The Witcher 2- Does anyone have/play this?

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are other fans of the Witcher series on TH. I love the games almost (if not more) than I do Mass effect.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
The newest one was fairly entertaining. I'd rate it similar to Skyrim. Very cool but dull after awhile, although i did very much so like the Storyline.
Overall a good game imo. Def a fan.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I'm a huge Witcher fan. I've played through the first like five or six times (for a total of 254 hours) and I've played through The Witcher 2 at least five or six times, right now at a total of 212 hours. I've done two on dark mode before the EE came out, and I started my third as soon as the EE was released. I've been taking my time though, I'm up to Chapter 2, playing as an Alchemist. (I actually made it several hours into Chapter 2, but because of stupid Australian censorship I had to apply a patch which won't work if I've already started 2, so I reloaded just before it.)

How about you? Should I be putting any details in spoiler tags or not? How far are you into the game?

Mahucharn

Reaction score
I'd put any spoilers in the appropriate tags; however, I have played through the main story question of TW2

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Ah right, I see. What path did you choose? Swordsman? Alchemist? Mage? A mix?

My main play through which I intend to import to The Witcher 2 is the one I'm working on right now, I sided with Iorveth early on, and I intend to save Saskia. Tis' a hard choice though, as I have to risk Triss' safety, even though I know she'll be all right, technically from the games perspective I don't. But, I can't allow her to be controlled by the Mages, and I can't kill her, so I've little choice.

I did import this play through from The Witcher 1, too, so Adda lives, which was important to me.

How about you?

Mahucharn

Reaction score
Ah right, I see. What path did you choose? Swordsman? Alchemist? Mage? A mix?

My main play through which I intend to import to The Witcher 2 is the one I'm working on right now, I sided with Iorveth early on, and I intend to save Saskia. Tis' a hard choice though, as I have to risk Triss' safety, even though I know she'll be all right, technically from the games perspective I don't. But, I can't allow her to be controlled by the Mages, and I can't kill her, so I've little choice.

I did import this play through from The Witcher 1, too, so Adda lives, which was important to me.

How about you?

I never played through the first game, I was a bit late to jump on the bandwagon. I played a mage primarily with added swordsman skills. What did you play as?

I saved the dragon, but let pretty much everyone else die. I also sided with the Scoio'tael, as the other side seemed like jerks :D

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I never played through the first game, I was a bit late to jump on the bandwagon. I played a mage primarily with added swordsman skills. What did you play as?

I saved the dragon, but let pretty much everyone else die. I also sided with the Scoio'tael, as the other side seemed like jerks :D
Ah cool! I can't seem to remember exactly, but I played TW1 first either because TW2 was a month or so from being released, or I just hadn't saved up the funds for it yet, but I ended up playing through it two or three times in that period!

And I did my "perfect" play through a short while ago in TW1 while I was waiting for the EE, which I've now imported and am playing. (I could send it to you if you like, I remember many of my choices throughout the game, if that matters, there's some minor differences.)

I've not yet played as a Mage, but several times as a Swordsman, but right now as an Alchemist and I must say it's definitely my favourite. I also put two points into "roll", as that's my primary way of travel LOL!

I'm still using my Raven's armour, Moonblade, and Mahakamam Rune Sihil, which are imports from TW1, but very weak -- though they look cool. Waiting until I get some armour which enhances bomb or trap damage xD

I agree, I sided with Iorveth as I believed in his goals and thought Roche had a strong hatred for non-humans. If anything, I want to progress the world towards equality for all races, and I saw that path with Iorveth, whereas with Roche the best I'd accomplish is strengthen Temeria, but I'm not loyal to them.

I've played both sides though, and it's fun to play down Roche's path just to see the other side -- it's still a good story! It fills in some info about the story that you don't know unless you play it.

I'm playing on Dark Mode, how about you?

Mahucharn

Reaction score
I've been playing on the medium difficulty. Usually I don't play games for a challenge, but rather for the story.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Ah yeah, cool... I played on the default my first time. It was good fun, but I love difficulty xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.