The Walking Dead

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
The guy that was trapped on the roof wasn't even in the comic. The show is largely based on the comic but doesn't follow it exactly. Stuff like that is very common in shows/movies based on books/comics.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
For a show, that runs once a week, it might get a bit boring if the show was exactly as the comic. Or too fast.

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
Episode 4 is right now. Go watch it or I will come to your house and kill you.

Ok I won't kill you but still.

esb

Reaction score
He cut his hand (instead of the cuffs) because the saw was too dull.

Damn, the 'trade' was damn instense and full of suspense.
Where in the world is Myrtle(sp?)?
Shane got bit! I forgot if that happened in the comic xD
CORRECTION: It was some other random dude.

And while it's quite different from the comic storyline, it's still quite good.
WTF?! Only two episodes left?!?!!!!!! THIS IS MADNESS!!! Not enough!!!

And a rerun is on again.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Shane got bit! I forgot if that happened in the comic xD

Well, in the comic Rick wanted to leave and after some events they started to leave, but then Shane started going off on Rick about him coming back when he did, that he would've been happy with his wife and whatnot. His son shot him though.

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
I don't think it was shane. The guy that was bit got bit from behind and Lori was behind Shane. Of course I could be wrong. Rogers on Demand here I come, answer these many questions

EDIT: The guy that was bit was Morales. He was one of the people that Rick found in Atlanta.

esb

Reaction score
Oh. Yeah I remember the Shane gets shot by Carl. I was too lazy (and excited) to rewind :p

I re-watched it (recorded) and yeah, it was some random guy.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
hmm Amy dies. did not see that coming. this one i liked a lot more. at first i was like "ugh god damn mexicans" but then after it turns out they are cool. too bad i was wanting an epic showdown

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
is it extra long or is it the regular 45 mins?

esb

Reaction score
You can catch up now. They're re-running the past episodes. And it's at usual time. (~1 hour)

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i has a sad now for multiple reasons
1. no next season till 2011 :(
black chick got merk'd. was startin to like her character.
andrea didnt end up staying. over the episodes ive been liking her less and less. at least the old guy didnt die though. that guy is cool. sad andrea lived tho.

really liked this episode though.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
i has a sad now for multiple reasons
1. no next season till 2011 :(

I'm not sure when in 2011 comes out, but January 2011 isn't very far away at all.

black chick got merk'd. was startin to like her character.

I'm not sure how I felt about her. She seemed to be one of those characters they were going to throw away sooner or later.

andrea didnt end up staying. over the episodes ive been liking her less and less. at least the old guy didnt die though. that guy is cool. sad andrea lived tho.

I agree, I was really hoping that she was going to be out of the show then. I also agree that the old guy is cool. After this I'm going to be more worried about the black guy dieing, though. I like him for some random reason.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I hated, despised, loathed, the newest episode. All they did was kill off a lady who died in the comic, but Shane is still alive (!?), and reset to the previous episode.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
im really really wondering what he whispered in his ear at the end.
also, its october 2011 i heard so an entire year.

esb

Reaction score
I'm hoping that he whispered about Shane trying to rape Rick's Wife. I'm just waiting for carl to shoot shane...

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
TBH i think its more serious than that. i think it had something to do with the blood tests that the guy took. maybe about Rick. one of my theories is about how shane said when he listened to rick's chest he heard no heartbeat. maybe he is infected but instead of only the stem of his brain coming back his entire brain came back making him human but undead.
conspiracies!

Kings

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Just watched all 6 episodes yesterday. The show is awesome and I want more episodes...

I think Jennar said something about what happened between Shane and his wife. Truth be told though, the first thing I thought was that he might be saying the virus will eventually be airborn(not likely though)

esb

Reaction score
Well, if I remember correctly, based on the comics the virus is already spread to everyone. Whenever someone dies, no matter the cause of death (bitten/cut/attacked by a zombie or not), they come back as a walker.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.