Other The Witch Doctors Revenge [Beta Map]

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
  • Project name:The Witch Doctors Revenge

Added Beta Map, Up to 7ish players. 7 Heroes atm, all fun heroes. Have fun! Please report any bugs.
  • Project description: The Witch Doctors Revenge is about a witch doctor and 10 players. Each Player can choose an entirely custom hero. The hero models are mostly imported, yet not all are. Most if not all spells are custom, Each hero will have a source of income. Each hero will either A. Have their own crops of a sort, to sell and harvest with peasants, or units under control of the hero, or B. Have their own custom income system. Heroes are entirely hand-made, no stealing ideas or anything. Now then, the kicker. I have a contest (Sort of) For my map. The contest is basically, Create Your Own Hero. I know everybody has always wanted a hero to represent themselves, this is your chance! My only rules: Heroes models must be below 200kb. With that last rule in mind, I will stretch to like 220 if you want the model. Also, Abilities must have four levels each, and the hero must have an ultimate with 3 levels. Please, if you do this, make the abilities have the right coordinates. If you don't remember, heres the link for coordinates - http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=38305
    Right now I have about 8 out of required 10 heroes to make a beta. Now then, The way to win, is to either A. Become so powerful that nothing can kill you (Not recommended as the Witch Doctor can get quite powerful if left alone. Or B. Kill the Witch Doctor. The Witch Doctor's primary source of income is Souls, which give him a select income every few seconds. It won't be a lot per soul.
    During the game, the Witch Doctor will have an onslaught of units at each players starting point, (They won't be strong in the beginning). They will just be a flow, every 30 seconds releasing creeps from the Middle of the map to each players base, Because the players will want to leave the base with their heroes, they will need something to protect their base. Thus, I have received an idea for a tower, that is a unit, but will be upgraded for every level their hero gets. They start off at little to no damage, so the hero MUST remain with his base for a little while, however, afterwards, if the hero is not in range, then the tower will be vulnerable, and the units will attack it, and it will attack back. The tower will be able to be upgraded. There is a limit of one to it. It will not fire when the hero is near. It will not be invulnerable. It will need to be repaired, they can't just leave it there and it will just dominate. The Witch Doctors creeps upgrade with game time.
Link to thread:http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160324-The-Witch-Doctors-Revenge
  • Places to fulfill:

GUI: I can do this, help if you want.
JASS: I can do triggers, help if you want.
TERRAINING: Just about done
MODELLING: None needed.
TEXTURING: Not a lot needed
Heroes:
To Come Soon!

Progress

|||||||||| Terrain 100%
|||||||||| Triggers 20%
|||||||||| Abilities 50%
|||||||| Heroes 80%

Pictures
clipboard01nrj.jpg
clipboard03c.jpg
clipboard04mj.jpg
clipboard06x.jpg

Ideas for spells below.

Witch Doctor Spells:

Store Soul: The Witch Doctor has a profuse knowledge of spirits and units souls, so at anytime the Witch Doctor can take a units soul and store it in his medicine bag, making it available for use at anytime. The soul can be used to summon the unit, or just to be used as a soul. Melee Range.

Used basically as a currency for the Witch Doctor.

Spirit Dance: The Witch Doctor can channel for 120 seconds in order to gain favor from the Spirits, giving him 5 in each attribute. He can reduce the time by giving the spirits something to eat, that thing being tributes, The tributes must be around him or near him when he channels, takes away 10 seconds of channeling time per soul.

This spell explains itself...

Create a Horcrox: The Witch Doctor, after having killed a unit in the past 20 seconds can store a piece of his soul in a nearby tree, or unit of any kind. It requires 10 seconds channeling, and the channeling must start before that 20 seconds expires. Adds 20 seconds to channeling time, and if Witch Doctor dies, he revives at spot of one of his Stored Souls.

This spell is like in Harry Potter. Like Voldemort's Horcrox's.

