The Secret World - Beta Weekend #4

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Been a long time, been busy and lots of other stuff, so lets get right to the point:

http://www.thesecretworld.com/

If anyone hasn't heard, TSW is an upcoming MMORPG from Funcom that has gotten good reviews and learned from their mistakes from AoC and AO and are looking for a decent launch. The game is somewhat pricy, like most sub-based MMORPGS (50$, e, or pounds, depending where you come from), for the game, and 15$, e, or pounds for the monthly fee (with some other subscription options).

The setting of the game is a modern-day, horror, lovecraftian setting, with plenty of good quests, fun dungeons and brain-bogling puzzles and missions. There are no classes, but rather about 550 abilities separated into 9 weapon categories, and passives and actives. You make your own class, build (there are 7 actives and 7 passives) and go with it. There are rifles, pistols, shotguns, magic of all kinds, hammers, blades and fist weapons to choose from, and some of them have tanky or healy skills, but mostly you are not tied to a single class. There are three factions, Templar, Dragon, Illuminati and they are all united against the darkness, but against each other, fighting for power. Therefore, in PvP settings you get a nice three-way free for all, while the PvE remains united against the monsters.

I'm already sold for the game, but if anyone wants to give it a shot i have 2 Beta keys for this weekend, starting at 17:00 GMT and ending some time in the morning on monday (I think about 5 am GMT). Just send me a PM and i'll send you the key if you wanna give it a go, and you can read more about it on the forums, although the game is done more credit by playing it as well. Make sure to do it as quickly as possible since the beta client is quite hefty (Around 30 GB) and also, i'll be gone in about 3 hours. I'll see if i can PM You a key ASAP if i can't do it today, as early as Saturday Morning.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.