The Riddle Thread

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah divine I submitted.

So I have a kind of off topic question.. Is the only thing wrong with spam that it has to be heavily monitored and more work for the staff? Or is there something more?

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Here's a riddle for fun:

(I did not make this)

You are in a room, which has 2 doors out of it, Door 1 (D1) and Door 2 (D2). There are two guards in front of each door, Guard 1 (G1) and Guard 2 (G2).
One door leads to death, the other leads out to freedom. One of the guards ALWAYS lies and the other ALWAYS tells the truth. They have agreed to answer 1 question and 1 question only. You can not ask G1 one question then G2 another... What question could you ask to make sure you got out on the open door?

You ask, "Which door would the other guard say was the door to freedom?", then walk through the door that the guard doesn't point to.

So that's my answer. :p

Closing it seems like an exploitation of power if that's the only reason you'd be doing it.

Saying things like this is a very quick route to a ban of at least a few days, but probably more. If you'd like to disagree with a staff member's decision, then either do it humbly and respectfully, or don't do it at all.

The staff is not here as simply an elitist body to stop people from having fun. However, we do, as staff members, pride this forum on its reputation, especially its reputation for cleanliness and maturity, meaning that when and if the time comes, we will close a thread if we feel that it is necessary to maintain the positive, productive, and orderly nature of the forum.

Not only that, but you were simply given a warning - the thread is still open. The wise decision, if you do value this thread, would be for every member in this thread to take an extra few seconds before he/she posts, and ask him/herself "Is my post going to contribute to the thread in a positive manner?". Those extra 10 seconds will improve the quality of this thread and allow it to remain open.

If nothing else, I promise you that personal attacks on staff members and ungrounded assertions as to "exploitations of power" will not lead down a road that will make anyone happy. So, let's stay on topic and have positive, enjoyable discussions instead of attacking each other, okay? :)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Saying things like this is a very quick route to a ban of at least a few days, but probably more. If you'd like to disagree with a staff member's decision, then either do it humbly and respectfully, or don't do it at all.

The staff is not here as simply an elitist body to stop people from having fun. However, we do, as staff members, pride this forum on its reputation, especially its reputation for cleanliness and maturity, meaning that when and if the time comes, we will close a thread if we feel that it is necessary to maintain the positive, productive, and orderly nature of the forum.

Not only that, but you were simply given a warning - the thread is still open. The wise decision, if you do value this thread, would be for every member in this thread to take an extra few seconds before he/she posts, and ask him/herself "Is my post going to contribute to the thread in a positive manner?". Those extra 10 seconds will improve the quality of this thread and allow it to remain open.

If nothing else, I promise you that personal attacks on staff members and ungrounded assertions as to "exploitations of power" will not lead down a road that will make anyone happy. So, let's stay on topic and have positive, enjoyable discussions instead of attacking each other, okay? :)

Can we just not argue, forget what happened (fatmankev, admit you are wrong), and continue on. I'm not the type of guy that goes all offensive but, closing this thread seems kind of stupid... I mean, I bet you more than 5% posts in this website are like this, what you call "spam". Ok, I admit, this IS spam, but at least HALF of it is productive. Like Hortononn said, this is the first one, it'll be.. spamful, but if you give just a CHANCE, the next ones will be a lot better.

Oh yeah, and when I post, I DO revise and check over a lot. I even edit it like 3 more times. I don't wanna get banned cause I actually use this site also for Warcraft 3 help but, closing it seems unjust.

If you ARE a just person, hear me out, have your own opinions, but please I BEG YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING TO ME!!! :D

Look at my riddle, go to first page and click on my name under contestants and try to solve my submission. Then ask yourself, Is that spam?
(I am so gonna' get -repped for this)

Think positive!

SilverHawk

Reaction score
What I said was neither an argument nor a discussion. It was an official warning, albeit a fairly positive, constructive one. It'd be wise not to take that for granted. It'd also be wise to quit complaining about closing the thread, seeing as it's still open. If you truly want to "just not argue" and "forget this happened", you shouldn't have posted that response.

The best way to stay on topic is to talk about the topic - not about decisions made by the staff. I'd really like to leave this open, but if this shift into a discussion about the staff's policies doesn't reverse itself right now, the thread will be closed.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Martin Luther King: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

"I have a dream that one day chickens will be able to cross roads without having their motives called into question."

thewrongvine

Reaction score
OK! :D

Here is another riddle:

Made by man, but now man's maker
I am the long dead king you see every day
You love me dearly in your heart's greed
But as sanity slips I am gone

What am I?

Cmon, people, let's see some guesses!
Has anyone solved my riddle? I added hints!

duyen

Reaction score
OK! :D

Here is another riddle:

Made by man, but now man's maker
I am the long dead king you see every day
You love me dearly in your heart's greed
But as sanity slips I am gone

What am I?

Cmon, people, let's see some guesses!
Has anyone solved my riddle? I added hints!

Money

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Money? I understand the whole riddle exept for the king part.
I've never heard of a king called money :nuts:

Perhaps instead of king, you can use president, ruler, or whatever rules where you live. Look on the dollar bill and coin - presidensts, kings, queens, rulers. Now do you get it?

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Perhaps instead of king, you can use president, ruler, or whatever rules where you live. Look on the dollar bill and coin - presidensts, kings, queens, rulers. Now do you get it?

oooooh, that way :D
We dont have dead king heads on our bills here in the netherlands you see :p
Now I understand, the whole riddle comes togather.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Yeah, I feel that I should apologize.

I was in a bitter mood yesterday, and for some reason Seth's post kinda set me off, sort of. Anyways, I shouldn't have been disrespectful, I suppose, or at least not so accusatory. There's not much of an excuse for it, as your warning was really nothing more than that, and it didn't warrant the response I provided, especially since you're just trying to keep the thread clean and keep it from getting too off topic. So, my bad.

Also, here's a little riddle for anyone who wants another:

There is a garden toad laying dead in the middle of an island. The distance from the island to the mainland going north is 10 feet. The distance to the mainland going south is about 25 feet. To the left, it's about 15 feet, and to the right it's also about 15 feet. Since garden toads don't like to swim, which direction will he swim in to get to the mainland?

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
There is a garden toad laying dead in the middle of an island. The distance from the island to the mainland going north is 10 feet. The distance to the mainland going south is about 25 feet. To the left, it's about 15 feet, and to the right it's also about 15 feet. Since garden toads don't like to swim, which direction will he swim in to get to the mainland?

I dont think dead garden toads swim at all :D

SilverHawk

Reaction score
Anman, you never said whether or not my answer was correct. It's a few posts up, in my long post.

Fatmankev:

I appreciate your apology and your maturity - just try not to let it happen again.

1)ark_Knight

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
(I did not look at the above post to answer this, and I got it the second I read it becuase I know a riddle similar to it.)

Anman64's "Man driving down the road losing his money when he got to the hotel" riddle's answer is like Bilks said, he was playing Monopoly and landed on peoples property along the way, therefore paying out money.

I might also submit a riddle of my own... thinkin' about it.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Perhaps the town he started driving in was called money?
He drove out of that city and got to his hotel, in a other city.

Am I correct? :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.