The_Idea's Hero Defense

B

Burning_Drag

A M A Z I N G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really cool!!! You've done a good work!
i tested the vampire. she's very nice!
I'll try the others later!

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Just played on medium. (btw i love this game and i plan to test it on every stage of its making)

First i tryed the hammer guy. Nices moves the chain lighting thing has a sweet sfx it is good on normal lvls (i only got to lvl 5 though) once more i got owned mostly becuase i got stuck in the enemys, he would own with a partner.

Then i used the Vampiress, she is sweet, i got owned though lol. The stat thing didnt save me. No complaints about her though as it was my first game on medium.

Last i used Elemantal Mage i realy love this guy. Massive damage so many AoE spells its like contanst casting and the spamable water blast (which i notice is your screen shot). I got to lvl 26, armor was insanly hard with him and so was speed.

No real complaints/sugjestions on heros they all have their +s and -s.

Spelling
lvl 1- "to" should be "too"
lvl 2- "better don't" should be "better not to"
lvl 3- "surely looks" i dont know what it is about this comment but it sounds wrong somehow, i would revise it.
i saw no other spelling mistakes.

Tornado is cool! Vampiress day/night thing is sweet! Hammer dude icons pwn! Spamable expolsions are uber ;)!

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm dutch and 15 years old, so a few english spelling errors should be ok =). I also don't have the language feeling that native speakers have, so I can't "hear if it sounds right". Anyway, your spell checking is helpful, will fix it for the next version. I might call the next version beta, as this map is getting too matured to be called alpha =).

And thanks for playing the map and posting comments on it!

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
I was going to test it, but my computer gets an error that says that there isn't "enough storage to process this command" when I try to load the map. :(

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
Didn't help. :( It gets the error right at the beginning, when the loading box says "Loading level info".

I think it's a problem with either the map or my WE. I'm using a PC with Windows XP and I have 1 gig of ram.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Werid i have no probelms... mabey remove your copy of TIHD and redownload it, it could be download probelm.

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
"I think it's a problem with either the map or my WE."

WE? Please read the intro post:

"It is protected (sorry, but I do not want it to be stolen in this phase, will make it open-source someday) and WEU so don't be surprised if you can't open it with the world editor."

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
Grurf said:
WE? Please read the intro post:

"It is protected (sorry, but I do not want it to be stolen in this phase, will make it open-source someday) and WEU so don't be surprised if you can't open it with the world editor."
Ahhh, I'm so stupid. I remember reading that. It's probably because I never play Warcraft, I just make maps for it. So I always open the maps in the editor to test them. :rolleyes:

B

Burning_Drag

You shouldn't forget that you can protect the maps!!, it unables you to open it in the WE.... if you're a newbie...

Sargon

Reaction score
He did protect it.

R

Ruination

This is a very cool game man. Did you make this all by yourself, if I may ask?

Clawmage:First I'll say a few words about my experience as the clawmage. I lost at level 6, on easy. Now, I never tried the death chain ability, so maybe that was where his power lies, but using the other abilities I was powerless. The meteor strikes just weren't enough damage I guess. And the timestop just wasn't long enough. I dunno, do what you will with that bit of info.

The Vampiress: I love how her glow changes from night and day. If drain essence is temporary, could you get the bonuses to show in yellow? And perhaps some kind of effect like dispel or disenchant. As it is, I can't tell anything happens unless I carefully watch my stats...and sometimes when I did that, I didn't notice a change. Also, is increased range the best thing to increase for this ability? By level 20 of the game, I had about 400 for agil and str, and like 600ish for intel. Drain essence added 3 or 4 to each stat(I think) which was minscule by those standards. If it is not as effective late-game that is perfectly fine too--just sharing what I noticed.

Field of the fallen: Freakin' cool. When I saw this for the first time I almost ished my pants. Very well done effect. Maybe play out the banshee sound effect a tad more, and maybe a tad more often. The last levels of it maybe lasted a tad long :p

The Sun Warrior: I loved this guy! What a cool model and immolation effect. The whole power of the sun thing is really unique too. I noticed a few grammatical...not mistakes, but...well grammatical fixer-uppers :p For burning skin, I suggest you put: ...so much that he became immune to fire and he can just let his skin burn. For the cactus, the word its doesn't get an aprostrophe for posession. "It's" is only for "it is". Something belonging to "it" is just "its". Makes no sense I know. For sunbeam, change heat to hot.

A suggestion for the sun abilities. Maybe an additional sound effect when the beams strike the enemies. Something like the brewmaster's ultimate. Something that gives the sense of heat, or explosion, or impact. But I wouldn't remove the current sound, it is also good. And I also wouldn't make it something so overpowering like a building explosion. Just something to show some damage happening to the enemies.

When I cast sunrays, the sun warrior paused for maybe two seconds afterward. It is because the casting time is a bit too long. This took time away for me to attack while the enemies were stunned. Also, the stun didn't always work but it worked 90% of the time.

Great Work! I wish I were better at this stuff because I'd love to offer to help you with this. But alas, I am a mere noob.

Sargon

Reaction score
I played on easy with the Troll Blade-whatever (forgot his exact name). What I found was that the only decent non-ultimate abilities are Aim for Weak Spots and Bloodrage. The windwalk ability is basically only useful for moving through people, so you only need one level in that (until you've maxed Bloodrage and Aim for Weak Spots), and Meditate or whatever is almost completely useless. Actually, it's only useful for the attack rounds, and not even very useful then. You can get by quite well just using Weak Spots and Bloodrage, and just keeping a constant cast of Bloodrage on (as soon as you can cast again, do so).

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
@Ruination: Thanks for the review! Will look at all that stuff when making the next version. You are right that every spell should have some kind of effect to show it's working.

@Sargon: I agree in that dimension walk is mostly useful for walking through enemies, but meditate is actually quite useful, too, IMHO. It does a nice amount of AOE damage. Maybe I should put some effects in that area so you can actually see that it is damaging the enemies.

N

nosleep

the map

I tried the map.it is really good. Its fun and interesting. But the items are few and i think it will be better if there were more items........... Grurf wassup man its your frend from Battle net Gesha .

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ok, gotta finish the next version soon. More items sounds like a good idea. Could somebody please post another review, as I want the next version to be beta.

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Bump

Added progress bars to give ya all an idea how far the beta 1 version is done. I will keep updating it, so watch this thread now and then.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Cool!

Wow that map is fun! but i lost on easy :p Im making something likes this, but i still haven't released a beta version of it, the Vampire thingy is probably too good though lol becasue i used the drain thingy which increases my stats and by the end of a level i got about + 50 stats

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.