thread about everything FOOTMEN FRENZY

M

maryjohn

ok, this is a thread about footies, i think the best tank hero is demon hunter because immoltion does 130 damage per second not to metion evasion, his ultimate, and if u get claws and potions and mask, guants, totem, u know, it also helps if u or som1 else gets death healer and goes into bases with ur demon hunter..... if ur whole team get avalanche then u will be able to get hero kills pretty easily,it's all teamwork,
if u get a tank hero i STRONLY suggest that you tech until tier one or two so that som1 doesn't go into ur base and get super easy gold by doing the same thing that u r trying to do, also u want be able to defend ur base if u r in another base.
A pretty good strategy is to get dark ranger and stand near the mana fountain to keep on getting mana because dark arrow eentually cleans u out of mana.

M

maryjohn

If anyone has any questions that you want me to answer i'd be happy to answer them.
TIPS:
...............if none on ur team techs then u will almost surely lose, not to mention feed
..............unless u r very good at that hero dont get the same hero as som1 else on ur team
.................having a balance of a tank, ranged, and sumoner/healer is a good balanced team e.g demon hunter, dark ranger, the witch doctor hero dude(lol forgot his name)
....................some heros may be good in the begining but their usefullness grows old as the game goes on like mk and blade master and demon hunter never really get old, however heroes like archmage,tinker, and seawitch(in my opinion) do get old.
.......................if u r 5 or so levels below that of the highest level hero in the game then u hae a very slim chance of coming back
......................... all u need to do to get food with tank heroes is a one or 2 of those potions that replenish health and mana(u might only need health if u play with avalanche), a tp scroll,full health and mana when u go in, and ur ultimate,(if u hae a hero like the mountain king
........................the worst thing that can happen in footies is to let ur herro die early, nt only r u feeding but r hero will probably be 2-3 levels behind what everyone else is, NEVER let ur hero die and NEVER save up footmen the whole game and send them to somones base because a level 11-18 tank hero with a potion can easily clean out 100 footies in about 3 mins....
.................most people who aren't good in footies dont use any teamwork and dont know how to keep their hero alive,
.................an awesome foolproof strategy will to give out..........

V

VG Emblem

Personally I feel that Footmen Frenzy USED to be a good, fun game around the time of the 3.8 version. Ever since then each release has been less and less fun and some of the changes in the 5.0 series honestly make it seem like the creators are trying their hardest to make the game die off. One thing I can attribute to this is that it was probably in the top 3 most hosted games in its glory days (3.8-4.0) but now it's barely hosted (on Lordaeron anyway).

Ever try Ultimate Footmen? I may be a bit biased since it's my map but I STRONGLY feel it is superior in every single way. The current version is rather dated and has some major problems but a new version is soon to release and it's by no means unplayable either way.[/shameless plug]

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
...............if none on ur team techs then u will almost surely lose, not to mention feed

Wrong. It all depends on the heroes you and the enemies get + the skill of the players. Me and my friend own have owned many times with only the 2 of us (due 'noob' allie, who left) the entire opposing team.

..............unless u r very good at that hero dont get the same hero as som1 else on ur team

Regular Footman is bad. Play all random. Takes more skill. :p

.................having a balance of a tank, ranged, and sumoner/healer is a good balanced team e.g demon hunter, dark ranger, the witch doctor hero dude(lol forgot his name)

A team with 3 hero-killers can own 3 teams, who have no hero killers. A team, who has money-making machines (Naga, Archmage, ect) can eventually own a hero killer team.(Because spell knights own even the strongest hero)

....................some heros may be good in the begining but their usefullness grows old as the game goes on like mk and blade master and demon hunter never really get old, however heroes like archmage,tinker, and seawitch(in my opinion) do get old.

Archmage is devastating with its 'imba' Blizzard.

I have owned better heroes with my Metal Gear hero.

.......................if u r 5 or so levels below that of the highest level hero in the game then u hae a very slim chance of coming back

False. It is possible and the chances are not very slim. I have come back from a from a situation, where I was 8 levels below the highest level.

......................... all u need to do to get food with tank heroes is a one or 2 of those potions that replenish health and mana(u might only need health if u play with avalanche), a tp scroll,full health and mana when u go in, and ur ultimate,(if u hae a hero like the mountain king

Avalanche does not need items. Tech. He has only 4 items slots and the Reincarnation compensates that. Not to mention the 3 auras...

Mountain King. If you are higher by 2-3 levels than the rest and you have level 2 Avatar, of course immolation item plus mana and healing potions == Good game. The avatar and 9999999 second stun for Storm Bolt make a complete chaos.

........................the worst thing that can happen in footies is to let ur herro die early, nt only r u feeding but r hero will probably be 2-3 levels behind what everyone else is, NEVER let ur hero die

Sometimes letting your die is worth the cost. If you have Death Sheep and see a lot of unit, cast Sheep Fall instantly, it is more likely you get more money from killing the units, than enemy from killing your hero. Same for Blade Master, if you see lots of units, cast bladestorm, break the invisibility and maybe if you are lucky, you might even escape from dieing.

and NEVER save up footmen the whole game and send them to somones base because a level 11-18 tank hero with a potion can easily clean out 100 footies in about 3 mins....

True.

.................most people who aren't good in footies dont use any teamwork and dont know how to keep their hero alive,

Everyone has been a beginner...

.................an awesome foolproof strategy will to give out..........

Eventually yes. But in AR (That I play), you have to adopt to a certain situation and cannot relay on your strategy all the time.

