RPG The Stygian Crusade

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
The Stygian Crusade
Title not final

I will not bore you with plots.

Terrain: My good friend Jack-Shephered has put some half-assed effort into it as a kind favour, and I have added my own features to it. So far we have a nice amount of it done, and I quite like it.

Here's some screenshots, at the moment the terrain doesn't really have any content as you may notice.

Zone 1:
Wilderness:

screenshot1.jpg
screenshot4.jpg

Dungeon:

screenshot3.jpg
screenshot2.jpg

Quests: I have made quest templates, so it is easy enough to add quests. Obviously, there are some quests that will need some custom coding, but all in all I have a whole bunch of funny quests in mind. They are sure to entertain. For example, there is going to be a nasty ogre on that snowy bridge in the above terrain picture, and he will throw people he doesn't like right off it!

Creeps: I'm still contemplating about creeps strengths. I've made a few and am tweaking them now. I'm leaning towards high damage, low HP, as that is so much more fun, you know, D2 style.

A cool feature with creeps is, about half of them will be spell casters. So just getting armor for damage reduction won't help you. You'll need spell resistance or spell absorption abilities to aid you in some cases.

Creeps also have a chance to respawn as rare spawns, that drop better loot, but are also more powerful.

Items: Itemisation in this RPG will play a large part, as in most RPGs. You will also not be restricted to certain types of items. Anyone can use anything (in most cases). If you are a glass cannon caster that decides to use a shield. So be it. It may be useful if you are soloing. But if you want the most damage output, you'll want a different kind of off-hand, one with spell power.

Dungeons: The dungeon systems is basically done, dungeons are top banana. They will be a lot easier while leveling, but not "omfgsimple". At the late stages of the game though, you will need more people to get through a dungeon successfully.

Heroes: My RPG will have a lot of different heroes. At the moment I have one fully completed hero. All heroes will have 6 abilities. I know you all may be thinking.. ewww only 6 abilities? Boring. Well the level cap is 50, and you gain the abilities as you level up to 20. At 30/40/50 you can choose to ugprade one of your ablities each time (3 out of 6 all out). The hero systems are completely finished, and just require heroes and spells to be made. I am also going to implement super masteries that you have to work for, that effect some aspect of your hero in a beneficial way.

Attributes:
stats.jpg
All heroes use spell damage for spells, casters/ranged heroes use ranged damage and melee use melee damage. Armor is used for nothing, as armor in my game is coded due to wc3s armor customisation sucking. I'm just going to black out all of the armor interface stuff.

The three main attributes are Intelligence, Endurance and Agility. They each give their own benefits. Luck is also in the mix, which increases certain things and drop rates.

There are also a bunch of other misc stats displayed on the multiboard that contains your heroes stats. I will probably add Spell Resistance and Armor to the multiboard, but maybe not Armor, as it is pretty easy to figure out and it only affects Damage Reduction which is already on the multiboard. By the way his stats are so high because I gave him a really good item :p.

So as you can see, there are a lot of things that affect combat in this RPG, but it isn't complicated at all. It is very intuitive to play and once I get this thing going, I will not be able to stop it!

A new feature of note:

Random Item Stats:
A lot of items in the map have random item stats. The tooltip of the items will simply have what the possible stats are (for example +4-8 Intelligence) and you will have an ability in your tome of knowledge that you cast on items in your inventory to show what stats that item rolled. Stats save over, so once you pick that item off the ground the first time, it's stats will never change. (i love diablo 2 waaaaay too much)

A level 1 set item, also showing the random stats it rolled.
bugblocker.jpg

My team:
Me (coding / implementation / part of all design)
XxpeddyxX (quest design / modelling)
IDARK (item design / creep design / dungeon design)
Jack-Shephered (awesome terrain)

FFMaster will also be helping out with some hero design when he's finished his exams

note that these are all good friends who i've known for years, there's no way i'd be getting this many people to help out if i didn't know them well

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Is this that secret map I recall seeing you mention somewhere (I think it was someone else's RPG map thread :p)? If so, awesome, always wanted to see a map by you ^_^

Would love to help, but I'd probably be too lazy (Larcenist knows all too well about that :D) and get f*ck-all done on it, but good luck with the project, would love to see end result :)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeeeeeeeeeah! Why did it take you so long?! :D
> Flare

He posted it in my RPG tread :D

Oh yeah, I might be able to help because of my other RPG being discontinued.

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
Is this that secret map I recall seeing you mention somewhere (I think it was someone else's RPG map thread :p)? If so, awesome, always wanted to see a map by you ^_^

Would love to help, but I'd probably be too lazy (Larcenist knows all too well about that :D) and get f*ck-all done on it, but good luck with the project, would love to see end result :)

I'd love to see an end result, rofl. I'm actually confident that there will be one too. I've made it so easy for myself to add content that this maps future is looking bright indeed.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeeeeeeeeeah! Why did it take you so long?! :D
> Flare

He posted it in my RPG tread :D

Oh yeah, I might be able to help because of my other RPG being discontinued.

As I said in my first post amongst the wall of text, it took me so long because I was distracted for about a month.

That's a shame that you discontinued it. RPGs are a lot of work, we should get paid for it. But yeah, don't rush into offering help. If you are considering being dedicated to it, we can discuss it more, otherwise it's not really worth it. I have a friend helping me on item design, so it helps me a bit. He made an RPG called True Chaos before.

Also - There will be furious tigers in this map. Though no-one but me will laugh at this...

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> Also - There will be furious tigers in this map. Though no-one but me will laugh at this...

I will :D I was actually about to ask you :p

I will think about it.

Sixth House

Reaction score
This map looks promising. Good luck on it :thup:

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
Yes, I'm still working on it.

I don't need "just a coder". If you/anyone is interested in seriously partaking in the development of this project as a whole, I will show the map and explain things in greater detail.

Obviously, this person would have their own ideas that can improve on my own concepts, which is how having a partner would benefit me the most.

Reaction score
Yes, i would love to be a partner though the best i can do is code. I can terrain but my vista is really slow on graphics and i only get like 10 fps in the world editor.

But i have made a bunch of RPG Systems ( Save/load, Companion System, Attachment System).

And i'm working on an equipment system simpler to AAAInventory.

So just tell me if you would let me join this project.

I Also have plenty ideas so...

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
Figured I'd do an update.

Map is coming along well.

Turns out I can handle it just fine on my own. Seems like I have more patience than I thought.

The screenshots are outdated (Jack's terrain is amazing now), there's probably some outdated info, but basically 99% of the RPGs core systems are complete and there is a good chunk of content.

The only thing slowing me down at the moment is brainstorming original/fun ideas, which takes longer than just making up content on the spot.

I highly expect this RPG to actually get released in the near future.

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
I test everything thouroughly as I make it, so a beta isn't required. :) !

Then again, my clan members get to help me test things that require two players to test. :D

Edit: I've updated the first post with a snippet of the current terrain in the first zone of my RPG.

I figure, every so often I'll add a zone showing bits and pieces of the terrain.

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
this is still being worked on

basically had a break from it during this semester of uni, but i now basically have 7 weeks until next semester and a great team of friends working on it with me

the next week i will not have a chance to properly update the op, but after that i will try to update it, and then keep it updated

(i've made a slight update on the op, but it's sort of just a teaser update for now)

Belgarath

Reaction score
The RPG should be progressing steadily again once eMoo gets off his exams or whatever. I have some nice ideas for the terrain, soon to be put into it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.