The Terrain Thread

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Ofc it's empty, that's why I'm asking people what the hell I should put in it, lol. It's not even close to done yet.

Anyways, torches are kind of a no-no because I like the look it has right now, like some old, forgotten cavern that nobody has been in for centuries.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
There isn't enough room for buildings and imagining it with buildings doesn't work too well. But you could try and see what you get.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Buildings? Oh, I thought that the passage is about as tall as a human lol.

You can evade those problems if you ask yourself what you want to do before you actually start to terrain. Can save a lot of time, yep. :p

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Buildings? Oh, I thought that the passage is about as tall as a human lol.

You can evade those problems if you ask yourself what you want to do before you actually start to terrain. Can save a lot of time, yep. :p

Well I wanted to experiment with lighting :p

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Bump! Awesome, this thread is still here! :D

Been working on recreating the Swamps of Sorrow and the Black Morass for a WC1-themed campaign (don't bother mentioning Dawn of Chaos since I already know of its existence and this project has an entirely different scope). Two images for now:

16gykk9.png

2wd4yoh.png

EDIT: +rep for the first person who can remind me what pitch and roll settings to use in a doodad to make it align realistically with the terrain. Values as low as 0.01 cause them to tilt far too much, but I think there's some specific value (a negative one?) that makes them even out nicely.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Values as low as 0.01 cause them to tilt far too much
Wat? 0.01 is close to nothing...
The value depends on the doodads and the bumpiness of your terrain.
Generally I'd say trees are fine with something around 0.05. Smaller stuff like flowers... hm, between 0.1 and 0.3 or so.
I'd give rocks an even higher value, e.g. 0.5, helps removing the ugly flat stones on the side if you lower them on uneven terrain.

Note that the effective maximum is 1.57.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Those lights are meh. And why are some textures stretched to low resolution while others are sharper?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.