Time Travel

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Thats true, time is not linear (I forgot!), so you could essentially change the path you god down. But there are infinit paths. SO please disregrde my last post :D.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Well, my thoughts are that, if tachyons exist--and I think they do--all we have to do is make a vessal powered and/or fueled by tachyons. Then we would be able to travel back in time. Of course, problems could occur during the journey, for our bodies may not be able to handle the extreme speed. By the end of the journey, we'd be less-than-paper thin, flattened against the chairs! :p

time is not linear
Refresh my memory, what does this exactly mean? That there isn't just one path for any given timeline?

I have a lot of trouble with visualizing a spatial fourth dimension.
Well, we as a 3rd dimensional being aren't really supposed to be able to visualize the 4th dimension. Since we wouldn't be able to see anything 4th dimension and on because we're too "stupid" or "basic", if you will. Just like in that link talking about the book "Entering the Tenth Dimension" or something, a 2-dimensional being wouldn't be able to view our world in 3 dimensions, only 2.

Zakyath

Reaction score
It must be impossible to change something that's already happened. Because, well... it's already happened. So if you travel back in time, and change something, it won't do any difference. It's already happened... just thoughts...

And about our destinys, well, every move you make creates your destiny. It's not 'set'. You're setting it right now... just more thoughts...

D

Dr4gonL0rd

It must be impossible to change something that's already happened. Because, well... it's already happened. So if you travel back in time, and change something, it won't do any difference. It's already happened... just thoughts...

Well, in that link talking about all the dimensions (0-10), it says that everything we do is because of our thoughts, probablility, and the actions of others.
So...If you were to go back in time, you could influence someone or something and change history. Yes it is true that the past is done and already happened. But when you go back in time, it isn't technically "the past" anymore, so therefore it can be altered.

Edit: Ah HA! I found that acticle thing about the clocks and the planes. Here goes...
Scientists have verified that time does slow down with speed, as Einstein's theories claim. In a 1979 experiment, syncronized atomic clocks were placed in two jetplanes. One of the clocks was flown westward around the world, and the other eastward. When the two were compared with a third. stationary on the ground, the eastbound clock was running late, and the westbound clock early--just as predicted by the Special Theory of Relativity.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Ok, I thought I'd try to "revive" this thread (as it seems people are bored with it) by asking another question concerning time travel.

What are your ideas on ways that you could travel in time? What would the vehicle look like if you could build it? What powers it? When do you think something like this would be possible?

Hope that spurs some imagination. :p

Tonks

Reaction score
Ok, I thought I'd try to "revive" this thread (as it seems people are bored with it) by asking another question concerning time travel.

What are your ideas on ways that you could travel in time? What would the vehicle look like if you could build it? What powers it? When do you think something like this would be possible?

Hope that spurs some imagination. :p

I don't think it would be a vehicle, though that seems to be the common thought. I think that if it were possible, it would simply be a method of altering atoms or whatnot.

Apostle O

Reaction score
Personally, I think that the device would be something like a huge facility, much like the supercoliders we have today. The device would be used to fold uper-level dimensions to create a wormhole from a certain point in the facility to a target point on the target dimension.

