Thoughts on this new idea i have :D

sylvannis mb

Reaction score
Ok well i'm not sure if anyone thinks this is a good idea, or even possible, but what about a map that starts out with you having one "caveman" and you can collect stuff to get gold to build a hut, which periodically spawns another caveman. However, when the unit is spawned, it takes evolution into account, and there is a small chance that a random mutation might effect the unit, which may be beneficial or problematic. The new unit also builds its own kind of hut, which spawn more of its own species, however they may also undergo further mutation.
The objective of the game is to survive in a large map against other players, and grow your people, and watch as they evolve, and trying to build the strongest race.

I understand that this would require quite a lot of triggering as well as a LOT of custom units to match each genetic mutation that occurs to a unit, but i think this could be a fun game.

I thought that the mutatins could come as just cosmetic mutations, as well as mutations that affect how the unit lives, such as giving a unit gills, which makes it able to live in water (other units drown if they stay in the water too long) etc.

Any1 who thinks this is a good idea let me know. I may end up getting a team together to make it lol :D but prob not, might just be throwing an idea out there that may inspire someone elses map.

PS: if this turns out as a huge map with many ppl playing i claim credit XD

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Seems interesting. But it would be a HUGE problem to code, since evolution has no limits. How would you ensure that there are enough evolutions for a whole game?

TomTTT

Reaction score
Seems interesting. But it would be a HUGE problem to code, since evolution has no limits. How would you ensure that there are enough evolutions for a whole game?

I find this idea VERY nice, and as I say to everyone - only if it's in the right hands. If you have the full idea in your head, knowing what you are going to do, it will be great. Thinking of it I really want to play a game like it. The only thing you should do is make pros and cons for each race. One must be underwater, one must be on the surface. But the ability to get them effective in combat will be by the player, not by "IF I IS LUKY DEN ME WINZ WID GOOD RACE"...
@KaerfNomekop
Make a loop. There's a chance of every race to turn back to the original, or to one that already exists. You shouldn't make it lke
.......Unit
....[Evolves]
..Unit 1 , Unit 2
And so on, the unit 1 might turn to 3 or 4, and unit 2 might turn into 5 or 6, and those will turn and those... It will be endless. Make it a loop!

sylvannis mb

Reaction score
hmm yeah the main limitations i was thinking of was how to ensure that a person cant just keep many races alive at the same time, as well as how to limit the number of units on the map.

I was thinking of adding an ageing variable, and each unit will only live a certain length of time, which is based on the survivability of the unit, so there could be races that live long times, as well as races that only exist for a very short time.

Also, im a terrible terrain designer, so if anyone wants to undertake a massive map (largest size) and put water, grasslands, ocean, lava, sand and any kinds of special terrain they can think of such as inide volcanoes etc.

The loop idea is a great one, i haden't really thought of that, but there will still need to be loads of units. The great thing about it though is that even if the number of possible mutations is under 100, it is still very unlikely that a person will see them all in a game so it will make it feel more randomised.

I also think it would be hillarious to see a person getting a genetic mutation that only allows underwater living, and watching as he tries to sprint across the map to the ocean as the units health slowly drops :D
lol im sadistic.

Another idea i had was that depending on where the unit is spawned, different genetic mutations have a SLIGHTLY higher chance of occuring, such as that if a unit is born on the water, it has a higher chance of being born fully aquatic rather than amphibious.

Hmmm you've all got me excited about this massive undertaking lol

sylvannis mb

Reaction score
any help i can get is great. I do PLAN on making it lol but i will be busy for a while l8ly coz im moving into uni. Umm im not sure how ppl plan on helping, but yeh if any1 designs the terrain that would be amazing, and any1 who has loads of ideas on types of evolution, as well as how they can be shown.

Also can som1 tell me if i make a whole map with the triggers and units and everything but i havent done the terrain, can i insert the terrain onto the map?

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
I made a witchdoctor jungle type map for neurotoxin but i believe he isn't using it anymore so il upload it here :)

Attachments

• Witch Dr 2.w3x
    132.3 KB · Views: 190

sylvannis mb

Reaction score
kk thx guys, and thx for the witch doctor map sajin. Im not sure if i'll use it or not, just because i dont think it has enough variations in terrain type. If anyone wants to help, is it possible for someone else to make a unit and for me to import that unit straight to my map. I dont need every1 to make everything for me, but i think the best way to help would just be to help make the large variety of units.

Im thinking of making different tier units as well, so that not only do they change in how they live, but they eventually get stronger.

Also im gonna make several species need the same resources or habitat, so that if two people evolve to those species, they will need to fight for the resource.

If anyone knows a way to import units to my map without overwriting the ones ive already made, let me know :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.