Spirit World: The Witch Doctor is so intact with his spirit world, that after sacrificing 3 tributes, or souls, he can put his real body to sleep, summoning his spirit out of it. This spirit is immune to spells and is permanently invisible. The Witch Doctor can take the spot of the spirit at anytime in order to sneak up on enemies or plan lethal attacks. If the Witch Doctors main body dies during this, he will die if he doesn't have any souls stored. If not, he will lose all tributes and/or souls. If the spirit dies, he will awaken. Can also awaken the main body and return spirit back to him when wanted.

A complex spell I and my Friend thought of.

Spell Ideas Are Welcome! Please, Ideas for Heroes. I Need ideas, Thanks so much guys for reading.

Thanks, Neuro

DL Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?5uiaish5h7ku8wj

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Heroes should be different, all having some uniqueness like one is the fastest, one can go invisible, one has more armor, attack, health, extra spells. Those stuff.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
yes, I agree completely, and I think I might do a lion of a sort for the Animals and make him super fast, either that or he can have a sprint ability.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
  • A bird could have the ability to peck, making enemy lose controle of their unit.
  • A bear could have a cleave attack
  • A fox could have a sprint ability
  • A snake could have a dodge and poison bite ability
  • A frog or a rabit could have a jump ability (Leap forward)
  • A wolf could have a bite or a swipe (attack all enemys in front making them suffer bleed damage)
  • A turtle could have a spiked shield (damage on attackers) and a headbutt or a push ability (close range push and damage)
And then all animals could have an ability like thick hide or similar (more armor or ignore part of damage)

- you can seek inspiration from the feral druid in world of warcraft, combine some of the things from there.

And I want to see some screenshots :D

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Alright, the only thing im having trouble on, is concentrating on the races, they are very strenuous to make.

X-maul

Reaction score
I'm wondering, is it only 1 race with all sorts of different animals, or are there races like - "The Rabbit Race", "The Bear Race", "The Owl Race" and so on?
Or is it "The Animal Race", "The Troll Race", "The Spirit Race", "The Undead Race" and so on? (These are just examples)

I could give you some ideas for the races if you want me to, I just need some information about the background story and the environment in the map.

X-maul

Reaction score
hmm - ok as I see the picture... this is a tag game right? where you build your base to defend yourself against the witch doctor?

if thats so, you might reconsider your terrain - I would really dislike to build a base in the middle of a path, there is no real bases just straight path. You should consider trying to build a new terrain with some bases to build in.

And when I hear the word "Witch Doctor" (in wc3) I think of a troll, and thereby some maya temples (or similar)

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
If you want I could do the terrain(i wanna take my mind off of my project for a few days lol)

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Sajin could you? Heres the map attached, I havent done a lot, but im really gonna start working on the races when the terrains done.

Attachments

• The Witch Doctor.w3x
    719.1 KB · Views: 356

Sajin

Reaction score
Do you mind if I start over from scratch? Il make sure to copy over your triggers and regions and you can just import the units once your done?

if so what size map would you prefer and anything you'd like me to take into consideration. I wont be able to start it until later tonight but Il put it up as soon as i can :)

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Go ahead, although I dont see why you cant just delete all doodads and then just view all map, then flatten the terrain, its not that hard, but the map size, 192x192 and include a lot of forest in between each base, also, make the bases separate please, and there has to be a lot of spots for creeps in the forest please and thank you :)

Thanks,
Neuro

Sajin

Reaction score
Go ahead, although I dont see why you cant just delete all doodads and then just view all map, then flatten the terrain, its not that hard, but the map size, 192x192 and include a lot of forest in between each base, also, make the bases separate please, and there has to be a lot of spots for creeps in the forest please and thank you :)

Thanks,
Neuro

because the way I like to start involves the map being completely covered in water so I can make smooth transitions into ponds / lakes / etc. :)

Sajin

Reaction score
do the player bases have to be on the sides of the map? Or can I put some of them more towards the center?

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
I dont care, as long as one isnt more of a target then the others. Or, it could be more of a target, do what you think will be better.

Sajin

Reaction score
Sorry for the wait(holidays and all) terrain is done :) I might have gotten lazy at some parts so if there anything you want me to fix or what not feel free to tell me :)View attachment Witch Dr..w3x

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.