thread about everything FOOTMEN FRENZY

risen_jihad

Reaction score
That's not completely true, some heroes in 4.2 are outrageously overpowered, especially in ar when u cannot control the outcome of your hero selection. You could get archmage on an opponent and if his team knows how to micro and your team has no real hero disables, it could lead to a huge disadvantage. 5.3 had the best hero balancing, but alot of the new features really sucked. The salve was nice, but no base healing made it really dumb imo.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
That's why I love AR - you will never know what hero you and the others will get. :)

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I'm going to create a new footie map right now... Or at least the basic triggers and heroes. I got a spare hour, time to do something with it!

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Lol, good luck... wait footies isn't a very complex trigger map......... just takes long time to put all the terrian and the spawning triggers and ty Andrewgosu for changing your signatures bottem part.

A

Atreides

Well I just like AR b/c people can't spam any imbalanced hero combos-its all luck, and you have to be able to use any hero. Also, creeps to some small degree can offset hero problems. Now apparently in recent versions they made there be no benefit to randoming...wtf?

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
so far I have:
-Most starting triggers done
-2/3ds of a hero done (3 initial abilities. I still need to do tooltips for it though, as well as change some other parts of it)

I'm not a very good map maker, but mine will be as good as I can make it. I don't have much spare time, though.

What'll make my footies map special (If I have the time/energy/knolege to do so, which I probably don't):

1) No normal heroes! Every hero will be custom, mostly because I like making custom heroes :D
2) Backdoors! Each base will have a gate leading "outside" the arena. This will let people attack other places directly. However, there are creep spawns in the way (aslo used for getting gold and leveling) These gates will have lots of HP (I think about 1500 or more, depending) so it'll still be hard to get through
3) Multible modes. -ar for all random, and probably a fast mode, a wierd mode, and other stuff
4) Super creeps spawn from side areas to cause more confusion. These can be turned off.
5) Special Tech trees! I plan to use cool things, like Nagas, Mags, and Zombies for teching.
6) Balance! No more annoying super heroes running into a base and killing everything! (hopefully) and if there is (I plan on a hero that can do this) there will be a good counter.

I probably bit off more than I can chew, but oh well.

Mahucharn

Reaction score
you've inspired me to make a footies game, Footies Revolution

Lord_Phoenix no stealing my name idea

risen_jihad

Reaction score
so far I have:
-Most starting triggers done
-2/3ds of a hero done (3 initial abilities. I still need to do tooltips for it though, as well as change some other parts of it)

I'm not a very good map maker, but mine will be as good as I can make it. I don't have much spare time, though.

What'll make my footies map special (If I have the time/energy/knolege to do so, which I probably don't):

1) No normal heroes! Every hero will be custom, mostly because I like making custom heroes :D
2) Backdoors! Each base will have a gate leading "outside" the arena. This will let people attack other places directly. However, there are creep spawns in the way (aslo used for getting gold and leveling) These gates will have lots of HP (I think about 1500 or more, depending) so it'll still be hard to get through
3) Multible modes. -ar for all random, and probably a fast mode, a wierd mode, and other stuff
4) Super creeps spawn from side areas to cause more confusion. These can be turned off.
5) Special Tech trees! I plan to use cool things, like Nagas, Mags, and Zombies for teching.
6) Balance! No more annoying super heroes running into a base and killing everything! (hopefully) and if there is (I plan on a hero that can do this) there will be a good counter.

I probably bit off more than I can chew, but oh well.

Do gnolls and murlocs!

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Do gnolls and murlocs!

But what would make gnolls and murocs special units? I'm trying to find something that makes each type unique. For example

Naga- powerful, but high gold/ xp per kill. Also probably slower spawn times. Maybe a cleaving blow or slow attack against units?

Zombies- weak, but doublespawns, maybe disease clouds.

well, since todays a snow day, I might as well work on it a bit.

risen_jihad

Reaction score
well, gnolls are just cool...however there isn't really anything that sets them apart. They are generally fairly weak, but in numbers are powerful.

Murlocs, well, since I'm assuming there isn't going to be any water, the only thing that would set them apart would be a slow poison kind of effect on them. Other than that...Yeah, I guess not.

