The Terrain Thread

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
>"i dont think the teeth should be so long and randomly spaced at the top."

Yeah, looks a bit weird... but the dentist! :D Lol, I'll fix that when I spent some more time on it.

>"i think you need to change it so you cant see daylight through the otherside."

Actually it's a custom light model. :/ Look at the background, it looks different. I guess I'll use fire if I can't come up with something else. ^_^

>"unless you only see it from the top when your in game"

It's not for a game. ;)

>"also the stuff at the front of the screenie looks messy otherwise keep up the good work."

Yeah, I was going to change it to some kind of path anyway. As I said before, it's (very) unfinished.
Thanks for the feedback!

>"do you spend like 3 hours a day just terraining or something?"

He, he, no. You become faster over time. :D That screenie took me about an hour, since it's still very rough.
Making all those little details is very time-consuming.

Kenito: Sure sure. ^_^

Jindo: Resizing demon heads? I'm not that lazy. :p Thanks. :)

2-P

Reaction score
Those shrubs made it a lot easier. :p

New hell pictures. ^_^

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
Hehe, Ace and Silver was right... not that you need any rep :rolleyes:

Note: I could have scaled some trees, but didn't have time :p

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Will you marry me?

After seeing a picture of a Sesame Street Monster?
Hm...

They are certainly terrific, especially the last one.
However, somehow, I can't really help it, but it doesn't have an actual Demon feel to it...
It's more like "Hey, looks interesting. Let's have a closer look..." :p

Although, then again, that might just be the latest trick... to get you there... and never out again...

Z

Zero R.

AceHart said:
After seeing a picture of a Sesame Street Monster?
Hm...

So... this is all subliminal messaging for us to offer our lives to Sesame Street!?

Noo.....

2-P

Reaction score
Nah, he's not gay. ^_^

>"However, somehow, I can't really help it, but it doesn't have an actual Demon feel to it..."

Yeah, you're not the only one who thinks so. I guess he's too... round. Especially the big, round eyes look rather funny. I'm still searching for another special effect which I can use for them.
Dunno what I'm going to do. >.< Maybe I'll add some spikes to his head.

Z

Zero R.

^Nah, he's not gay. ^_^

La la la la la lah, I'm not listening! I'M NOT LISTENING!

K

KeeperofKeys

@ Jo_O: Good shots, but perhaps the small building at the far right could be scaled up somewhat? It doesn't look very impressive for royal lodgings. However, I like the Dalaran tower in the background there. It gives a better sense of "Wow, BIG BUILDINGS!".

@ Zero R.: Sh! Don't let her get away!

@ 2-P: Amazing. Did you know that you are an endangered species? I believe that your classification is Gamerus Feminimus. Your description reads as follows: Rarely seen in the wild, this rare variety of Genus Gamerus is actually an offshoot of Urbanus Feminimus, or your common Mall Rat. Gamerus Feminimus often exhibits great intelligence (unlike its parent genus), but it can be more easily identified by its habit of ACTUALLY USING COMPUTERS FOR MORE THAN MESSAGE SERVICES. This strange mutation has actually made it a part of genus Gamerus, although it still bears some superficial similarities to its parent genus. Some speculate that a random mutation caused the enhanced intelligence of the Gamerus Feminimus, which then caused the entire new species to revert to their current gaming habits to avoid the dreadful specter of BOREDOM.

Did I fool you? :D

Silliness aside, keep up the awesome terrain work. I especially enjoyed one of your scenes that included a realistic waterfall. Unfortunately it was wiped with the site crash, but you have replaced it with some very interesting stuff.

Finally, to make that demon face more convincing, might I suggest working in shadows rather than light? If you could darken those eye points to black pits and then work in other details using darkness, perhaps it would look scarier?

I'm afraid that I am forced to agree with the others about the head shape. His head has enough bumps to give any phrenologist a nightmare ;)... maybe you could make a sort of demonic horn? Like a twisted parody of a unicorn? (Don't look at me like that, guys. If you happen to remember an old game called The Horde you will know EXACTLY what I mean. :p)

Mullit

Reaction score
Jo_O - looking good but you might wanna put some tree variation in that forest, ashenvale, lorderon summer and cityscape ones work well. also i cant remember the last time i saw any town with a huge bit of paving like that, you might wanna put in something to break up the sameness, a fountain or something just to finish it off.

2-P - second shots much better than the first ones, the head is still bumby though and those eyes are too round, making them thinner would make it more evil looking and less sesame street looking. the front bit leading up to the head is about 100 times better than the mess that was there before. GJ

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Great job, looks very cool.

Would look alot better without the sunshine effect on the sky, in my opinion.

The terrain is also a tad flat for my test, perhaps doing the random terrain height then evening out, just leaving a bump here and there - Would make it less, constructed, if you know what I mean.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.