The World Editor Relief

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Haha, TheHelper. Wait til I get my picture up, then you can judge which one you think looks the stupidest :p

Nah, that's a little too unimportant for a story, Alexander. You'll make it more interesting if Alexander is the direct son of Tyrale, however that happens. A fledgeling? Heck, a vampire can spread hundreds of those around in his lifetime.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
You probably don't know the Vampire system, or at least: MY Vampire system.

To become a Vampire, a Vampire must drink your blood, but you must also drink theirs. This can be forced, and typically is (Alexander was forced) However, the point is that your line's (Vampire family, so to speak) power goes from one fledgling to the next. However, power is also dependent upon the power of the human, originally. A strong human, not physical, but strong willed and strong of mind, will make a strong Vampire. All Vampires are, technically, fledglings of Tyrale. However, the lower you go from him, the less of his power. Tyrale has a grand total of only 4 fledglings. Alexander is the only one that has a book after him, the others are vaguely mentioned throughout the series. (Alexander is a version of me, actually) So, in a sense, it IS important to be a fledgling. Losing blood to create a fledgling weakens a Vampire, even if only a little. Blood, after all, is the core of most of their power.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
The Helper said:
No offense but she is alot more pretty and charming than either of you (I saw your picture Conan).

LOLOLOL.

True, most people are ALOT better looking than me. You'd see my dad and be thinking "How the hell can he be Conan's dad?!".

I see someone has a new girlfriend. ;)

DM Cross

Reaction score
You haven't seen me, nor will you ever because I don't need to be sued for breaking your monitor screen and any mirrors you may have in the room.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
LOL - the only reason that you guys have been spared is I was talking to my other best friend. She is also an hour away - which is so freaking ironic because she lives just around the corner from my other best friend. I just want to know why all my friends have to move an hour away? Am I forced to live my life in the General Discussion forum of thehelper.net? I don't know but maybe it is better than nothing....

DM Cross

Reaction score
What, you don't like us?! BUT WE'RE SO DAMN COOl! ... *Walks straight into the wall made of sarcasm*

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! That was a good laugh Alexander (your post before the one above this post) :D:D

You're right, I haven't seen the vampire system where the "fledgeling" also drinks their blood. I've seen the two systems where it's either a mistake to leave one drop of blood left in your corpse or not, either way it creates a vampire according to the two systems. Then again, those are also the stupid systems that talk about holy water and all of that garbage.

Either way, it makes Illusions all the more interesting, maybe you should base Rebirth more around Tyrale to a certain extent (depends what it really is about).

Here is my spin on your plot (if it isn't as so):

Corruption -- Your mentioned story for this. Tyrale is briefly mentioned throughout the few scenarios, but is constantly mentioned towards the end. I suppose Alexander may be captured at the end of Corruption and as he's locked up in a New Blood City cell, they've found him out, he sits still in his cell as Illusions unfolds and the plot of Tyrale's death and how he created the Vampire world are released.

Illusions -- The backdrop of Tyrale and how he started Blood City, otherwise known as Old Blood. Tyrale must have died when Old Blood was taken over by some creatures, maybe werewolves. Now New Blood exists, created by the fugitive fledgelings, Alexander and three other chief fledglings leading them.

Rebirth -- Alexander suddenly noticed a detail in the information given to him. Something was missing. And just then, Jessica or someone else, whatever it is, breaks him out of prison and Alexander is sent into hiding as he slowly uncovers the plot to revive Tyrale and fill the world with vampires, which entails that Jessica, among others, must be killed to make room, for they aren't (for some reason you might come up with) "vampire material". And so he plans to assassinate the three other fledgelings to save those he knows and loves. Perhaps he makes friends with the werewolves and together they take down the evil vampires as they attempt to revive an insane Tyrale. Of course, for their own good, Alexander will have to fight against his friend vampires as he strives for his goal. The ending will of course consist of Alexander and Jessica finishing off their relationship and the three races (Humans, Vampires, and Werewolves) living in harmony, but I suppose if you really wanted to you could set it up for a dark sequel.

And that's just my spin, you most likely have something totally different and most likely better.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I don't like that weakness shit. I also don't like the idea that Vampires are all power without any skill. MY Vampires have more abilities by their minds. They can move to other places, shift moods in a person, project illusions, all sorts of crazy things. Yes, they DO have physical power, but it's not all that.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Read my edit.

