The Spell Request Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
Err, Glenphir, just a note here, your Sword Lock spell has a bug. If it is used too fast, the blue laser lines that will form a star will attach itself to the middle and won't go away...

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Err, Glenphir, just a note here, your Sword Lock spell has a bug. If it is used too fast, the blue laser lines that will form a star will attach itself to the middle and won't go away...
This was already mentioned and Glenphir already replied about it...

Prestere

Reaction score
Spell Name: Hole in ur Soul

Pieces the enemy soul and breaks open an path to the realm of the dead. If the unit is weak enouth, some souls from the realm of the dead will break through that hole and free themselves while eating away the enemys soul. Only to enter some other poor souls.

Code Preference: Would prefer GUI, if its easier use whatever fits best...

Spell Type: i dont know what the diverence betweeen MUI, MPI and SUI is :-( ?

Description: The Hero makes his cast animation, the enemy gets XXX (below) dmg, if he dies due to this spell several strong (below) ghosts spawn from his body and enter nearby ( 500 ) enemys with half the starting dmg from this spell, if the units die too the ghosts spawn again (either 1 per unit or the same number from the first target, would need to test it for balancing...) and enter units within 500 range and so on ... ( a maximum number of "respawns" to edit for balancing would be nice).

the level increases each 5 hero levels, max hero level is about 50, first level to get this spell is 10 what makes 9 levels. 1 ghost per each level sounds nice. Dmg: When possible easy editable, somewhat about 300/500/900/1400/2000/2800/3600/4800/6000 dmg and half per respawn.

Other Remarks: a cool animation when the hero casts the spell would need to re-edit the hero modell or? but perhaps something cool happening when he casts this spell would be nice like shaking ground, an opening half-transparent portal that looks like the gate to hell, everything in the color of blue-red-black would be fine for the effects and units if it fits the spell.
i think it would look good when: the spell looks like some "soulspear" (something like the attack from necrolyte from DotA), and when it hits the enemy, the enemy first turns astral for 1 - 2 sec, a portal opens behind him and then the dying animation.

and i would like this spell to also work on heros with half dmg.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Any news on this spell?

I'm only curious. Please take your time with it. <(^_^)>

Will work on it shortly.

Spell Name: Hole in ur Soul

Pieces the enemy soul and breaks open an path to the realm of the dead. If the unit is weak enouth, some souls from the realm of the dead will break through that hole and free themselves while eating away the enemys soul. Only to enter some other poor souls.

Code Preference: Would prefer GUI, if its easier use whatever fits best...

Spell Type: i dont know what the diverence betweeen MUI, MPI and SUI is :-( ?

Description: The Hero makes his cast animation, the enemy gets XXX (below) dmg, if he dies due to this spell several strong (below) ghosts spawn from his body and enter nearby ( 500 ) enemys with half the starting dmg from this spell, if the units die too the ghosts spawn again (either 1 per unit or the same number from the first target, would need to test it for balancing...) and enter units within 500 range and so on ... ( a maximum number of "respawns" to edit for balancing would be nice).

the level increases each 5 hero levels, max hero level is about 50, first level to get this spell is 10 what makes 9 levels. 1 ghost per each level sounds nice. Dmg: When possible easy editable, somewhat about 300/500/900/1400/2000/2800/3600/4800/6000 dmg and half per respawn.

Other Remarks: a cool animation when the hero casts the spell would need to re-edit the hero modell or? but perhaps something cool happening when he casts this spell would be nice like shaking ground, an opening half-transparent portal that looks like the gate to hell, everything in the color of blue-red-black would be fine for the effects and units if it fits the spell.
i think it would look good when: the spell looks like some "soulspear" (something like the attack from necrolyte from DotA), and when it hits the enemy, the enemy first turns astral for 1 - 2 sec, a portal opens behind him and then the dying animation.

and i would like this spell to also work on heros with half dmg.

For SUI, MUI and MPI details, please refer to the few previous posts.

GOGETIA

Reaction score
I didnt really know where to post this but it didnt want to start a new thread so... how do i start off learning to make spells?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I didnt really know where to post this but it didnt want to start a new thread so... how do i start off learning to make spells?

Well, you could just download spells and take a look at the trigger contents and learn from there. You could also do a search on "MUI" as it's necessary for spells, most of the times.

Hashtables can be a great start for MUI when coding in GUI.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score

For me... I just try to code my spells, meet a problem, post on the forums, try and try and try, explore the GUI functions, search tutorials on how stuff are done, see others' problems, see the solutions and learn new stuff.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
For me... I just try to code my spells, meet a problem, post on the forums, try and try and try, explore the GUI functions, search tutorials on how stuff are done, see others' problems, see the solutions and learn new stuff.

SAME!!! Though I don't do spells :D Too complicating for me...

P.S btw, I'm having a Trackable event problem in GUI I modified myself, there just isn't anything!!! Not even after I put variables... :banghead:

Prestere

Reaction score
well i guess the spell should be SUI cause only one unit in the whole map can actually cast this spell, but then it doesnt realy matter if its mui mpi or sui i think :->

GOGETIA

Reaction score
okay glenphir what are hashtalbes? I dont understand much of this stuff as im still in 7th grade. And anybody know where i can get a bunch of gui spells?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
A hashtable is a data structure with a hashing function. You give it a "location" and it gives you the information in that "location".

I.E. [ljass]LoadString(myHashtable, 0, 1)[/ljass] can be thought of as, "Please, Sir Hashtable, I would like the information at the coordinates (0, 1) in the string format."

Similarly, think of it as a spreadsheet. Cells hold information and are referenced by Row X, Column Y.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
And, hashtables are able to save the handle id of each unit, making it MUI, because each unit has its own unique idea.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
okay glenphir what are hashtalbes? I dont understand much of this stuff as im still in 7th grade. And anybody know where i can get a bunch of gui spells?

Being 12 or 13 isn't an excuse.. It's just how much dedication, interest and work you have/want to put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.