'This application has encountered a critical error:'....UGH!

F

FxDx

Same kinda of problem over here.

I don't know what's wrong, but I think it might be related to the network. It only crashes when I'm online. It once crashed while I was waiting for players to join the game. And I don't think it's a hardware problem. My system uptime is now 27 days. I also did a RAM test (no errors found) and dusted my PC. I am out of idea of what to try and fix.

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
i have same problem but don't worry about if it happens the inter game drops out it happens to me mainly on LAN if i drop out my bro does too with same error
it's a blizzard fault the say how to fix it don't use WE but u still get the problems
we have a PC with 512mb it gets this error
we have a PC with 1gb ram we still get the error
I have a PC with 2gb ram i don't the error yet!!!

E

Evero

FATAL ERROR in Warcraft 3 is caused by memory leaks in the maps. Most maps have small memory leaks, that doesn't usually cause any faral errors, but apparently to you, and some maps contain larger leaks that will make every player get this message.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Weee, old thread :D

Back on topic: Seems that low ram + Memory leaks = Crash.

F

FxDx

I think I finaly managed to fix something and I was able to play with no crash. I just noticed the "Warcraft III\Errors\" folder, and I found more detail on why and what caused the crash. I've noticed reference to "imon.dll". This file belongs to NOD32, internet monitor. First I just stop scaning but that didn't work, so I had to quit de service. And just to be shure, I used LSP-FIX to remove all connections from windows to this DLL. Be careful when useing LSP-FIX, you can crash the TCP/IP, so be shure you have WinSockFix near. Or simply uninstall NOD32.

So if your crash only ocures while you play on your lan or internet, check for problems with your AV or other programs that can tap into internet protocols.

If I find any thing new I'll let you know.

R

robin1214

help pls...

upon clicking the option menu at the beginning of warcraft application, it suddenly stops and says....

This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: d:\warcraftiii\war3.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:6F021242

The instruction at '0x6F02142' referenced memory at '0x000001F8',
The memory could not be 'read'

Press OK to terminate the application.

PLS HELP!!!! TY

C

Crash

If you are not concerned about a slight graphics reduction you can use this registry editor file http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3/other/war3.reg
that will make a few registry key modifications and you should be rid of this error. In regards to blue screens only while playing games online, I will assume you are using a router if you are try disabling "IPSec" within your router.

Hope that helps,
Crash

B

Babuchi

New RAM new problems

I have same problems and i know it is my ram cause the problem started happening yesterday when the ram was installed. I cannot play world of war craft or War craft 3 without it crashing after an hour or so.

IS there any solution other then replacing the ram?
This is the 3rd ram stick i have bought in 1 month and i seem incapable of finding one that will not mess up my computer in some way or the other.:banghead:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
This error is a mistimed Ram error. The speed of the Ram on older systems was compromised when mismatched Ram was put into computers and this was a main reason for these error messages back in the day but nobody knew about Ram speed then everything was supposed to be plug and play. These days, I am talking 2022 if you are getting this error you need to tweak your ram settings in your emulator or make sure all your Ram is matched if you are using a classic setup. This can also be a chip overheat problem, another one of the real hard to diagnose back in the day problems. Make sure you are not using a badly overclocked classic system.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.