US News Thousands of desperate Texans wait in line at drive-thru food bank

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
35733212-8953859-image-a-1_1605536214134.jpg

Thousands of families lined up to receive groceries at a Texas food bank this weekend, some queuing for as long as 12 hours as the on-going coronavirus pandemic continues to inflict hunger and economic hardships on the state.

The food bank distribution event, held by North Texas Food Bank (NTFB) in Dallas on Saturday, saw 600,000 pounds of food given away – including 7,000 turkeys.

It is hoped enough food was given out to feed around 25,000 people.

Photos of the event show thousands of cars backed up in four lines outside of Fair Park on Saturday morning.

NTFB spokeswoman Anna Kurian said the turn out shows that the need for food ‘has certainly increased’ in the state amid the pandemic.

‘Forty percent of the folks coming through our partners doors are doing so for the first time,’ Kurian told CNN.

Do you want to read more total BS slant on free turkey check it out:

--------------------------------------
Dallas is giving away free turkey and there is a line and this is the news they post about it. This is not a true representation of Texas or even anywhere it is just a free food event. The media is so slanted in these days trying to make it look like people are starving in the US and they are NOT! Texas is not even on a lockdown except in El Paso we are all still working as essential workers. I live in Houston and can safely report we are doing fine and wearing our masks and doing our social distancing and business is going on just fine but the media wants to misrepresent an isolated Texas event as and indicator of the US. Watch out for this stuff people. I hope you guys read down to this.

Last edited:

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I had some real suspicions reading this right off the bat... you're telling me that people who can afford cars and gasoline to power them are going hungry? Hmm.
Kudos to the food bank for moving that much food but maybe there needs to be some way to more directly target those who are really in need rather than just a shotgun approach to anyone who shows up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.