to every1 here in se texas and houston

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know there are a few people here from the Houston area and Ike is on his way to see us. Just wanted to say good luck to u all and hopefully it not too bad. We are under an evacuation order here. For now I have decided to stay home and hope the surge doesn't make it this far. May change my mind in the morning. Just depends on if I feel stupid for staying or not.

later

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I am in Houston but I doubt they will mandatory evacuate us. I would not leave anyway. Good luck to everyone.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I am in Houston but I doubt they will mandatory evacuate us. I would not leave anyway. Good luck to everyone.

Thats not always the smartest thing to do... No Power, No Hosipitals, I have been through enough hurricanes in my 14 years here in Florida to know, if theres a Cat. 4+ you should leave. :rolleyes:

but TH is ether too brave or too stuborn to Evac xD

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
They only evacuated select zip codes in Houston. All the hospitals and such are open in the non evacuation zip codes. Biggest issue is going to be power but all the important places have massive generators. They mostly evacuate surge zones like clear lake and laporte areas

Xentorians

Reaction score
Hey good luck to everyone out there in the Houston area. Make sure you bring in all your gear that could get blown away and take ALL precautionary measures if your gonna go toe to toe with Ike. Ive experienced mild Cat1ish storms out in Long Island, I cant even imagine the devastation something like Ike brings.

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
They are talking about 20ft storm surge here now. It is very close whether I will be far enuff inland to completly avoid it. Where I work @ could possibly get 10 to 15 ft of water since the feels sure the 15 -17 ft levy will be over topped. Hopefully it doesn't break.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like it is coming right in on us. Not going to evacuate but will probably regret it if we lose power for a week. We have not had a big storm with high winds in 25 years so all those trees have grown back up and power lines are a coming down. I might be off the net for a while but the site is in a Data Center in Dallas so it should be fine :thup:

See you guys after.

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Best of luck everyone. I've been looking at some photos today, they look quite scary.

Stephen Anderson

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
hope every1 did well. I have a hole in my house and all my electical wirning got ripped out so I will be without power for prob a month or so. using a laptop robbing off someone elses wireless right now. not sure whos it is. store surge came too close for comfort to my neigborhood and downtown orange, tx is trashed as it bridge city area. looking forward to having power again someday and possibly eating some mcdonalds soon.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
hope every1 did well. I have a hole in my house and all my electical wirning got ripped out so I will be without power for prob a month or so. using a laptop robbing off someone elses wireless right now. not sure whos it is. store surge came too close for comfort to my neigborhood and downtown orange, tx is trashed as it bridge city area. looking forward to having power again someday and possibly eating some mcdonalds soon.

I had my obligatory first Mc Donalds meal today for breakfast at the Wal Mart that just opened up and I am right in the middle of Houston. People here are going to be out of power for weeks and we are a big city. I can just guess how long it will take you guys to get power back and you were messed up worse than us. Good Luck to you!

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Since the hurricane was coming straight up I 35 up here in Dallas we were concerned at the high winds and other things with this hurricane. I was out preparing for the hurricane by lightning the load of my trees outside, and all sorts of things.

The day of, the winds picked up to 5 mph, my power went out (I was pissed), and we got a light rain.

The casualties of the weekend were that missed the release of the Skunk board for the Jaguar :banghead: since I was dealing with fuel issues across the country where I work.

And the branches I cut took forever to get picked up since they were mistaken for the power company's cuttings.

Feel bad for those in Galveston.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.