Satyrs are also cool, but nothing reallly seperates them as wel...

however goblins, while they don't really have enough models to import, from, they are a fairly diverse race if you think about it. They are suicididal and always half way out of their mind, leading to a race that can be unstable but has powerful battle effects, such as tinker's summons that explod on death, a generic gnoll that just has a ranged attack. Oh, and goblin shredders

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
1 powerful unit owns 2 less powerful ones. That's why I rarely tech Night Elves tier(Altought with upgraded range and attack, the Glaive Throwers are rather splendid, aren't they?). Knights or Taurens are my weapon of ...mass destruction.

You should make the units equally powerful. 2 weak ones are still 2 weak ones against 1 strong one.:D Well...If you know, what I mean.

risen_jihad

Reaction score
Are we talking 4.2 tauren, or 5.1 tauren? Because in 4.2 the pulverize was insane :/

Anyways the goblins explode on death wouldn't be like 200 or anything by any means, unless their spawn is very slow...it would be like same rate as footmen, and do ~10-15 explosion dmg due to their rate of production

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I was/am thinking of making a Footies game... unfortunatly I lack motivation. I don't lack ideas (but i'm not sharing them), just the motivation. Oh, and I don't have much spare time, and the computer in my house is very much in high demand... :(

Also, when I look at it, it would take a lot longer than you'd think to get such a map done. At least if you have ideas like mine...

M

Marduke

I love Footman Frenzy.

Best custom game on B.net in my opinion. It is pretty balanced overall, so it makes for some fun gameplay.

I was making a Footman Frenzy map a while back, had some unique ideas, I thought - but my hard drive crashed and I lost it all. Currently, I'm working on a map with some Footman Frenzy-like qualities. I think it has potential to be a very fun and popular map.

Mr Zero

Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)
Reaction score
Naa not the biggest fan of Footman Frenzy but ehh playing it once and a while :eek:.
Hearing n00bs crying about how overpowered your hero is (I got Far Sight, and he got Blademaster), and all the items you have is just too rigged. Damn n00bs cry more! Maybe that would help :rolleyes:...

But I like tech-wars style maps more ;).

Mahucharn

Reaction score
I only play ulti footies (when I do play I'm really bored) and thats because I got sucked into Counterstrike 1.6 and Sidmeyer's Civillization 4

M

Metal.Bark

Yeesh :[

First off, the current version of our map is 5.3. Anything past that is a fake.

Secondly, believe me when I say that our balance changes are very well thought-out. It's not really a coincidence that Frenzy has been kept alive for so long.. We have a lot of input from our community, both from casual players and tournament players.

It's kind of expected that I see the sort of comments I've seen here, since they're from players who have only scratched the surface of the map gameplay.. Which is fine of course, but you have to admit that a ladder player who can't reach level 20 in solo has pretty much no concept of what is and isn't balanced in the game.. Just like people who only play the map as a sometime diversion can't really comment on how the map should be.

Feel free to check out our site at nohunters.com , and specifically this thread for the people who speak so fondly of 4.2 :)

http://nohunters.com/forum_viewtopic.php?3.73274

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
There are so many foney versions of Footman Frenzy on bnet, that one can't make the difference anymore.

For instance, the version 5.4 (fake) introduced receipts, just like in dota. However, the receipts are not well thought out. They are uber costly and don't earn their high cost, almost always.

In addition to the fake ver 5.4, there are few fake ver 5.3, where are no cannons(a few trees, though. Nice) and the main building (the Barrack, if You wish) doesn't heal. You have to buy those stupid healing salves.

I liked, that some heroes were more "imba", than others, in version 4.2. It made the gameplay more fun, random. All in all, it's just a game. You never knew the outcome of the game, if You went -ar.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I enjoy every (real) version of Footman Frenzy.

P.S, Sometimes, when there are bunch of experienced players, the "opening-battle" is delayed and the 3 minute waiting period passes, enabling the players to tech, without choosing a hero nor fighting. That's not bad, it's just part of the game. Just wanted to mention it(I am in favor of the delayed tiers).

O

ohboy

i've been following your posts in this thread, and i have to say you sir, are a complete idiot.

5.3 without the cannons and the salves IS the official version. No it doesn't suck. Yes the random items were imbal, and were removed.

If you're gonna start acting like an expert on the map, at least make the effort to find out if you're playing the right map.

you probably stopped playing ladder because your townhall didn't base heal.sheesh.

Mahucharn

Reaction score
Don't mess with AndrewGosu when it coems to footies, play him, and he will own you bad.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.