DM Cross

Reaction score
See, that's a good storyline...I do like it, but as I've said, my stories are mostly planned out, and they're very different. Corruption is about Alexander who is hired to KILL Elizabeth, who is best friends with Jessica. He is hired by the Witch leader, Zaris, of New Blood. Zaris recreated New Blood, as it was once burned to the ground by the Guardians and Hunters, when it was named Galdric. Tyrale created Galdric. Tyrale is still alive, just living out human lives, avoiding the guardians. He writes books (in the story, it says he writes Illusions under the pen name Kevin Pinaha :p) which reveal the location of New Blood to the world. Zaris, however much she needs Alexander's skills, hates Vampires. She hired another assassin, Robin who is a Witch, to kill Alexander, regardless of if he completes the task or not. There are other plot twists that do not directly effect that plot, but that's the basic. It ends with Alexander killing Robin and then fighting with Zaris. There's a surprise ending that I can't tell you, but sets up the story for Re-Birth, which is mainly about Elizabeth and Jessica, who are now Vampires. (That takes place in Corruption, too) Illusions, however, is more of a history about Tyrale. That doesn't effect the Stinda series at all, but it does sort of help reader's know more, as Alexander IS in Illusions. (A younger more naive Alexander)

-Edit-

If you'd like, I can show you the summaries for my other 12 books...I haven't written the one for Society's Shadow, as it's a newer idea spawned from me, my friends, and our...Hobbies, interests, and abilities :p

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Go right ahead :)

I figured you'd have to turn Elizabeth and Jessica into vampires, that's classic story cliche, but it works efficiently enough. My plot twist was another cliche, and would work successfully for a whole other vampire story, but there's no point in having two different series, so I take back my suggestion as I planned to do already :)

That's very cool, Tyrale's retired from his young vampire life to suck less blood and write more books :p

So I renounce my current campaign system and go back to my old one. Corruption >> Rebirth >> Illusions. Illusions is basically a "bonus" that just serves as a backdrop to the Stinda Trilogy. Maybe it'll be part of the campaign to collect tattered pages out of some of Tyrale's books to unlock Illusions. I don't see how that could be done, but it would be ver ycool :D

I'm in a consistently good mood since I've been able to simplify my house triggers to a bunch of arrayed variables (so I use the for loop a lot). It's going to be the vehicles that are going to be the hardest to trigger, they've never worked for me on Halo, so it'll take even more brainpower to get a better compromise for an LoaP.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Beyond Death’s Door
Deep underground, beneath the Black Tower of Kranin lays the Graveyard, a town constructed by Undead. Here they reign supreme, under the watchful eyes of their creator and Demigod, the Necromancer Taur Amandil. Deceit, murder, black mail, and assassination are normal occurrences deep in this cutthroat community. But everything goes wrong as a disease begins spreading through the disease-immune dead, making them experience a death that is a little more permanent. The great leaders of the Undead call forth their greatest adventurers to find the source, and stop it. A cunning Vampire, a mysterious Banshee, a hot-tempered Wight, and a shadow Wraith must venture to the neighboring city of Catacomb, and even up to the surface world trying to keep their kind from extinction. But are all the party members really team players? Or is one of them obsessed with reaching beyond Death’s door, and becoming immortal, while damning the rest of their wretched species to a black oblivion?

Dark Rituals
Almost 100 years ago, 4 children disappeared while playing in an abandoned factory. A 5th returns, muttering and rambling about Demons, black magic, and Satan. Now, in the present day, 3 more children go missing, all of whom are known for playing in the old “haunted” abandoned factory. Detective Coren begins to investigate the area, and what he finds will rock him to the core of his beliefs. An old babbling man appears, filling him into a demonic plan to bring the Dark Lord, Satan, into our world, creating the end of life as we know it. The children’s blood is the last missing ingredient. Coren must use his faith as his weapon, with the old man as his only ally as he confronts 3 very demented men who are persistent in their attempts to finish their Dark Ritual to bring Hell a little closer to home...

The Demonic Angel
A strange creature wakes up in the Elven town of Elenrim, City of Stars. He awakes with no memory of his past life, or even what he is. But what he is, he can see for himself. Some strange, twisted crossbreed between a Demon and an Angel. Fighting for acceptance in a world he does not remember, this new creature is visited by a Dwarf who unwraps some of his past, revealing that his half-brother, a full-blooded Demon, is trying to open the Gates of Hell, to loose the Demons and Devils upon the world. Striking out alone, the creature realizes that he has not only been accepted, but befriended, as some of his companions from Elenrim follow him, keeping him safe, despite a hasty departure. Together, this party of warriors and sorcerers fight to do what the Demonic Angel could not do on his own, stop the end of the world. But, is the creature truly on the world’s side? Or does his forgotten past hold dark secrets?