-Apostle O

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I read all the posts :cool:
Being a 15 year old- isn' t a problem. If you are smarter at early you don' t cry about 50 years later when you are top sientict for wasting time. People should thing more about what is "impossible" and can ever be a thing "impossible". Most comercial things sucks beacause they only degrade our minds by providing illusion in what they are living in themselves. That makes us belive like world is safe place where you have to pay bills and read only their pseudoproblems (Yellow press). I hate when my english barrier stops me from expressing my mind. I would start crying knowing how many people on earth are and only few of them try to understand "world" (Enstain, Tesla and all the other sienticts who had interest in learning to understand world mechanics, In 21th century you only have to worry for paying taxes and learning in school or not losing your job. It would be so cool if we could be in world where everyone wants to know how world (Universe) works. Thinking about such questions totaly loses your safe feeling what is that where we live ? I have interesting ideas and maybe smart people would answer them who know what they are talking about:
There are some energy/ matter what can travel back in time (They moved faster than light and they had a complicated name.) Does that kind matter/ energy exict (Spelling) like water on earth and moves back in time just right now :confused: ? If yes imagine that one particle of that matter/ energy has reached to beginning of time or creation of Universe, what would happen ? It looks like that it has time to travel back in time infinite time so once it has to reach start of time and where does it go then :rolleyes: ?
If Universe is endless (After wall there has to be something :p ) I think it is same with giong smaller it is infinite I will draw a letter picture how I imagine our universe if you think about going smaller and once reaching smallest form possible (Eh eh eh that word again :shades: ) there has to be something in that small thing its the "After wall there has to be something" theory.
Pic:
X- would represent thing going huger and huger (Universe).
O- would be smallest thing "possible"
Y- thing going again smaller like bigger :nuts: I just vizualise it like that in my mind. You can put box, into box, into box, into box, into box,k ,into box+ 1 :D
= just for filling it up
X======================X
=X====================X
==X==================X
===X================X
====X==============X
=====X============X
======X==========X
=======X========X
========X======X
=========X====X
==========x==X
===========O=
==========Y==Y
=========Y====Y
========Y======Y
=======Y========Y
======Y==========Y
=====Y============Y
====Y==============Y
===Y================Y
==Y==================Y
Britty wicked eh :nuts:
All are speaking about light bouncing from objects travelling fastrer than time , does light travels in time beacause it has max speed ? So light travels in time to future while moving from Sun to Earth or from one universe end to another (I know there isn' t a end just like very long distance I mean.) ? When humans age while traveling to future in time does light lose energy when traveling to future in time ? What trusts light ? It can' t just move on its own :D If we invent wormholes to different dimensions could there be a source of power what beats light speed so we could travel in our dimension ? What is Time :eek: ? What keeps it going on ? If everything started from nothing then everything is possible even greater speeds than light. Even better, light speed slows down in time when you travel in time did I got it right ? Or was speed of light constant in these things ?
I gonna try this :p : Creation of Universe and beautiful women are charming- you can' t get inaf about thinking of them.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

There are some energy/ matter what can travel back in time (They moved faster than light and they had a complicated name.) Does that kind matter/ energy exict (Spelling) like water on earth and moves back in time just right now

Are you talking about tachyons? They are particles that move faster than light, which allows them to easily go back in time. But tachyons are only theoretical. No one has proven that they exist. :(

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Yes about Tachyons. How they are created if they are thought out then sad storry I hoped they exist and float somewhere like... erm fishes in water :D What you think abut going smaller theory ?

E

Eilhal

Uh, I thought Einstein proved long ago time TRAVEL wasn't possible? :eek: :eek:

I actually believe he said it IS possible... theory of relativity ringing a bell?

He said that since the speed of light is constant to the observer if I am going at 100,000 mph and you are standing still my sense of light speed will be going 100,000 mph faster than yours. I will explain how this works for the forty millionth time I myself have done it at least twice already buy folow me yet again

