TheHelper MMORPG

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
So.. over the past 2 weeks, I have been working on a MMORPG Engine, right now, I am working on a MMORPG based somewhat on TheHelper. NiKaNoRoU_GR actually inspired me because of his TheHelper wc3 map he thought a long time ago. At the moment I am using tiles and sprites. I did not make the sprites, only some of the tiles. In the future I plan to design 3-D models for it but stick with tiles. Might look awkward, but I'll find a way.

At the moment, I have a few things developed including;

Inventory
Spells
Classes
Account Creation
Login
Server Connection
Health / Mana
Attributes
Equipment
NPC
Quests

Things to be done include;
Mapping
Scripting
Dungeons
More Items
More NPCs
More Quests
Alot more "Mores"
Server Capacity
Show attached equipment
PvP

Here are some screenshots;
northvalleyhm8.jpg

stafftentwa0.jpg

outsidethestafftentlb9.jpg

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It just looks like RPGMaker :rolleyes:

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
I wanna play this so I can 0wn all those n00b5 w1th my 1337ne55

Lol..Seriously..that looks pretty cool

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
you'l need a block version of my avatar for me to play :p

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
If you plan to add in most of TH, don't use my current avatar.
Use this.
untitled.jpg

Oninuva

Reaction score
Yes this will be a MMORPG, I am trying to see how many people I can fit on my current server. I will need some testers to test server loads later. Also suggestions can be given.

kc102, I will add that to the models.

for others, you will need a image like kc102's before I can add it. There will be plenty to choose from!

Reaction score
DId you make all this by your self?? that means only with notesblock

I don't know what "notesblock" is, but if you are interested in making simple games you can do so with C++ and the Allegro library. If you use Dev-C++ (or one of its successors) you can use the package manager to download the Allegro DevPak and some example code. The library itself should be compatible with most compilers.

Reaction score
sry ment notepad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notepad

can it be done in notepad?

You can write programs using notepad, but they won't actually do anything until you have compiled them. You are much better off using an IDE like Visual C++ or Dev-Cpp which gives you a nice graphical interface to write, compile and link your programs.

If you want to actually write an executable in notepad, then it probably isn't possible, but I guess you could do so with a hex editor (see spoiler) if you really wanted to.

Code:
EB 25 68 65 6C 6C 6F 20 77 6F 72 6C 64 20 68 65 6C 6C 6F 20 77 6F 72 6C 64 20 68 65 6C 6C 6F 20 77 6F 72 6C 0D 0A 24 BA 02 01 B4 09 CD 21 B8 01 4C CD 21

The hex above, if run from command line as a .com (DOS executable) would output "hello world hello world hello worl
" to the screen (probably won't work on all machines).

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
I already have some experience with HTML, just wanted to see if there were anything specific

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I thought you might add like, 20 of us as a marathon boss at the very end of your MMO that you have to take on 1 at a time (kinda like Kingdom Heart's colosseum).

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Looks great so far! I kinda thought wat sephiroth though :) , and how do you make an engine anyway?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Looks cool man, what are you using?
If you plan on making a 3D engine, check out
http://panda3d.org/

It's pretty nice stuff.
Also, contact me if you need any help scripting stuff. ;)

Oninuva

Reaction score
I thought you might add like, 20 of us as a marathon boss at the very end of your MMO that you have to take on 1 at a time (kinda like Kingdom Heart's colosseum).

That can be arranged ;)

Also, I am currently coding this in VB. DDRtist, thanks for the Engine, I'll take a look and see if it's any use.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.