A Druid’s Tale
A Druid’s Tale follows Aron, an arch druid who contracts the irreversible lycanthrope disease. The werewolf disease. His life becomes a never-ending test of survival after his fellow druids find out his dark secret, and pledge to destroy him like all the other werewolves they’ve come in contact with. But Aron is convinced that he can use his curse to help the world, and refuses to throw himself upon the silver knife, or give himself over to his once-friends. However, his view on the world is turned upside down when a tribe of lycanthropes, the very creatures he once used to hunt, take him in and treat him like a normal human being, something he hasn’t felt like since realizing he had the disease. His loyalties are torn to shreds when his hunters find him and the tribe of lycanthropes. Will he stay true to the druidic way, and aid the very people who want to kill him? Or has he seen a new way, a way lit by the full moon, which will lead him to fight the druids along side creature he once saw as bitter enemies?

Lone Wolf Complex, the sequel to A Druid’s Tale
Aron, the Packmaster has grown old. His tribe of lycanthropes has remained safe since the War of the Full Moon. While many believe his son will be heir to the throne, those that know him call him the Lone Wolf. Desperate to get away from the tribe, his inheritance and live on his own, the Lone Wolf runs away. But he quickly learns that the world doesn’t love werewolves. Unwilling to return home, the Lone Wolf continues to try to make his own way, consumed by the Lone Wolf Complex.

Illusions, the prelude to Corruption
In ancient times, war rages on. Fought with knights on horseback and archers with their bow and arrows, men fall in battle lusting for honor. Witches, Guardians, and Hunters all sit back as humans slowly destroy themselves. All except one Witch, whose love belongs to a human champion. This champion is Tyrale, a legend among legends, who falls in a battle at the result a cowardly act. Desperate to bring her love back from beyond the grave, the Witch casts a dark ritual that brings the legend back, but with a terrible curse. Without need for air, water or food, he is damned with a lust. For blood. With Hunters and Guardians trying to send him back to oblivion, can Tyrale learn to live with this new reality, and forever forsake the ‘normal world’, the world of Illusions?

Re-Birth, the sequel to Corruption
It’s been months since Alexander fell into his coma. Elizabeth and Jessica have taken to their new lives quite well. But Alexander didn’t leave the Vampire world with many friends. Betraying a Vampire community. Killing a high-ranked assassin, which many required the services of. Not to mention all the rules broken by not killing the two girls that were trying to reveal a Vampire city to the human police. Word has gotten out that Alexander is not well, and now, contracts are running high for his head. Can Elizabeth and Jessica keep Alexander safe? Or will the masses of Vampire killers stop Alexander from his Re-Birth?

The Light in the Shadow
A priest of the Light loses his faith when bandits take his family from him. Turning instead to the more reliable magic of Kranin, the priest devotes his life to finding a way to bring his loved ones back. But his research reveals a dark, shadowy type of magic that slowly begins to corrupt his soul. As if fighting his own damnation wasn’t enough, the Academy is plagued with a disease that begins turning the infected people into dark, evil creatures. While the normal magic of the High Mages fails to have any effect on the creatures, the priest’s shadow magic proves to be devastating to them. The more he uses his shadow magic to protect those around him, the closer he feels his mind slipping away, but maybe it’s not all bad. Maybe there really is a Light in the Shadow...

Lost at Mind
A young boy of unimaginable mental power falls deep into a coma. Soon afterward, strange things begin happening. Creatures from the books he has written are being spotted, and people are beginning to change. One day, five of his friends wake up in a completely new world. The world of Kranin, where his stories take place. They are forced to adapt to his fantasy world and find him at all costs. But it appears that this world is just as real as the one they left, and that perhaps dreams can hurt you.

The Lost Crossroad, the sequel to Lost at Mind
It’s been years since the child known as Ronald Corvitz turned the lives of his friends upside by accidentally dragging them into his imaginary world of Kranin. All four of them have had to live with the guilt of killing their best friend, in order to regain their connection with reality. But it seems the sacrifice wasn’t enough. The four meet again as they all begin noticing odd things happening around them. The world is slowly starting to resemble Kranin, the imaginary world of the late Ronald Corvitz, a boy who had strange powers. Now they must find the source of this new world, and stop it. Now if only they could come to terms with killing their friend the first time, maybe they’ll find the strength to do it, one last time.

Past Conflicts
The past of a small boy is packed with violence and suppression. As the boy grows, so does his mind and hatred of the world. He becomes a grown man, but is both afraid to be forgotten like a ghost, and afraid to become too attached to anyone, which leads to his unsuccessful relationships and jobs. A single woman meets this slightly disturbed man, and instantly feels a connection. Her own past is almost as dark as his, and she tries desperately to bring the man she loves out of the dark. Both fighting and crying for help, the man is torn between what he wants and his hatred for people. Slowly but surely, he begins to realize how amazing he really is, able to write stories that can inspire, depress, or even anger. But will the woman be able to crack the shield he has built against the world? Or will his past conflicts prove too great for him to overcome?

