
to [ "people don't have to wait for respawning"] <--- this is refering to the 7 second hero revival time right?

coming, finding?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.