The Terrain Thread

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Lolz, it does look cool I'll give you that. The wisps were creative as fuck (something I wouldn't have thought of, but that's not saying much :p). But it doesn't look like lava, more like some kind of volatile chemical or sea of tainted water.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Wisps? Which wisps? oO
And it's called red firey stuffy, yep.

Rikter
After Glyphe, another hero from DoE.

Started that one over 2 months ago, that's a new record time for me. xD

Terrain by 2-P.
Skin by Krewl Rain.
Screenshot taken by Rising Dusk.
:p

This might help understanding the screenshot:
A lone figure with half a dozen blades rotating around it floated in the mist. Behind it, hundreds of Banenites recruited from the nearest villages to fight for her. Rikter followed, he was a fighter by trade.

The lone figure stopped and glanced ahead... Before her stood Sizhure and his army, current ruler of the mists. Battles ensued, Rikter fought for one reason and that was only to live. His determination struck down many a foe, but each one he struck down collapsed into his blade. Sizhure encountered Rikter in battle, the greater voidwalker underestimated him, giving Kephket an opening to strike him down. But by some grace beyond reasoning, Kephket gave the final blow to Rikter.

He never changed for he was only a banenite, but his sword collected the fallen essences of those he slew. The sword, named by Rikter to be his Damnation, would urge him on to slay more. The sword never controlled him, but more often than not he listened to it anyways.

Attachments

• rikter1xo1.jpg
    rikter1xo1.jpg
    673.6 KB · Views: 339

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I don't know what to say about that one. A lot of things are great and a lot of things are bad. The concept is great. The cinematic feel is great. The special effects are great (as usual :p). The way the stairs spiral is great. The choice of doodads is terrible. The choice of tiles is terrible (or at least how you used them). The overall lighting, aside from the SFX, needs work. Just more glows I think, around the bubble thing.;

Edit: Also, why are the footmen sunk below ground? o.0

Wisps? Which wisps? oO

Oh, they aren't wisps? What are they? Slow models?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
thats actually really good. howd you make those mountains? and how do you make it seem like the valley is neverending?!? man that musta taken forever.

nother note whens the next terraining contest?

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Scaling tricks and fog tricks. Takes forever to get good at, but really it's just practicing what looks good.

2-P

Reaction score
Perty! Spring is my favourite. Good luck.

All the dirt on the shore is meh. =/
Summer: What's up with those white glows in the sky? oO
Autumn: The fire on the left side distracts too much from the cool glow of the city.

>"Oh, they aren't wisps? What are they? Slow models?"

Doom Fire Target, flat.

>"Also, why are the footmen sunk below ground? o.0"

The one on the left? That's only the upper part of his body. The legs are laying besides him.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
So his legs got cut off? Because they aren't really attached to the body (or not as I can see :\)

Anyways, for summer the white glows are my attempts at whispy cloud misty things. I don't know what they are-- but the terrain is based off something I saw in real life (of course without the castle) and there were whispy clouds like that.

The fire-- well I added the fire because I thought that the terrain was a bit imbalanced and needed something on the left side, and I like the smoke effect I made :p

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Holy great lighting effects.
I thought the most left mountains covered in full rocks tough, it seemed to be a cliff.

Also, the raising of the landscape made quite a blot.

2-P

Reaction score
>"So his legs got cut off?"

Ja.

>"Anyways, for summer the white glows are my attempts at whispy cloud misty things."

Ooooh, the whispy cloudy misty thingies, how could I forget. xD

>"The fire-- well I added the fire because I thought that the terrain was a bit imbalanced and needed something on the left side, and I like the smoke effect I made "

Aw ok, I haven't seen it without the fire so it's hard to judge. But I'm sure that it's TOO distracting. :p
And yeah, the smoke looks nice.

EDIT: The thread at the Hive had to be closed again? That's just sad. >.<

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
New terrainz!

This is a revamp of one of my old ones... behold...
Temple of the Ancient Sun!

5my6qd.png

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
UGH, as shiny as it penetrated my eyes o_O
Love the pillars........ how could u put it together like that?

Critics :
-The ferns seemed to look like plastics compared 2 the others.
-Is it just me or i did see that the left side lightning are excessive compared 2 the right?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
ghostwind will you teach me your oh so marvolous terraining powers and make me an immortal terraining god like urself?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
ha looking forward to it

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are your tutorials going to have lighting effects in it? I really need to learn about lighting and fog effects :)

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I already made a brief one on sunlight effects before. The ones I'm going to make are going to be about environmental terraining and scaling+fog tricks.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
har har made an evil looking terrain from Ghostwinds nature scene tut! xD
whennighttimefallsmj6.jpg
CnC plox :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.