Spellpack Thrust, Slayer's Mark & The Sweeper

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Well, after so long...
A new spellpack :D

sky1fa8.jpg

1. Thrust - Dashes along with the shockwave

2. Slayer's Mark - A little hard to show with the picture. When the Slayer's Hp drops below a certain %, he gains an increased regeneration rate until his hp goes back up.

sky2nu6.jpg

A "V" Shape going to form a "ribbon"

sky3as8.jpg

A ")" Shape going to form a "V"

3. The Sweeper - This spell is very interesting, Picture 1 and 2 shows the same skill but different patterns. See for yourself :p

Notes
You can thrust out of the map.
The Sweeper sometimes get a weird pattern because the dummies are not at the positions they are suppose to be, means they were restricted from going to the proper place because of the map boundary.
Thrust isn't MUI.
I know the hero doesnt suite the names. Should have called him the Shockwave Surfer or something..

Changed the Integers back to Reals cause they seem to work fine. TQ Legacy :p
Re-Uploaded a new version with different variables. TQ Tinki3 :D

Leave some comments. :D
Un-imbalanced it...
Sweeper deals 100 damage per shockwave instead of 400
Slayer's Mark gives Sky an increased regeneration rate instead of invulnerability

Attachments

• TheHelperSpellsSubmission-Sky-lh2705.w3x
    43.1 KB · Views: 738

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
i liked the sweeper (+Rep)
but don't u think that the 2nd one is a bit of easy skill? (only adding invulnerable that's not much of a hard skill...)

L

LegACy99

Come on, may be you can explain what the Sweeper does?
I don't really want to D/L a spellpack when I don't know what's the content about (well, I know how to do thrust and mark)

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Well, Its like a single line stampede but the stampede's directions vary depending on the distance between the target point and the caster.

Thx Doom Angel, the 2nd skill adds invulnerability but you can still attack him eventhough he is invulnerable.

L

LegACy99

Well, it looks like I've got ro D/L it anyway ^^

EDIT: WOW! The sweeper is definitely cool!
May I guess, are all the effect (shockwave) is first directed toward the point target, and after it pass, it's returning to it's former form (line), however, it disappear right after last shockwave hit the point target. (so each wave cross each other
BTW, what is dummyslayermark based on? (both physical and magical)

Hmmm...
in Thrust trigger, there's 2 'Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_CasterLoc)', I suggest you remove the first one, since the variable is still used in the second trigger, and it removes it as well in the second trigger. And I really think you should put the leak removal in the end of the trigger instead of everytime you define a variable...

while for sweeper, I don't like this: 'Set TempPoint2 = (TempPoint offset by (((((Real(NumberOfShockwaves)) + (Real(1))) / (Real(2))) x 120.00) - (120.00 x (Real((Integer A))))) towards (Angle - 90.00) degrees)' what's the point of using real? just use 1.00 instead. And... darn it! I don't understand the form of the temp point!

EDIT 2: Darn it! I was completely fooled! I thought it was something along 'moving dummy instantly' to create the effect, but it was actually just areal skill used by many dummies! >.< I was fooled by 'it-looked-like-a-complex' movement of the effect...

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Haha, anyways I'll double check it back again, recheck those leaks..
The invulnerability is based on hardened skin and item spell reduction.

I think the thrust is fine, because when I assigned the casterloc to that variable, I need to remove it before assigning a new point to that variable. I assigned CasterLoc at the second trigger. Otherwise it would leak, wouldn't it?

And seems like you were right :p, they still work without using integers.
Well, the first TempPoint sets a point behind the caster. This is used to create the line effect.
The TempPoint2 is for setting the point for every dummy caster to be created in a line starting from bottom to top.

L

LegACy99

I think the thrust is fine, because when I assigned the casterloc to that variable, I need to remove it before assigning a new point to that variable. I assigned CasterLoc at the second trigger. Otherwise it would leak, wouldn't it?
I don't think so, I think it's okay if you remove the leak in the end of the other trigger, I mean it's the actual end of the spell right?
The TempPoint2 is for setting the point for every dummy caster to be created in a line starting from bottom to top.
I know, I just can't understand how it could form a line...

