US News Thousands of desperate Texans wait in line at drive-thru food bank

The Helper

Administrator
Staff member

Thousands of families lined up to receive groceries at a Texas food bank this weekend, some queuing for as long as 12 hours as the on-going coronavirus pandemic continues to inflict hunger and economic hardships on the state.

The food bank distribution event, held by North Texas Food Bank (NTFB) in Dallas on Saturday, saw 600,000 pounds of food given away – including 7,000 turkeys.

It is hoped enough food was given out to feed around 25,000 people.

Photos of the event show thousands of cars backed up in four lines outside of Fair Park on Saturday morning.

NTFB spokeswoman Anna Kurian said the turn out shows that the need for food ‘has certainly increased’ in the state amid the pandemic.

‘Forty percent of the folks coming through our partners doors are doing so for the first time,’ Kurian told CNN.

Do you want to read more total BS slant on free turkey check it out https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...food-bank-600-000-pounds-food-given-away.html

--------------------------------------
Dallas is giving away free turkey and there is a line and this is the news they post about it. This is not a true representation of Texas or even anywhere it is just a free food event. The media is so slanted in these days trying to make it look like people are starving in the US and they are NOT! Texas is not even on a lockdown except in El Paso we are all still working as essential workers. I live in Houston and can safely report we are doing fine and wearing our masks and doing our social distancing and business is going on just fine but the media wants to misrepresent an isolated Texas event as and indicator of the US. Watch out for this stuff people. I hope you guys read down to this.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Yeah I had some real suspicions reading this right off the bat... you're telling me that people who can afford cars and gasoline to power them are going hungry? Hmm.
Kudos to the food bank for moving that much food but maybe there needs to be some way to more directly target those who are really in need rather than just a shotgun approach to anyone who shows up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    My boyfriend is super into Bethesda modding so I'm probably going to join him in that for a bit, then move on to making mobile/browser games.
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    I mostly just want to look at my old projects because I know I posted uploads on here somewhere.
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    My one game was basically Among Us but you sabotaged an entire medieval city simulated drastically inefficiently with dynamic NPCs :S
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    of course I never finished it x D
  • jonas jonas:
    xD
  • jonas jonas:
    I think you can still run the original game, just there's a chance your map won't work with the newer patches
  • jonas jonas:
    what development framework have you been looking at for mobile development?
  • jonas jonas:
    I'm currently creating (as a hobby) a space invaders like game for mobile using Xamarin, after starting a few larger projects that I also may not have finished :rolleyes::p
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Awesome! you should look at the Atari VCS platform it does not have a huge user base but the one it has is super active at around 11k and they have no games in there store
  • The Helper The Helper:
    basically it is linux
  • The Helper The Helper:
    OMG it is BanLord as Blackveiled on the forum
  • The Helper The Helper:
    what is up buddy
  • jonas jonas:
    thanks for the tip, that sounds cool. Never heard about the VCS before but seems like it should be a good match
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The winter vacation left a toll on me. I missed staying up late and sleeping in late.
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    i haven't looked into it yet
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    If I could use something Python compatible it would save me some learning
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    But Unity might be easiest
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    looking at old posts here makes me happy. Makes me be all like "wow I was pretty smart in 2009"
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    mostly failing at life through adulthood really demotivated me for a while
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    ....what I don't get is why the fuck they would force us to permanently convert to a version of the game everyone fucking hated : \
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    Raid Shadow Legends texture pack smh
  • jonas jonas:
    Most people fail at life throughout their adulthood. Sometimes we get to learn from it. Usually it just feels like crap.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What does not kill you makes you stronger is what they say
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    for real! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome