Thor's problem

t'kron

Rest in Peace My Friend
Reaction score
my game crashes whenever i leave the town of harrogath in act v

as soon as i walk out the gate, d2 crashes to windows with an error message saying my d2exp.mpq is corrupted.

i havent even been able to play act v due to this error.

i've tried the following to fix it but it hasnt helped...
- reinstalling
- copying d2exp.mpq to game folder (also tried using diff cd's and cdrom drives)
- updating drivers
- software mode and basic settings

any help would be great

thanks

Thor

T

Thor

thanks t'kron

i thought it might be better to stick it with a similar problem but i suppose you know best :)

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
when u reinstalled did u make sure there where no refferences in the registry ?
Is this a realm char ? i seen some ppl having major probs with realms and certain acts on bnet . including ppl losing entire acts . weird

T

Thor

Wargasm - this is single player, so i'm assuming that the problem would occur for b.net as well

re: the registry - no that slipped my mind. should i just search thru the registry for all references to diablo or is there a reg cleanup somewhere for it?

S

Swilo

It sounds like there's an error in the mpq file that links to the enemy or terrain data. Try getting in an open game and using a waypoint to go beyond the Bloody Foothills and see if it still happens. If it happens everywhere then the whole game is messed up, if it only happens in certain areas then just one portion of the mpq is corrupted.
If it's just certain areas then getting the file from someone else may help. If it's everywhere then you'll probably need a new CD.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.