If I am on a train and I throw a ball at 50 mph and the train is moving at 100 mph... I see the ball as moving at 50 mph... but someone standing off of the train sees it moving at 150 mph... if I turn a flashlight on I see the light traveling at 670,616,629.384 mph and someone standing off of the train also sees the light traveling at exactly 670,616,629.384
For that to be true time MUST be passing by just the slightest bit slower for me than the person standing off of the train.
We both see light moving at the same speed... but the lights speed (if light was subjected to the laws of matter) should be 670,616,629.384 mph PLUS the speed of the train... because that is how we determined the speed of the ball correct? but it isn't that way with light.
if I were to travel at 335,307,814.692 mph (half the speed of light) then for me to travel a distance of 335,307,814.692 miles it would take me one hour. and I would see the light travel that distance at a speed of my speed plus the speed of light... so at 1,005,924,444.076 mph because I would have to see it moving at 670,616,629.384 mph... so it would make it the distance of 335,307,814.692 miles in twenty minutes... but for someone standing still they would see that same light get to that location in 30 minutes... therefore I would have "traveled forward in time" 10 minutes for every twenty minutes that passes by... you can see why this would cause time travel to be very very hard to do... because at half the speed of light every hour would send me forward 30 minutes. This would not be practical for any large amount of time as it would not prolong how long I live... I would spend 2 years to travel forward one year IF I could ever reach that speed to begin with let alon maintain it for two years. It would take so much energy that it would be totally impractical.
If I could reach the speed of light 670,616,629.384 mph then light to me would be traveling at 1,341,233,258.768 mph meaning that every time I travel one hour light would have traveled twice as far to my eyes... but to someone else it would have traveled the same distance as me... therefore every 1 second that would pass for me 2 seconds would pass for everyone else...
What I just said almost contradicts my previous statements in this post though... because what I said was that the speed of light WASN'T a constant... ... wow... I just totally changed my thinking on this lol... well... now that I've made my point and then called myself an idiot:p I'm done lol

Ozzdog

Reaction score
Are Tacyons or however they are spelt, those small things which the string theory talks about? If they could ever prove the string theory was legit (which they probably never will, but instead prove it wrong), they would b able to solve all the unanswered questions in the universe such as time travel.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
Anyone read the Time Machine. Not exciting at all but at the start the theory of existance or whatever, where
"A cube does not exist when only having length, height, width, breadth," and then the other guy objects, "of course a solid body can exist," and then the Time Traveler says, "But can an instantaneous cube exist? One that exists for no amount of time."
Well I thought that was pretty interesting, and combining with Einstien's theory of relativity, we could construct time travel I think. If we get a machine that can move at the speed of light, then we can travel into the future, because of Einstiens Theory of Relativity, and the Past I'm not completely sure, but hey... anything is possible.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Are Tacyons or however they are spelt, those small things which the string theory talks about? If they could ever prove the string theory was legit (which they probably never will, but instead prove it wrong), they would b able to solve all the unanswered questions in the universe such as time travel.

It is spelt 'tachyon' (no capitalization ;) ). I dont think that they are related to string theory, but then again, I could be wrong. Some scientists believe that tachyons are associated with certain types of radiation; like the radiation coming from nuclear power plants and such. This radiation causes a blue glow (because of tahcyons supposedly) or something. This radiation is also present in space as well, so many argue that if tachyons exist, space would glow blue just like the reactors. Or something like that. I dont have that pamphlet on tachyons out right now.

Ozzdog

Reaction score
Ok, because in the String Theory (Also known as "The THeory of Everything" or "The Theory of Life") sudgests that there are subatomic circular "strings" that vibrate in certain patterns ordering atoms to do what atoms do best. THese strings' vibrations are controlles by a 6 dimensional object located on every point in the universe.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Ok, because in the String Theory (Also known as "The THeory of Everything" or "The Theory of Life") sudgests that there are subatomic circular "strings" that vibrate in certain patterns ordering atoms to do what atoms do best. THese strings' vibrations are controlles by a 6 dimensional object located on every point in the universe.

:eek: :eek:
I was wrong, tachyons are related to string theory. Felt I should google tachyons.

C

Chamenas

I guess if time traveling into the future was possible, it is true that we all have set destinys. Im not quite how to explain this, ill give it some more thought, but it makes sense.

not at all, it is just that since I am moving faster through time, your actions are sped up. It isn't as if your actions are predetermined, it's all relative.

Ozzdog

Reaction score
We already resolved that matter, Chamenas. Please read all the posts.

@DragonLord Haha! I was correct :D.

C

Chamenas

We already resolved that matter, Chamenas. Please read all the posts.

@DragonLord Haha! I was correct :D.
I simply don't have the time to trudge through all the posts. However, whether or not there are other reasons for why things may be "predetermined" the fact that there is "time travel" is not one of them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.