The Terrain Thread

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
ulch; good for the rummaged aura but still; you need some smoothening imo. and the tree placing aren't really good.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Those two big hills are far too steep, nothing would grow on such a hillside. Only mountains/cliffs are that steep.
It doesn't rain in the top left and right corners, weather effects have a low maximum height, careful when you use them which such a camera angle.
I like the placement of the trees, but those purple dead trees don't really fit. And the right edge of the screen is empty.
The plants should be placed in clumps and could be closer to the trees, you know, to make that "path" in the middle more empty.
Those 3(?) flowers are completely out of place. The green fern is too bright... someone needs to smack Void for using it in the tutorial. ^^
Good backgound, nice use of fog.

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Snowy Mountain (I know it looks empty..)

snowybw2.png

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Snowy Mountain (I know it looks empty..)

snowybw2.png

I really like the gate thing :p
As for the snowy mountain... It does look too empty :p

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
You make your own models?
And how was thoose X walls made?
Thoose butterflies are custom models?

Nice anyway.

And yeah it's from the intro.

2-P

Reaction score
No. Black Stan made the 2 units.
I used the Wall Low, just rolled. And Wall End Short inbetween.
Nay, Glow model (UTM).

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
wow draph that is AMAZING

ZeratuelX

Reaction score
WOAH! Those terrains are awesome. I wish I could terrain, but I have no artistic talent, or at least not enough to envision something like that. My skills only go as far as coding and programming.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice void =]
I hate the top arches though.

The doodad is far too low quality to use from a distance like that :p

Also, is it just me, or is the sun not round?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i like it, but id say make the mountain more visible it took me like a while to figure out what it actually was, looked like there was a peice of the sun missing

2-P

Reaction score
Those circles around the sun look weird. And yeah, the texture of those arch windows is horrible.
The sun rays coming towards the camera are awesome. Did you use a gigantic light circle for the effect?
<3 the sky. ^^

L

lightsaver88

hey,
soz this has nothing to do with my second favorite game in the world wcIII.lol.
anyway how do u make a thread!!!!!!!!!!

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Those circles around the sun look weird. And yeah, the texture of those arch windows is horrible.
The sun rays coming towards the camera are awesome. Did you use a gigantic light circle for the effect?
<3 the sky. ^^

I used light from above tilted on its side (like I do for all my suns) but with X and Z values of 200% and Y of 6000% :p

Also I swapped the rotation of the sun so it's actually coming from behind the camera but it creates the illusion of coming from the sun :D

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I used light from above tilted on its side (like I do for all my suns) but with X and Z values of 200% and Y of 6000% :p

Also I swapped the rotation of the sun so it's actually coming from behind the camera but it creates the illusion of coming from the sun :D

ooh cool! <3 id put that in your tut! that sun looks so realistic!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.