Recipe The Poutine :O

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Pineapple, i thought you were gonna make this thread.. well, loks like i'll have to handle it myself.

A long time ago (maybe 1 weak maximum) when TheHelper chat was ON, we (me and pineapple) made TheHelper's day, giving him the recipe of ''Poutine''. It is a well known (In canada) recipe that is extremly popular in quebec (where it actually started, a place where everyine speak french, explaning this food's name). And when TH tried it (with the few thjings he had at home to make it), he found it mervellously delightful.

And we (me and pineapple) decided to post up the recipe so you (americans that never heard of the word ''poutine'') can taste the best full of fat recipe ever imagined.

It is pretty simple so i suggest you take your laptop (or macbook) if you have one and go in the kitchen.

3 step to heaven to follow:

1- Get some fries ready (a good portion and make sure they are not cold, it removes what is good in hot food). Just put them in a bowl while you get
2- Cheese cruds ready (or any other cheeze can do, just dont put the whole block in the bowl, over the fries, make sure it is in small pieces before putting a lot of it in the bowl). And, while you do that, i hope you are getting hot
3- Gravy or BBQ sauce ready since it is the principal element of the poutine. Once it is hot, just make sure you put a lot of it over cheese and fries.

Go on and eat it while it's hot, come back and tell us how it was.

Bueno apetite!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
I am a quebecer. I live beside the #1 HotDog / poutine stand in North America, Le Blanc Patate ("The White Potato", but everyone still calls it "Pivin's"

Poutine owns you.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
...Americans...

You forgot to say Taiwanese. I'm not American, but the ingredients are pretty simple.

(Our BBQ sauce is salty...:(, so Fat + Salt = More "digestable" stuffs)

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
seriously, who doesnt?

fries + gravy + cheese cruds = 3 fat stuff

fat = taste good but aint good for health.

Hands down!

Me. The fries would ruin it.

Hands down!

But replace the fries with pork and use bbq instead of gravy....

DAMN
GOOD.

I've had my Canadian friend (we call him sunny) tell me about this before. He likes it.

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Me. The fries would ruin it.

Hands down!

But replace the fries with pork and use bbq instead of gravy....

DAMN
GOOD.

I've had my Canadian friend (we call him sunny) tell me about this before. He likes it.

That,s one version, people made like 10 more versions of the poutine, italian, using sausages and ketchup... thre are a lot!

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So it finally came to life. A(n) (Epic) thread about Poutine!

If you ever come in Canada, you should at least meet the poutine's inventors: the Ashton Fast Food.

Its only restaurants are in Quebec City, so yes you have to come "up North" to taste it!

If you come in QC and not taste poutine, you've wasted your trip.

Have a nice day!

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Im surprised no one has recognized the name "Pivin's" Yet!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember this! Yes, Poutine - good stuff - great drunken food!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.