Things you notice in beta that you like /dislike / interested in

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I've noticed a few things in beta videos so far.

1. arcane power regen for wizard seems insane. I'm assuming that it's turned up for beta purposes. The big aoe abilities have cd's so that's pretty cool. It could also be that regen is nicer in easier modes of play. I saw an item that gave +2 regen or something like that in a video which is useless with the regen that i'm seeing now, so again, I assume it's tuned differently atm.

2. monk seems pretty difficult to play from the brief videos i've seen. I'm totally excited to play one, just saying that the nature of the monk as a combo fighter with lower hp seems difficult to grasp when a ton of monsters are up in your face. :) I haven't seen any of the aoe abilities yet though. The ability where the monk can hit enemies from farther away than normal is pretty neat though!

3. There doesn't seem to be any "report problem" buttons popping up anywhere. The game seems extremely fleshed out and polished imo. I'm thinking a 2011 release is entirely possible. I think the beta is just to stress test and push people's interests in playing. There seem to be a good few items that need artwork, but that seems pretty small to me. I'm seeing a beautiful ui that seems easy to navigate, a polished crafting system, questing system, and beautiful integration of audio-lore that can be replayed from the small icon that shows up whenever it is being played. Controls look great, game seems smooth and ready to go.

4. "electrocute" seems to be too good to be true. It has amazing tracking and seems easy to aim, and bounces off of enemies onto other enemies very well. It also fires from really far away, has a small mana cost, and high damage output. The spell seems like the biggest no-brainer ever. XD

5. GRAPHICS LOOK AMAZING! The new engine is the nicest thing ever. The lighting is perfect, the depth is amazing! There are small touches of birds flying away from trees and buildings falling apart. seriously, a zombie scaled the side of a cliff before jumping up and fighting. This engine looks amazing and I would like to reiterate that the game doesn't look "cartoony" at all. It's perfect.

6. It's a bit more theatrical than d2 so far as I can see. The Blizzcon demo last year had us in a typical d2 style dungeon with a lot more monsters; with mages throwing stuff through caged jail cells, etc. This seems to be much more centered around small groups crawling out of the shadows and lore unfolding. Again, I assume this is just to ease players into the rest of the game while you learn your skills and level up a bit. They have said they plan on putting even larger waves than we have seen in d2. I hope this is true. :)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
One thing I noticed is that no one seems to be using the FUCKING AWESOME Barbarian spells, which is shame, because I really wanted to see those in action.
Other than that, I am trying to not watch too much beta content, since I want to save it for later :)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Same. Recently ago, I decided that the more I inform myself about DIII the more of the game I won't discover while playing, and I don't want to deny myself that feeling, some of you might have noticed the lack of my presence in the past 2-3 weeks :)

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
1. The range to auto-pick-up gold seems really small, it looks like players have to practically walk over a pile of gold to pick it up. It makes sense, but as far as game practicality goes, I think they could probably increase the range a little bit.

2. The monk does seem like a more difficult class. I imagine that when a player does master it however, its potential is amazing.

3. The new skill UI after the recent beta patch is much better!

4. I never cared much for the Witch Doctor, but after watching it in the beta videos, it looks like a lot of fun!

5. I love the audio from the quest scrolls. It reminds me a lot of the radio recordings you find in Bioshock. Absolutely awesome!

Those are all the things I can think of at the moment. I agree with everything Dan said.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
1. The range to auto-pick-up gold seems really small, it looks like players have to practically walk over a pile of gold to pick it up. It makes sense, but as far as game practicality goes, I think they could probably increase the range a little bit.

I noticed this too. Something I noticed from a video is that if your follower walks over gold then you get it. Also, if you walk over the body while it is dying, even if you pass it after the gold drops, it still seems to give you the gold. Honestly, though, I am not really tripping in the slightest given that we don't have to manually click gold anymore!

I think it's funny that gold drops from everything. Tree stumps/loose floor tiles/etc. XD Oh and one other gold related thing: The "leprechaun" monsters (I don't know what they are called) are so cool! They are the ones that run around dropping a trail of gold until you kill them. So funny!

7. The inventory system is GREAT! When you open up your inventory, it flashes all the items that you have recently picked up. I think this is brilliant. Also, most items seem to take up two squares vertically! It's looking like a lot of the trouble of keeping your inventory clean has been addressed. The lack of potions alone clears up a ton of room! The "sell" and "scrap" options straight from the inventory saves a lot of time as well. I just love the inventory system that they have come up with!!!

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
have yet to watch any released gameplay. im not even going to watch any force videos. the reason being that blizzard has stated that they would announce all systems before the beta and since beta started all that i am going to get from videos now is simply spoilers which i dont want. (still going to post stuff as it comes out, just dont expect me to have seen/read it :p )

also on the note of the spoilers i didnt read any of your numbered points just cuz

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.