The World Editor Relief

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Lol, ok, Rinpun, Silverhawk and Conan, we have to stop using the World Editor for this type of thread! Get your corny butts here!

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Hahah, hello again. For the moment, I have nothing to comment about :D:D

DM Cross

Reaction score
I know, I almost BET that was going to happen: We talk up a storm in the forum we're not supposed to, but we finally get it right and...'you know what...I don't have much to say anymore...' :p Damn you Irony, why must thou laugh and spit in our poor faces?!

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Haha. I was afraid of that as well. Still, we can simply bump up this thread whenever we have something to talk about.

Maybe you can continue about your novel into RPG here. Read your Beta topic to see my reply and post your reply here (as long as it doesn't have to do with your Beta map) and I'll continue.

DM Cross

Reaction score
*Reads this AFTER replying to his Beta thread* ... Um ... Oops :p

Well, anyway...Guess we can just sort of change the tracks to here, right?

Let's face it, all RPG's are a story, right? Well, a book is a story. A movie is a story. Hell, comic books are a story! So why not make an RPG out of one of my books, that so far, has gotten nothing but good reviews...

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Alexander said:
That's...Interesting?

As far as help, it's not too hard for me to think up a story, I've actually written 2 books...However, they're my crap copies, so I'm rewriting them...Took a break after Chapter 3 of my Corruption book to start messing with this more, and after this map, I might have to take a break from MAKING maps...I'll still be on the forums, though! :D But I do want to get published...Life dream = Be an author...

Good luck with that :)

For me writing's a hobby. I don't consider it as my forte, but I don't consider it as a disadvantage either. My sad problem is I can't think what to specialize in. I have way too many interests, way too little time, way too stupid rules placed on those interests. I have an interest in Biology but I seriously disagree with Evolution. I don't want to have to submit before I can experiment on my interesting theories there. Same thing with writing. Classics is always dead white men. If I DO write a popular book, I can easily turn classic since I'm white and male, but it's upsetting to me that a lot of books miss classicdom because of that, and I don't want to see my books get popular after my death. That's just...wrong in my opinion.

Edit: Don't worry, I noticed that you seemed to have missed the post, so I was typing this up as you were typing what you just said :)

Could you post a brief plot summary of your book? What are the characters who are introduced in "Act I"? What is the main plot, like what happens and such of "Act II"? Finally, how is the plot finished, the villains beat, that sort of thing, and the protagonist faces his problems and fixes them in "Act III"?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Lol, I've known since I was 10 that I wanted to be a writer...I do mostly fantasy, since that's what I started reading. Tolkien, King and a few others if I were to go through my library of a room...They're all amazing, especially Tolkien who seemed to have created his own WORLD with its own HISTORY! That has been my biggest goal, and I've actually acheived it! :D I wish I know where my "Timeline of Kranin" was, but my computer recently spazed...(This isn't mine, it's the office one...Faster, more memory, the whole bit) I know I have it on disk, but FINDING that disk is a chore...

-Edit-

Any special reason you want to know, or just "playing the kitten"?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Playing the kitten? I haven't heard that one before :) But yes, I suppose I'm "curious".

I want to know, simply to determine if your plot's good or not, so that I may comment on it and help you transfer it to your map. I don't think that's a special reason.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Lol, "playing the kitten" means being curious...And don't take offense to the question, that was just me "playing the kitten". :p

Hmm, let me try to explain it without giving away all the plot twists :p

Well, for starters: It's a Vampire book...I've had a fascination with Vampires since ... Forever? lol

This is the 'summary' I wrote for the back of the book...

Corruption goes deep into the vampiric community as assassin Alexander Stinda lies his way into the human world. Elizabeth, a high school junior has accidentally stumbled onto New Blood, the hidden Vampire city. Mistaking the town for a cult gathering, Elizabeth begins working with the local police to investigate the town. Alexander’s job is to infiltrate Elizabeth’s school, get close to her, and eliminate her as quietly as possible. But things become complicated when Alexander runs into Thomas, and old rival from his past. Things become even blurrier when he begins to have feelings for his target, and her best friend Jessica, who makes his life difficult by trying to understand him. Then, things get dangerous as the Vampires of New Blood feel Alexander is losing his touch, and taking too long. Can Alexander turn away from a thousand years of blood lust? Or will the new Vampire assassin pick up where Alexander left off, with her much more direct approach of ‘kill now, sort everything else out later’?

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
I also want to be a writer, or am at least considering it. I will be interested to see what youve got as well.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Hey, Shadowy, why don't you reg? :D Then you can use that wonderful little edit button ;)

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
:( :( :( my dam e-mail address is broken, and I can't get another or fix this one for a while --- but im happy listening to you guys lol

DM Cross

Reaction score
It's not "my" thread, and sure, always looking for new talent...I myself do quite a bit, I've written 67 poems, one of which, "Nightmare" was published in a book called Invoking the Muse! :D www.poetry.com search the name "Kevin Pinaha".

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I knew it meant curious. I just, for whatever reason, haven't heard that expression before.

Not bad. I personally haven't created a vampire story, but that sounds like a good basis.

The main question I have though is, what is your opinion of Vampires? There are many different myths, but which one is yours? Are they affected by night/day? Are they hurt by special weapons? How does their blood system work? Do they need to suck blood to live, is it a passtime, or are just plain forced to in the form of "lust"?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Uh, Alexander, I thought that most of poetry.com is a scam. I don't mean to burst your bubble, but I have received notices on other forums of problems. Just don't pay money to have your poem book delivered to you, it usually never does.

Nonetheless, good poem :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
All good questions, which I actually have answers to...

Are Vampires evil? No, but that doesn't make them good either...Being a Vampire doesn't make you more or less evil then being human, really...Think about it, Humans consume other animals to survive...So do Vampires...Human blood isn't the only blood they feed off of, maybe it's easier, maybe it's sweeter/better tasting/whathaveyou...

No, MY Vampires have gotten rid of a lot of the old classic myths...They walk in the sunlight, they can enter a church, holy water has no effect...Now, most people say to me "well, then, how come they don't rule over us? They're so damn good, what's stopping them?" Guardians. Humans, in my Vampire series, are not the only type of homo-sapien on the earth. There was a total of 4:
Guardians
Hunters
Witches (Wiccans)
Humans
Then, the Vampires were a creation of the Witches (there's a story behind that that is ALSO a book of mine: Illusions)

Blood system? They need it...But yes, there's lust there, too...The thrill of the feed, it's very primal. But does that make them more animalistic, or just more natural? That, my friend :D is the reader's opinion!

Edit

In reference to Poetry.com: You're right, lol...I didn't mind paying though...And hey :D I've got a lot more poetry that I can publish on my own! So hey, screw poetry.com, right? :p

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Cant really see where you are now but ill go ahead and post this one anyways :p

The Mind

The mind is a vortex / of crystal cortex / It will suck you in and deposit you somewhere else / The mind is a labyrinth of / twisting thoughts, shifting dreams, myraid visions / The mind is an ocean / deep and always in motion

How do you like it :D Not one of my best but I still like it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.