The Scientology thread - the OG!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
BRUSSELS, Belgium (AP) - A Belgian prosecutor on Tuesday recommended that the U.S.-based Church of Scientology stand trial for fraud and extortion, following a 10- year investigation that concluded the group should be labeled a criminal organization.

Scientology said it would fight the criminal charges recommended by investigating prosecutor Jean-Claude Van Espen, who said that up to 12 unidentified people should face charges.

Van Espen's probe also concluded that Scientology's Brussels-based Europe office and its Belgian missions conducted unlawful practices in medicine, violated privacy laws and used illegal business contracts, said Lieve Pellens, a spokeswoman at the Federal Prosecutors Office.

Last edited:

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Anonymous announced their intention to combat the activities of the Church of Scientology on Monday. A spokesperson said that the group's goals include bringing an end to the financial exploitation of Church members and protecting the right to free speech, a right which they claim was consistently violated by the Church of Scientology in pursuit of its opponents.

This announcement came as a response to attempts by the Church to keep secret an internal video meant to be viewed only by Scientologists, featuring actor Tom Cruise. Despite their efforts, the movie was leaked and rapidly spread across the Internet. The video caused much controversy, and members of Anonymous posted a message to several of their websites proclaiming war against Scientology. Soon after, Anonymous struck at the church; they blocked access to its website, made prank calls, organized protests, distributed anti-Church pamphlets and information, and extracted secret files from the Church of Scientology and its parent company, the Religious Technology Center.

Watch the video from Anonymous to Scientology - Message to Scientology

-------------------------
Of course they have already brought down the Scientology.org website and have started a mass fax and prank call campaign. Not to mention they are going to try and bring down the hundreds of websites that are Scientology. Will be interesting to watch this play out and see if they get any epic Lulz.

Last edited:

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
even though i don't believe in God I still pray to him that they will succeed and that Scientology will be erased from our world and minds.

Greetings,
H34DhUnT3r[NL]

Jessi

I'm so green. Like a Machine.
Reaction score
Wonder what they'll do to sites like WikiPedia for informing about it.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
even though i don't believe in God I still pray to him that they will succeed and that Scientology will be erased from our world and minds.

Greetings,
H34DhUnT3r[NL]

lol, wut?

I already had my epic lulz, no more please. :p

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Whoever is responsible has my support. The maker of this "religion" is clearly out for the money, and I believe that the fabrication of the lies he's made that are now being followed as a "religion" is wrong, and should be shut down.

Asehujiko

Reaction score
As many people learned the hard way: You can't challenge the internet and expect a favourable outcome. The Co$ will fall in due time.

Meanwhile:
*clears throat*
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
Keep it up Anonymous.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Update: Church of Scientology website being attacked by hackers

Wikinews has learned that according to an internet posting made just over 24 hours ago, the Church of Scientology's website is being attacked by hackers, causing the site to shut down.

The attack was launched on Wednesday by a user calling himself "Anonymous", on the website "Project Chanology". The "History" section of the site explains, in a satirical fashion, that the incident was prompted by the Church of Scientology's attempts to remove a promotional video featuring Scientologist Tom Cruise from YouTube. Though YouTube is complying with the Church of Scientology's requests to take down the video, other sites such as Gawker.com have stated that they will keep hosting the video.

Writing in a blog post, Matthew Ingram of The Globe and Mail dubbed the ongoing conflict involving the Church of Scientology's attempts to remove the Cruise video from the Internet: "Scientology vs. the Internet, part XVII". He characterized the conflict between the Church of Scientology and anonymous posters of the Cruise video as "another small skirmish in a war that Scientology has been waging for almost 15 years, since the early days of newsgroups such as alt.religion.scientology, which posted internal church documents in 1994. Lawsuits have been filed, mailing lists have been shut down, homes of discussion group participants have been raided and their computers seized -- an all-out war."

One poster admitted to being a part of the effort, writing in a blog post "I have myself, as per instructions, loaded up Gigaloader and started bombarding the Scientology homepage. Theres [sic] something in the hilarious anarchy of the net that produces these 'events' every now and again." The poster wrote that "Prompted I think by the Tom Cruise video, a new obsession is taking hold on the internet."

-------------
I just checked - scientology.org still does not load but the other major websites of the Scientology web (narconon, etc) are still going strong.

Last edited:

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
The helper news guy who is awesome said:
Wikinews has learned that according to an Internet posting made just over 24 hours ago, the Church of Scientology's website is being attacked by hackers, causing the site to shut down.

onoez the "anonymous" hackers are back :eek:

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Wonder what they'll do to sites like WikiPedia for informing about it.
Prank call them?
Spam the admins' emails?
Or maybe, oh the horror, vandalize an article? :rolleyes:

D

dunpealx4

HAHA... it's the computer speaks. Leader of Scientology? he must be talking to Tom Cruise.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
so.... is this the first true cyber war? I do not mean flame war, but an actual war on the internet?

Other than the sites shutting down, what other effects will this have? I do not care about this war, but what it could bring to the internet.

Jessi

I'm so green. Like a Machine.
Reaction score
"MOOOOM! BRING US SOME COOKIES! WE'RE IN THE BASEMENT, WE'RE DECLARING WAR ON SCIENTOLOGY!"

"Yes, dear. That sounds great."

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
"MOOOOM! BRING US SOME COOKIES! WE'RE IN THE BASEMENT, WE'RE DECLARING WAR ON SCIENTOLOGY!"

"Yes, dear. That sounds great."

Actually you do know the FBI takes hacker groups as serious as terrorist groups.
If they declare a war on a religion they may just cross the line and threaten cyber security.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.