Gaming The poor Intellivision Amico guys - Tragedy is looming for them

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not an Intellivision Amico hater but I heard some rumors and they are not good for the Intellivision Amico. Possibly might not come out. Out of money. I understand. I saw it with the NUON. At least they have some proto units out so it will not be as obscure as the Konix Multisystem. Yeah, I went there :) Atari at least fulfilled there promise even in the midst of the chip shortage. Of course they have not had to restock that much and maybe Amico is really not shipping because of chip shortage but whatever. They have no hard date still and the word is they are done, Son.

Remember, check the date of this post, you heard it here first!

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I move this to the NUON forum because I see a big comparison to the platforms here. At least the NUON had a release, I don't think the Amico will get one but I have been trying to stress to them the importance of getting the Authentication, or whatever they need for those digital downloads in someone's hands so it is not lost like it was for the Jaguar all those years and the situation we are in with the NUON. I watched VM Labs totally collapse in front of my eyes and I see it again with the Amico. It is hard to talk to the Intellivision Amico people though because they think I am attacking them by calling their console dead, and maybe I am trolling them but lets be real. In 20 years is there going to be an Amico forum, only time will tell...

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh my. The whole Amico group on Facebook just got abandoned by the Admins and apparently they just opened it up. It looks like there is an acceleration on this demise the Intelllivision PR department, I guess that is Tommy, is too busy to be everywhere. Amico is going down I hope they can get whatever they need to be able to download the games that are already there since the hardware exists and is Android like and can probably be easily emulated. Hopefully they get what they need to make new games and such too it is so sad to see a game company go down like this have not seen it first hand since the NUON really.

mattymayatt

Reaction score
Although the outlook looks a bit dodgy for the Amico there's still hope.
Systems are complete and there are at least 15 games ready to go.
There should be some word on a release date by the end of the month , if this doesn't materialise then the Amico guys should start worrying.
I should think it will probably get a release but whether the amico sticks around is another thing altogether.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
It is the same thing as the NUON they just do not have a product to pay the people that make the product. Unfortunately the company is top heavy people get paid alot of money to keep them on and when you do not have a product or even if you do and it is not selling you run out of money. That is why I posted this in this forum. Same thing happened with NUON. Luckily, the last guy standing kinda left us the keys. That is why I am telling them to make sure you get the keys before it shuts down. These guys should be really aware of the situation there console is online only and without the server to download games they will never get shit.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Some pretty good info here about this - alot of stuff I did not know especially the one where they took a loan where they have to pay a 100 hundred bucks for every console they sell back to the lender.

Last edited:

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Intellivision Amico: No More Refunds?

Last edited:

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Intellivision has confirmed it’s been taking drastic measures to keep its troubled Amico console alive.

In an email sent to those who have pre-ordered the console directly from Intellivision, CEO Phil Adam lists a number of steps the company is taking in an attempt to reach the finish line and launch the system.

Most notably, Adam notes: “We have dramatically reined in operating costs, which unfortunately required a significant reduction in staff.

“Our resources are focused on engineering and testing to ensure we have a quality system, as we cannot succeed by producing anything less.”

Adam also states that Intellivision is licensing out its legacy IP to developers who want to release games on other platforms, claiming such licensing deals “will help fund [the] continued development of Amico”.

------------------------------
This thing as originally planned and promised is dead. Something might come out of this but I firmly believe it will be a different type of product. The fact that they are just now downsizing is crazy they have been doing nothing for literally years now. Really, how many people does it take to do absolutely nothing except for releasing unboxing videos of something that is not even ready?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score

Madlittlepixel talks about the latest news with Intellivision laying off staff and not able to issue refunds.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Today we are going to talk about the lies and millions of dollars stolen by Intellivision with the Intellivision Amico and Tommy Tallarico.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Out of nowhere Intellivision ships a couple of Amico test units to a couple of YouTubers along with NDAs. The video above discusses this event.

I will be keeping track of this story so stay tuned....

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Sticking this thread because I have to see what ultimately happened with this since I called this!

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Latest information on the Intellivision Amico fiasco!

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Another update on the Amico Fail

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.