Some of my screenshots. (Which totally own)​

Lots of corpses. I mean LOTS.
lotsofcorpses-1.jpg

The penguin item, that costs 12 000.
penguin.jpg

It is possible to win with a Death Sheep, too.
winningwithdeathsheep.jpg

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
hahaha nice...

It makes me want to play footies again.

I've played your footies, VG_Emblem, and the heroes got some serious balance issues. However, I played the .7 version I think, so maybe it was old. All heros had SUPER regen, making them almost impossible to kill. In the end, it was a hero war, so regular units were worthless. The items are overpowerd, even though they were expencive.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Footies in my opinion got bad after version 4.2 halo up totally killed footmen frenzy, no jahood amulet or boots of speed if random?? Footmen is still a very fun game, remember, its not the hero that counts, its how you play it. Its possible to win with any hero, get enough stuff with avalanche like two strikes kill a base, with archers its slow but still effective behind meleers with warden the knife attack to kill the units, shadow strike to kill units, vengence to revive all the corpses invulnerable, then her regular attack is good. Note: still haven't found anything good about the one blood orc on a horse (can't remember his name and sorry about grammar mistakes.)

M

maryjohn

ok

no doubt u r alot more pro than i am andrew. ur posts are very much appreciated, i think having 3 tanks gives other teams the oppurtunity to feed off ur footies unless u have tank and tech which might happen.......... coming back from 5 levels never happens with me...... what do u think the best tank is? what do u think the best ranged is?

Mahucharn

Reaction score
I think best range is halo up and the best melee really depends.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Best Tank: Avalanche
Best Ranged: I'm gonna say Dino Din. His ult is crazy imba
Best Team (IMO): KotG, BM (or Jaood), and Shadow Hunter

Best Teamwork Team: Jaood, Avalanche, and Halp Meh. Imagine a super buffed Avalanche pushing through a base. With beserk AND lightning shock.

risen_jihad

Reaction score
er, get a zepplin and sheep totally owns. Most people dont realize that the zepplin can be hurt or even transmuted, but just zepplin in with 7 foots and starfall. Buy armor of the gods and pray a stray bm wont hack you up. I mostly play 4.2 ar, as it is slightly the most balanced. Ever since then all the units have been so nerfed its not even funny, and heroes can hardly do anything unless you spend at least 3k on them, or plow through early heroes and get a huge lead on them.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
A Dark Ranger owns an Avalanche. Almost always. Life Drain...(Avalanche tends to get stuck in late game, due almost all units are +3 tier units with a medium upgrade, so it takes time to kill them [with immolation])

I personally don't like tanks very much, but I think maxed out Crypt Lord or Demon Hunter are the best tanks. (Even better, if you get good items, too)

Crypt Lords ultimate + Carapace == ownage.
Demon Hunters all skills own.

Well, Fire Lord and Naga are the best ranged heroes, IMO.

Jaood is good, if you get the life steal item + lots of claws. I managed to get 2 pairs of +100 claws plus orb of ice and the life steal item in one game. I have the screenshot somewhere...

Damn, I only have the one, were I still had 1 pair. Later that game, I had 2 pairs of +100 dmg claws, orb of ice and the scroll, which gives +100% damage. (Not the 500 coins, the more costly one) If I remember correctly, the final damage was over 500...Crazy, uh?

Oh, yeah. We owned all with only two of us from the beginning...
Ulticombo.jpg

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
A Dark Ranger owns an Avalanche. Almost always. Life Drain...(Avalanche tends to get stuck in late game, due almost all units are +3 tier units with a medium upgrade, so it takes time to kill them [with immolation])

Yeah, but no Dark ranger, with the Halp Mehs Lightning Buff (you know the one) would bake a very good team. Because that thing does like what, 80 dmg a tick at lvl 6? Walk into a base with that! Also, as for the slowness, get the scrolls of speed, and you'll get a quick boost when nessessary. I think best Items for Ava are Immo cloak, Magic Reduction thinger, followed by +strength.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Well, usually, a player with Dark Ranger can own all single-handedly if he/she knows how to play. (Firstly, max Life Drain and Black Arrow, later, max out Silence. Charm is totally useless. If you are level 18, you should have 2 free skill points to use it on Charm. Use the money from kills to teching.)

Scroll of Speed makes the Avalanche move faster, but it is useful for only escaping or catching a hero, when you know if the attack cooldown has ended.

Mahucharn

Reaction score
Isn't the dark ranger ultimate crap? I know I'd rather have a dark arrow upgrade or life steal or even shadow strike.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Dark Ranger's ult at lvl 3 can be awesome if someone teched. Charm with NO cooldown! However, it'll eat up your mana REALLY fast, too.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
The Dark Ranger is the one who techs and who has the most powerful units. :D It doesn't pay off, what I'm saying.

risen_jihad

Reaction score
Charm maxed out keeps melee units from attacking, as well as ranged units. That is much more powerful than life drain, IMO. Life drain has its uses early game, and black hero maxed out gives abominations. Generally a 6-6-6 with life drain, charm, and life drain is the best way to go. Unless someone is teching at start and getting huge ahead techs and you need to steal some tauren, then i would subract levels from the drain life to put into charm.

Mahucharn

Reaction score
Stampede on Footmen version 10000 levels is so rigged, get a potion of invulnerability or 2 use stampede in a base while immortal and you win, now why would anything be that easy

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Even if you get 1 Tauren, the opponent still has lots of them...

I thought the invulnerability is broken, when a spell is cast.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.