The Spell Request Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
And SUI, if I'm not mistaken, would be the opposite of MUI.

The terms, not sure if I've forgotten :p:
GUI - graphical user interface
MUI - Multi unit instanceable
MPI - Multi player instanceable
SUI - Single unit instanceable
JASS - Just Another Scripting Syntax

GOGETIA

Reaction score
o well skyblader u said before that i could make some of the spells but i was just curious to know if glenphir had help. I really am terrible at triggering and spells and all those wierd terms:confused:

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
MUI: If an ability is MUI, that means that two units owned by the same player or different players can cast the ability at the same time without any errors occuring.

MPI: If an ability is MPI, that means that two units owned by different players can cast the ability at the same time without any errors occuring.

Err... What's the difference?

P.S YES I AM NOOB!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!! REAL PROUD OF IT TOO (Lol jk, I'm :nuts:)!!!

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Err... What's the difference?

P.S YES I AM NOOB!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!! REAL PROUD OF IT TOO (Lol jk, I'm :nuts:)!!!

MUI: If an ability is MUI, that means that two units owned by the same player or different players can cast the ability at the same time without any errors occuring.

Meaning any units would be able to cast the spell at the same time.

MPI: If an ability is MPI, that means that two units owned by different players can cast the ability at the same time without any errors occuring.

Only units owned by different players can cast the ability at the same time. If 2 units owned by the same player casts the ability at the same time, an error/bug will occur.

xPass

Reaction score
Meaning any units would be able to cast the spell at the same time.

Only units owned by different players can cast the ability at the same time. If 2 units owned by the same player casts the ability at the same time, an error/bug will occur.

Oh that means MUI is better... How do you choose to make it in MUI or MPI anyway? Is there a trigger or something? In what way does MPI dominates over MUI??

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Oh that means MUI is better... How do you choose to make it in MUI or MPI anyway? Is there a trigger or something? In what way does MPI dominates over MUI??

Well, for survival games, if you're only going to have only one unit being controlled by each player, MPI would be good. Generally, I like to stick with MUI, even if it's not really necessary. Good for practice.

Well, for MUI, you need to learn how to make it. MUI isn't like a trigger that magically makes your spell become multi-user instance-able. It's the way you trigger your spells. For instant spells that includes no waits or of that sort, you don't need to do anything, as instant spells are already MUI on their own. Spells that require periodic triggers, long terms effects, etc need to be made MUI.

There are several techniques. If you're sticking to GUI, I'd suggest you learn Hashtables, as they're really the best method to make things MUI in GUI. As for vJASS, it's rather easy to make spells MUI.

skyblader

Reaction score
SUI easiest to make, MPI more difficult to make, MUI most difficult to make. Most difficult doesn't mean it's difficult and can be simple depending on what you want to do.

The times MPI dominate MUI is when MUI is NOT needed, and making it MPI instead can save a lot of time/code length and unecessary variables and stuff.

Example of how to do it is:

Objective: Saving a number for a player, and using it later
Non-MPI way:
set integerVar = 1 (For player 1)
set integerVar = 2 (For player 2)

Now the integerVar is overwritten, and you can no longer use it for player 1 anymore.

MPI way:
set integerVar[1] = 1
set integerVar[2] = 2

Now, you can use both numbers.

This is an MPI example, the same concept for MUI.

Edit:
Took too long to type it, Glenphir beat me to it :p

xPass

Reaction score
Well, for survival games, if you're only going to have only one unit being controlled by each player, MPI would be good. Generally, I like to stick with MUI, even if it's not really necessary. Good for practice.

Well, for MUI, you need to learn how to make it. MUI isn't like a trigger that magically makes your spell become multi-user instance-able. It's the way you trigger your spells. For instant spells that includes no waits or of that sort, you don't need to do anything, as instant spells are already MUI on their own. Spells that require periodic triggers, long terms effects, etc need to be made MUI.

There are several techniques. If you're sticking to GUI, I'd suggest you learn Hashtables, as they're really the best method to make things MUI in GUI. As for vJASS, it's rather easy to make spells MUI.

Oh, so hashtables ARE MUI... Been thinking what hashtable spells are called lol... And to make MPI spells, is vJass required or just one of the methods, meaning it can be done in GUI?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Oh, so hashtables ARE MUI... Been thinking what hashtable spells are called lol

Well, Hashtables are considered MUI because they are basically 2D Arrays, which is a method to efficiently store values. If you use Hashtables correctly, you can do countless amount of things, in MUI of course.

skyblader

Reaction score
xPass said:
And to make MPI spells, is vJass required or just one of the methods, meaning it can be done in GUI?

If MUI can be done in GUI, why can't MPI?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Completed the spell Sword Lock. Please read the "READ ME" before doing anything else.

Attachments

• Sword Lock.w3x
    36.9 KB · Views: 422

junicobakura

Reaction score
Spell Name:Still Unnamed

Code Preference:GUI

Spell Type:MUI

Description:A Spell that will do an action if the projectile hits the target(basically a spell that can be a based on Azwraith's Spirit Lance)

Ability Type:Active
Targeting Type:Unit
Mana Cost:Varies
Cooldown:Varies
Casting Range:Varies
Area of Effect:N/A
Duration:Varies(Maybe from effect when projectile hits)
Allowed Targets:Varies
Main Damage:Varies

Other Remarks:For the spell...just make the bonus effect when the projectile hits is creating an illusion of the caster at the position of the target

Things that needs to be editable for future re-balance/another spell:
-Main Damage
-Bonus Effect when projectile Hits
-Range

Edit:Just Name It Spirit Lance

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Spell Name:Still Unnamed

Code Preference:GUI

Spell Type:MUI

Description:A Spell that will do an action if the projectile hits the target(basically a spell that can be a based on Azwraith's Spirit Lance)

Ability Type:Active
Targeting Type:Unit
Mana Cost:Varies
Cooldown:Varies
Casting Range:Varies
Area of Effect:N/A
Duration:Varies(Maybe from effect when projectile hits)
Allowed Targets:Varies
Main Damage:Varies

Other Remarks:For the spell...just make the bonus effect when the projectile hits is creating an illusion of the caster at the position of the target

Things that needs to be editable for future re-balance/another spell:
-Main Damage
-Bonus Effect when projectile Hits
-Range

How many levels does the spell have?

GOGETIA

Reaction score
Glenphir overall that was a great spell but can you make the final explosion blue and the lightning that connects the swords sometimes glitches and goes towards the middle of the map.... i have no idea why this happens but its really wierd. I think it might be that the spell was cast before the other swords dissapeared from last spell and it thought that they were supposed to be part of the pentagram so it connected with them

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Glenphir overall that was a great spell but can you make the final explosion blue and the lightning that connects the swords sometimes glitches and goes towards the middle of the map.... i have no idea why this happens but its really wierd. I think it might be that the spell was cast before the other swords dissapeared from last spell and it thought that they were supposed to be part of the pentagram so it connected with them

Yeah, because I attached the HandleId to the caster. So you can't cast again it before it completely explodes. If your cooldown is longer than your whole spell duration, it should be fine. I can change it if you want though. And about the blue explosion, I'm afraid you'll have to find a custom model. That Revive model cannot be tinted blue.

GOGETIA

Reaction score
nah its okay its still a awsome spell and once i change the cd to like 60 seconds it should be okay right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.