Tiny Server split problem, within 3 seconds of gametime...

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I got a tiny Server split problem...
its at, I know where it is...., its at start... :p
Within the first 3 seconds it appears. The odd thing is that I do not have any triggers that is "strange looking" within the first three seconds of gametime..
Ill post those I got here ofc.

Code:
Melee Initialization Copy
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
        Unit - Change ownership of Footman 0101 <gen> to Neutral Extra and Change color
        Game - Display to (All players) the text:                    ...
        Unit - Hide Undead Rifleman Cinematic Background 0016 <gen>
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Neutral Passive) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Neutral Extra and Change color
        Set boats[1] = Frigate 0031 <gen>
        Set boats[2] = Frigate 0035 <gen>
        Set boats[3] = Cruiser 0033 <gen>
        Set boats[4] = Transport 0032 <gen>
        Set boats[5] = Transport 0037 <gen>
        Set boats[6] = Transport 0038 <gen>
        Set goldmine = Gold Mine 0036 <gen>
        Unit - Turn collision for Human Transport Ship 0006 <gen> Off
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Hide undeadboats[(Integer A)]
        Quest - Create a Required quest titled Welcome with the description Welcome to another ..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNShockWave.blp
        Quest - Create a Required quest titled Version Updates with the description V.1 - Created on 10..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNSelectHeroOn.blp
        Quest - Create a Required quest titled Beta Testers with the description Why I needed beta t..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPeasant.blp
        Unit - Hide Fountain of Power 0055 <gen>
        Set regionshop[1] = Shop1 <gen>
        Set regionshop[2] = Shop2 <gen>
        Set regionshop[3] = Shop3 <gen>
        Set regionshop[4] = Shop4 <gen>
        Set regionshop[5] = Shop5 <gen>
        Set regionshop[6] = Shop6 <gen>
        Set regionshop[7] = Shop7 <gen>
        Set regionshop[8] = Shop8 <gen>
        Set regionshop[9] = Shop9 <gen>
        Set regionshop[10] = Shop10 <gen>
        Game - Display to (All players) the text:                    ...
        Unit - Change ownership of Furbolg Champion 0091 <gen> to Neutral Victim and Change color
        Unit - Change ownership of Murloc Mutant 0092 <gen> to Neutral Victim and Change color
        Unit - Change ownership of Jungle Stalker 0093 <gen> to Neutral Victim and Change color
        Unit - Change ownership of Sea Giant 0094 <gen> to Neutral Victim and Change color
        Unit - Remove Peasent 0049 <gen> from the game
        Unit - Remove Peasent 0048 <gen> from the game
        Unit - Remove Peasent 0050 <gen> from the game
        Unit - Remove Peasent 0087 <gen> from the game
        Unit - Remove Peasent 0047 <gen> from the game
        Unit - Remove Peasent 0046 <gen> from the game
        Unit - Remove Peasent 0044 <gen> from the game
        Unit - Remove Peasent 1 0088 <gen> from the game
        Unit - Remove Peasent 2 0089 <gen> from the game
        Unit - Hide Mortar Team 0034 <gen>
        Unit - Hide Jungle Stalker 0093 <gen>
        Unit - Hide Furbolg Champion 0091 <gen>
        Unit - Hide Sea Giant 0094 <gen>
        Unit - Hide Murloc Mutant 0092 <gen>
        [COLOR="red"]Game - Display to (All players) the text:                    ...[/COLOR]

Code:
Dialog1
    Events
        [B][COLOR="Blue"]Time - Elapsed game time is 1.75 seconds[/COLOR][/B]
    Conditions
    Actions
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of Player 1 (Red)) +  has 15 seconds to set the game option...)
        Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for Player Group - Player 1 (Red)
        Wait 0.50 game-time seconds
        Dialog - Change the title of Dialog1 to Game Options: 1/1
        Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog1 labelled Skip all cinematics
        Set Button1[5] = (Last created dialog Button)
        Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog1 labelled Play All Cinematics
        Set Button1[1] = (Last created dialog Button)
        Dialog - Show Dialog1 for Player 1 (Red)

Code:
ChurchDmg
    Events
        Time - Every 1.35 seconds of game time
    Conditions
        (Number of units in peongroup) Greater than 0
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Peongroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 2.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal

Code:
Alliances
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 3.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        [COLOR="Red"]Game - Display to (All players) the text: Alliances![/COLOR]
        If ((Player 1 (Red) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Player Group - Add Player 1 (Red) to Humans) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Player Group - Add Player 2 (Blue) to Humans) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 3 (Teal) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Player Group - Add Player 3 (Teal) to Humans) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 4 (Purple) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Player Group - Add Player 4 (Purple) to Humans) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 5 (Yellow) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Player Group - Add Player 5 (Yellow) to Humans) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 6 (Orange) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Player Group - Add Player 6 (Orange) to Humans) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 7 (Green) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Player Group - Add Player 7 (Green) to Humans) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 8 (Pink) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Player Group - Add Player 8 (Pink) to Humans) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 9 (Gray) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Player Group - Add Player 9 (Gray) to Humans) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 10 (Light Blue) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Player Group - Add Player 10 (Light Blue) to Peons) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 11 (Dark Green) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Player Group - Add Player 11 (Dark Green) to Peons) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 12 (Brown) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Player Group - Add Player 12 (Brown) to Peons) else do (Do nothing)
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Player Group - Make Humans treat Humans as an Ally with shared vision
        Player Group - Make Humans treat Peons as an Enemy
        Player Group - Make Player Group - Neutral Hostile treat Peons as an Ally with shared vision
        Player Group - Make Player Group - Neutral Hostile treat Humans as an Ally with shared vision
        Player Group - Make Peons treat Player Group - Neutral Passive as an Enemy
        Player Group - Make Peons treat Player Group - Neutral Hostile as an Ally
        Player Group - Make Peons treat Humans as an Enemy
        Player Group - Make Player Group - Neutral Passive treat Peons as an Enemy

Comments: The first trigger that runs, is the one at top, then they run towards...the trigger at bottom, where the red text is, somewhere in between of those, the blue function is I dont remember if that pops up before/after the player gets disconnected :), the players disconnects/server split... How I know? well, easy, "Player X has left the game" appears within those functions marked with red...So it got to be something in between of those? Right?

And yes, I did use "for each int" to add players in the playergroups, buut, I thought that might be the problem, why? Really dont know anymore...

Last; the two "alliances" and "Initialize Copy" triggers are actually from one earlier version that works... So, can any units or something cause these problems? Which one? :)

So, are there any thing else that can cause a server split, GUI-functions? Anyone you might know of that I dont? :D

My imports: loadscreen and mappreview
+rep to..........YOU!;)

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Code:
Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)

When you turn it back off, I think you only do it for one player:

Code:
Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for Player Group - Player 1 (Red)

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Turning on for all players, then turning off for one is a "legal act"...
I have now had a "bnet tester" to help me out...And I started to disable 50/50, then 25/100...... Then when he still disconnected, I hosted any other map (autumn crossing td with boobs <3 (If thats not lol, then i dno what lol is!<3) and he didnt disc there... So i then went to my map, removed all preplaced units and removed all imports...Result: map still includes a server split

What I will do?
I will open a new map, copy paste terrain, copy paste items/units ......
And create it more or less "all over again"...
Tnx for trying Ghan, ^^

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> And I started to disable 50/50, then 25/100

What do you mean by that? Also, can you pinpoint the place where the disconnect occurs?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Well, there is a rumour that cinematic mode desyncs in multi player games

It must only happen under certain circumstances, then, because I have a cinematic on one of my maps, and it works fine in multiplayer....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.