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Slayer's Mark

Good, and with no leaks.

Thrust

Not much of a spell really - only a Shockwave with the caster dashing along with it. You could've based the whole spell off Shockwave itself, instead of using a dummy unit to cast it for you :). However, I did like the way you got the caster basically perfectly centered with the Shockwave.

I recommend making the caster stop dashing once the target point is reached, so they don't zoom past it, and you should also remove the dummy Shockwave, and make the damage triggered. Otherwise its not really worth calling it a spell (just kidding).

Another piece of advice, is to use a timer. It abolishes the use of turning a trigger off and on, and they are easier to manage (I find they are anyway).

Note: some of the variables for Thrust, are being used for Sweeper :p. You should make seperate variables for both spells, so they don't malfunction when they both happen to cast at the same time ;).

Sweeper

Neat, leakless, well done :).

I liked creating different patterns with the spell, it really can produce some decent eye-candy.

You don't need to use Expiration timers to kill your dummies, and you don't need to add their abilities with triggers either.

Expiration timers >> give the dummy unit 2HP via Object Editor, and -1HP regen.

I still don't get why you add the dummy abilities via triggers - just 'pre' do it in the Object Editor?

Good spellpack none the less.

+rep from me lh :D

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Thanks.

Eh? I never thought of doing that :D
So creative... :p
Ok, Im gonna do that next time.

D

D0MinIc

> Thrust can make you go out of bounds

When you set the point 'MoveToPoint', You could check the terrain type at the set point if it's walkable = true/false, and if it's not walkable, then you could make the hero rebound off the boundary or just stop.

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Is there such a condition? I'll go double check.

Anyways, hope this will get approved :D

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
I tested it out, if I used shockwave as a base, the caster won't be dashing right in the middle of the shockwave, but he will instead be behind the shockwave.

I understand that I'm using the same variables in the triggers but because I think The Sweeper is MUI since it doesn't have any waits(I think), it should be ok and you cant cast the sweeper when you are thrusting because the trigger is moving the unit, so whenever he tries to do something, he will immediately stop.

I add the dummy abilities in the triggers because I based my dummy units from my incomplete map which many spells use dummy units, so I cant just add like 15 spells into a unit, right? or can I?

Timers, can't seem to find the destroy button..

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
> The Sweeper is MUI

Indeed.

> I understand that I'm using the same variables in the triggers

Try and cast Sweeper, whilst another unit is thrusting :)

I'm not talking about just 1 unit :p

> Timers, can't seem to find the destroy button

You could use the Custom Script action to destroy them, but if you did, you wouldn't have a timer to use :p
PHP:
Custom Script:    call DestroyTimer(udg_Timer)

That's why you can only pause timers when using GUI.

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Oh, didn't think you meant it that way.. :D
Alright alright I'll change the vars.

Ah, Ok Thanks

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Comments:

Slayer's Mark:

Code:
Set TempGroup = (Units in (Entire map))

No need to create such a big group, you should at the start make the condition "unit has buff blah blah" thus:

Code:
Set TempGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Slayer's Mark ) Equal to True))

Thrust:

You should have noted that this is not MUI but can easily made as MPI (adding arrays). Besides that no more comments, good job. ;)

Sweeper:

That made me laugh, nice way of using Breath Of Fire, I thought this will be somthing like 100 coding lines.

Over all, I think this spell pack is great, thanks for posting it.

Edit: I forgot to note that somtimes when using Thrust, the hero get stuck in trees, that's annoying, I suggest checking doodads infront of the caster (use angle between points) and turn of the trigger if needed.

Another Edit: Tinki3, he / she could not base thrust on shockwave becuase you need to select a target locaiton for the spell to work. ;)

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Ok, new map uploaded, the map is 0.3kbs larger :p

@Rheias
I understand that, but since I use that kind of trigger as a universal buff checker for alot of my spells involving buff checking, I just used the same form of coding.
I dislike making MPI abilities though, very troublesome...
Anyways, thanks for your input

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> Thrust - Dashes along with the shockwave

I think it' s original spell what makes it very good. Others aren' t bad also, but first is my favorite.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.