AoS The Unforgiven

TwistedOne

Reaction score
I will never be afraid again
I will keep on fighting till the end
The gift has finally been given
Now I'm one of the Unforgiven

Hello, I am TwistedOne , I am working on an AoS with a great future, I hope, I am now looking for a team (more details and info will be posted below)

Name: The Unforgiven

Type: AoS with many unique features

Sides: Order of Purity and Council of Oblivion

Number of heroes: 24 Unique Heroes, each with their own theme, design, and personality.

Features:
$ Fair gameplay
$ Unique abilities
$ Power ups
$ Soul system (explained below)
$ TUS (explained below)
$ CUS (explained below)
$ Legendary Creatures (explained below)
$ Hero Refinery (explained below) $
$ MLI (explained below)
$ A fun traveling merchant!
$ An insanely PvP oriented design, so that mauling heroes isn't easy, but a common practice.
$ Fun gameplay that'll keep you coming back for more!

Storyline: When a person , doesn't matter if it's a human, pit lord or gnome, dies, he enters The Judgement . If it has done evil things in it's life, then it gets punished to the Land of the Unforgiven . Recently, the Land has became overcrowded, and there isn't enough space for everyone . So the Unforgiven splitted into 2 sides, built their bases and began a war. The winners will gain the control over the land, and the losers, well, they will simply vanish. So the battle begins ...

People I am looking for:
Terrainer (the most important thing currently)
Decent skinners , to make the heroes look unique
Artists (loading screen , minimap preview , etc)
Testers/Idea/Suggestion givers
Someone , who could make a website (NOT 5 minute set up forums)
Hero sheet writers

Explanations:
Soul system: when player kills another player or legendary creature , he gains a number of souls (1 from heroes , more from legendary creatures) , which can be used in Hero Refinery to upgrade the hero's attributes , damage , speed , armor , give him minor other bonuses and for high costs even some auras.

TUS-Tower Upgrade System , players will be able to upgrade the towers to have different magical properties , including entagling roots , war stomp , shockwave , healings , different auras and more , also players will be able to increase their main stats like Damage , Hit Points , range and etc.

CUS-Creep Upgrade System , players will be able to upgrade the creeps to have additional abilities , auras , and increase their statistics : Damage , HP , movement speed and (maybe) even spawning speed !!!

Legendary Creatures-creatures that were the reasons why the last battle of the two sides has begun . These creatures have unbelievable power and intelligence , but they will appear very rarely . Also they will become stronger in battle , so the longer it'll take you to finish them , the stronger they will become . Also great amount of resources will be awarded .

MLI-multi level items , unlike other AoS maps like DotA , instead of having recipes , items will have multiple levels . Each item will have a basic bonus which will upgrade each level and also a special max level bonus , which will be gained when the item reaches it's max level . (for example : sword of thunder , level 1 - 6 damage bonus and a 15% chance to purge enemies when attacking , level 2 - 14 damage bonus and 15% chance to purge enemies when attacking , level 3 (max for this item) - gives a 22 damage bonus , 15% chance to purge enemies when attacking and a 30% to cast a chain lighting , which deals 125 damage when attacking , chain goes through 3 targets , reducing damage by 25% for each target)

Few hero examples:
Council of Oblivion
Thanatos
The Death Bringer
2098.gif

Argonath
Mechanical Overlord
skins_1530_screenshot_tnb.jpg

Order of Purity
Lunaticus
Astrologician
skins_2065_screenshot_tnb.jpg

Tessah
Desert Stalker
attachment.php

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
When are you gonna actually finish one of your projects? So far you've posted about 4 AoS projects, none have been finished. And really, features isn't anything. Actually, features has nearly almost nothing to say (but can still have a big role to play.), gameplay is everything. The things needs to bind, they need to create a nice feeling. Trust me, I know this, I have created many failure maps.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Trust me, I know this, I have created many failure maps.

Haha, :p. Same... sorta'.

Your storyline is really not that exciting. :/
Your first hero, Thanatos, has the same name as in my map. :D
And a lot of AoS's have multiple-level items, including DotA - Dagon, Necromicon. It's not really that new, but still cool.

And let me just say, I have seen tons of new threads that say "Requesting a website (not a 5 mintue forum!)", and... you don't need them. At least finish the map, and show something worthy of people's time, and then a website comes last.

But good luck! :)

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe because Thanatos is really the personification of death and mortality (according to Greek Mythology)? It's not like some awesome WC3 map-maker came up with the name. A lot of mythological Gods' names are used in many maps (or games in general).

TwistedOne

Reaction score
When are you gonna actually finish one of your projects? So far you've posted about 4 AoS projects, none have been finished. And really, features isn't anything. Actually, features has nearly almost nothing to say (but can still have a big role to play.), gameplay is everything. The things needs to bind, they need to create a nice feeling. Trust me, I know this, I have created many failure maps.

This one will be epic ^^

Haha, :p. Same... sorta'.

Your storyline is really not that exciting. :/
Your first hero, Thanatos, has the same name as in my map. :D
And a lot of AoS's have multiple-level items, including DotA - Dagon, Necromicon. It's not really that new, but still cool.

And let me just say, I have seen tons of new threads that say "Requesting a website (not a 5 mintue forum!)", and... you don't need them. At least finish the map, and show something worthy of people's time, and then a website comes last.

But good luck! :)

Well then, wanna create a better story ? :p

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
I will never be afraid again
I will keep on fighting till the end
The gift has finally been given
Now I'm one of the Unforgiven

//! offtopic
New blood joins this earth
and quickly he's subdued
through constant pain disgrace
the young boy learns their rules
with time the child draws in
this whipping boy done wrong
deprived of all his thoughts
the young man struggles on and on he's known
a vow unto his own
that never from this day
his will they'll take away

what I've felt
what I've known
never shined through in what I've shown
never be
never see
won't see what might have been
what I've felt
what I've known
never free
never me
so I dub thee unforgiven

they dedicate their lives
to running all of his
he tries to please them all
this bitter man he is
throughout his life the same
he's battled constantly
this fight he cannot win
a tired man they see no longer cares
the old man then prepares
to die regretfully
that old man here is me

what I've felt
what I've known
never be
never see
won't see what might have been
what I've felt
what I've known
never free
never me
so I dub thee unforgiven

you labeled me
I'll label you
so I dub thee unforgiven
//! endofftopic

According to Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, flow is the most pure feeling of luck. Flow is created when someone has challenges that require him to go to his limits, but not to exceed them. ( See also: Csíkszentmihályi, Mihaly (1990). Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience. New York: Harper and Row. ISBN 0-06-092043-2 )
A map is fun when you are able to put your players in a flow, so even beginners need to have fun on your map, as well as pros.

Another theory of a maps playability is the tipping point theory. This means that the map needn't be perfect ( it helps, though ; ) ), It just needs multipliers. Multipliers might be: Someone famous featuring your work, other famous maps in the same sector, the mapmaker being famous, and most important, many players that are able to host and that love your map so much they actually host it themselves.

Best regards, Davey

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi <--- And this guy is Hungarian! o_O!! :)

Anyway I've played some AoS maps before, but found none of them better than DotA. Somehow they don't give that feeling. I'm kinda addicted to it. :eek:

Tho good luck with your map buddy! I won't say anything til I see it. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.