I created a timer and I see this:

etc...

how can I make the timer is like this?

etc...

MissKerrigan

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you could create your own version of a timer display, a simple dialogue with a label in it and change the label's text every second, like so:
Trigger:
  • Timer Display
    • Events
      • Your events
    • Conditions
      • Your conditions
    • Local Variables
      • x <Integer> = 0
      • DialogueBox <Dialogue> = Create Dialogue using size [x] by [y] at position [x], [y]
      • TextLabel <Dialogue Item> = Create Label in DialogueBox at 50, 50 that reads ""
    • Actions
      • For each integer x from 0 to 30 do actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Dialogue - Set TextLabel text to (String(30 - x))
          • Wait (1.00) seconds
      • Do actions that you do when it ends

GFreak45

Reaction score
lol MK you should learn this, the data editor is great, but anything that isnt interacting directly with a unit from another unit isnt possible with the data editor (in most cases) so if you want to have a quality map you HAVE to learn how to use the trigger editor

A dialogue box is like a window in front of the screen, for example: if you go on the game MineralZ and wait for someone to choose a planet, a screen will pop up allowing you to choose options for your worker, that screen is a dialogue box.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
yes but I just asked something about a timer which is 00.00.30 - 00.00.29 - 00.00.28.....

I only wanted to remove all these zero numbers, is this really all needed to do this?

GFreak45

Reaction score
yes, unfortunately the timers are auto-formatted to be displayed like this

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Why dont you try to set it up? If you dont succed... well thats sad, you tried. But if you succed you just learned something new :)

GFreak45

Reaction score
no, there isnt, thats the difference between triggers and data editing, triggers you can just delete the trigger that is screwing things up

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
no, there isnt, thats the difference between triggers and data editing, triggers you can just delete the trigger that is screwing things up
Additional to that, you should always make some backup versions.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Additional to that, you should always make some backup versions.

You can even make the editor do that for you. I personally have more than 500 backups of different maps I've bee working on.

Go to preferences(File>Preferences) and select the "Documents" tab. Check "Automatically backup documents when saving" and check the other stuff you want.

I backup in a separate folder. I also do automatic saves every 10 minutes and I only backup every 2 hours. I included automatic saves in my backups.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I have to delete the trigger I created in first so if the new one doesn't work I have no any triggre

GFreak45

Reaction score
false, thats jut not true, there is no reason at all to not try creating your own triggers besides that you dont want to learn it.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
If you have all your other triggers and create a new one, they wont be affected if you delete the new one. There doesn't have to be any connection between these things.

This is not always the case, and if you have a more complicated system(and you're trying to accomplish something more complex), you might end up with a situation where trying something can mess up things that already work. However, in this case you can always use backups.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.