The Purge (2013)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Given the country's overcrowded prisons, the U.S. government begins to allow 12-hour periods of time in which all illegal activity is legal. During one of these free-for-alls, a family must protect themselves from a home invasion.​
Release Date: 31 May 2013
Genre: Sci-Fi | Thriller

Cast: Lena Headey, Ethan Hawke, Edwin Hodge
Directors: James DeMonaco
Writer: James DeMonaco
Studio: Universal Pictures​
--- --- ---​
Looks interesting.​

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
That plot sounds like the most stupid thing i have ever heard.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
To prevent more from entering the prison, I presume.
So the mentality is that by letting people commit crimes on a specific night, they find release and no longer commit crimes on normal days that would send them to prison?

Typical Americans.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
So the mentality is that by letting people commit crimes on a specific night, they find release and no longer commit crimes on normal days that would send them to prison?

Typical Americans.
Exactly! Lol.

I kinda like these kinda movies though. Just for the violence.

What a stupid concept!
Does sound ridiculous. Lol. But I guess this is what makes it entertaining.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I think it's refreshing. And sure it's strange and disturbing to think of this ridiculous idea, but really, I wouldn't be surprised with what humanity can come up with.

Honestly, I think this concept is quite interesting. Imagine just every year, 12 hours of terror. I mean obviously you can compare it to like living in a dangerous country where it's like that every day, but that only makes the thought even more frightening. And then it turns into more thriller/horror as shown in the trailer which I like.

12 hours where people are killed mercilessly. I don't know, let's say you wanted to kill someone. Would you kill that person and go to jail? Or would you wait for that one day a year and kill that person, and settle what you wanted to accomplish, and then not go to jail?

Anyway, I feel like this could have been a great, dramatic film. But they brought in the whole horror-masked-man-invasion concept which makes it more... normal I suppose. Which is slightly disappointing. Entertaining, but not as novel.

This idea is crazy, yes, but I'm willing to give it a shot for the sake of the film. I don't think this idea is awesome realistically in the slightest, but what I'm saying is that just the film itself has caught my attention.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
12 hours where people are killed mercilessly. I don't know, let's say you wanted to kill someone. Would you kill that person and go to jail? Or would you wait for that one day a year and kill that person, and settle what you wanted to accomplish, and then not go to jail?.
And that means." You would support this heinous criminal act." lol
Oh well, lets see where this goes. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.