Truth Hunter
Behind the curtain of the ‘real world’ lies a world of magic, death, and evil. Witches, an ancient branch of the human race with unimaginable power, have, since the beginning of time, been intent on becoming the supreme rulers of their ‘lesser cousins’. They barely think once about killing innocents, let alone twice. The only thing keeping the regular, normal people from slavery is yet another branch of human, known only as the Hunters. Born with unnatural physical and mental ability, these brave men and women fight an underground war against their sinister counterparts. But the war isn’t as clean fought as the Hunters try to make it look. Jacqueline, an 18 year-old hunter reveals a ghastly secret that the Hunters have been keeping for a long time. Outlawed from her own people, she finds she can trust no one, not even her partner, and co-outlaw Michael. Desperately trying to bring the Hunters back to a clean fight, she races against the leaders of the race to prove that she is no criminal, just too smart.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Beyond Death's Door

Sweet, sweet idea. Unfortunately, you forgot the mindless skeleton behemoth of the troupe...most of them are variations of a ghost. Nonetheless, an all-undead town is quite unique and satisfactory :D

Dark Rituals

Interesting. I'd like to see this turned into a map :)

The Demonic Angel

Quite good, but you messed up. Demons ARE fallen angels. Imps are those converted from the faith. Aka, calling him half-demon half-angel is somewhat REDUNDANT. You can, however, call him the Reborn Demon or the Redeemed Once-Fallen Angel. It's probably too late to change it though, just saying that if you want to go through with this cool plot and story that you change the wording of the protagonist's title. Nice borrowing from Grandia...the evil brother :)

Dang, I don't have the brainpower to review the rest without just saying great job :banghead:

But there I said it, they are all great ideas for a story. But, you might want to consider one or two other cliches to go by besides the challenged protagonist, challenged by either his blood or his disease.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Rinpun, you're speaking on the behalf of OLD traditions...Some of the stories are from MY world of Kranin, and therefore, my word is law! :p Demons are actually a seperate race, with their own history, language, customs, all that. They were created by the God of Evil, while the Angels were created by the evil God's sister, the Goddess of Good...Those two are known as the Kranin Balance...So some of what you may think on a regular basis does not apply to these stories...

Oh, and as for the comment about all my Undead heroes of Beyond Death's Door being ghostly variations, that too is wrong. a Wight is a very solid creature indeed, as is the Vampire. Banshees aren't spirits, though Blizzard did put that spin on them...You must remember that with every new author, there can be a new version of even the oldest of myths. Take the Vampires in the Stinda triology, for example. So many authors have written stories about Vampires who are dissolved by sunlight and scarred by holy water, but mine are not...You can't be narrow minded with fantasy, because it is NOT real, and therefore, there is no base or structure, really...

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I do suppose you have your own spin on things. The definition of both Wraiths and Banshee contain spirit/ghost. Wights, however, are just heroes of might and magic standard, among other standards, and for some reason are also ghosts, and lesser forms of Wraiths. Anyway, yea.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I'm not sure where the basics of your mythical creature knowledge came from, but my own came mainly from mythology itself, and the new spin is mostly from DnD, which I love very much for the range of ideas. A Banshee IS a spirit, that is true. However, this does not make her a ghost, as Ghosts are classified as Astral creatures with no physical body. Wights are also solid forms. They're known for being outstandingly strong, and when they slay a foe with their bare hands, the foe is to rise up as a Wight, under the control of his own killer.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Little notice: Me, my father and mother just got done painting what will eventually be my new room! :D Hence my long absence from the forum...

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
...Long...absence?

:cool:

:eek:

:rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

:D :D :D :D :D :D

You've been missing for 20 hours, I scarcely call that absence :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Lol, keep in mind who you're talking about though. I'm typically always on the forum (not always paying attention, but I'm typically online) so 20 hours is quite a while for me! :p

I try to stay on the forum as much as possible because I try to answer as many questions as I can...There have been times were there are 20 questions all at once. For the most part, I can't answer the questions directly, but I do try to at least set a person in the right direction...Just trying to do my part, I guess! :D So yeah, 20 horus = long time, for me :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
I've a question for all you people out there...

I don't exactly get the 'moved' thing...It says moved, but it's still here...

Also, WHY has the thread been 'moved'?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.